[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
sht1ck0 wrote:
"
I am playing this build (with some slight tweaks) and it is fantastic. I am mid way to level 99 and grinding for a Mageblood.

My slight tweaks include:

* Using 5 curses (I use enfeeble/punishment in the helmet, and Conductivity/Ele Weakness/Assassin's Mark with Brand).

* Using More Duration on Arcane Cloak to keep the uptime as high as possible

* In Shield, I use Cold Snap instead of Wave of Conviction, as I love my frenzy charges. Against biggest bosses, I will swap Cold Snap for Shock Nova for increased shock effect.

* I went a little more defensive in my build, getting 88/87 block

* Use Corrupted Soul via Glorious Vanity jewel. This gives me almost 4000 ES.

* If you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend getting the new Wand enchantment, Haunted by Tormented Spirits. It is RIDICULOUSLY good for the build:

The one enchantment gives-
a) 35% Increased Movement Speed
b) 35% Increased Cast Speed (makes Frostblink of Wintery Blast feel so much better)
c) 35% Increased Damage
d) a random Tormented effect (ranges from more life, to more speed, to explody effects, to minions to a ton of various fun things that happen randomly to your character)

When I finally get a Mageblood I will be adding the following to my build:

Stun Immunity, Ailment Immunity, Curse Immunity and a ton of movement speed. This will allow me to dump Brine King and use the significantly better Lunaris. I am also going to try to use ES Leech on a flask and see if I can remove the long path to Light Eater and use those 7 tree points elsewhere in the build.

can i see pob?

sure.

Please note in the config that I only set shock to 30, and I don't select "enemy on low life", when you are looking at the DPS. The numbers will sky rocket if you set to 50 and low life and I don't know how realistic it is so I want to be more conservative in the config.

https://pobb.in/uOIi8lD5xgS6

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 16, 2024, 1:49:03 AM
Hi, AndyLovesHisBge whats the nodes on Timeless jewel? thank you
"
I am playing this build (with some slight tweaks) and it is fantastic. I am mid way to level 99 and grinding for a Mageblood.

* Using 5 curses (I use enfeeble/punishment in the helmet, and Conductivity/Ele Weakness/Assassin's Mark with Brand).

* In Shield, I use Cold Snap instead of Wave of Conviction, as I love my frenzy charges. Against biggest bosses, I will swap Cold Snap for Shock Nova for increased shock effect.

* If you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend getting the new Wand enchantment, Haunted by Tormented Spirits. It is RIDICULOUSLY good for the build:

b) 35% Increased Cast Speed (makes Frostblink of Wintery Blast feel so much better)
c) 35% Increased Damage
d) a random Tormented effect (ranges from more life, to more speed, to explody effects, to minions to a ton of various fun things that happen randomly to your character)

Stun Immunity, Ailment Immunity, Curse Immunity and a ton of movement speed. This will allow me to dump Brine King and use the significantly better Lunaris. I am also going to try to use ES Leech on a flask and see if I can remove the long path to Light Eater and use those 7 tree points elsewhere in the build.

hi!
the build already has 5 curses and more duration on arcane cloak.

i like the idea of cold snap for mapping, but the problem is that Inner Conviction prevents the Frenzy Charge generation.
for bossing wave of conviction is better.
we already shock pretty consistently for 50% (thanks to the lightning mastery), so i don't see the use of shock nova.

i'm a big fan of corrupted blood and i was using it switching to block. with block i don't feel the need of it anymore and i prefer the added damage of inner convition. (for me corrupted blood gives +5% ehp versus +24% dps of the inner conviction node of militant faith).
also, if you use glorious vanity you to path in middle to corrupt MoM, and that's a lots of points.

yep, Haunted by Tormented Spirits is the gg enchantment for the build (i mention it in the guide), but it costs a lot of currency, so i'm using ele weak on hit for now
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 16, 2024, 6:37:38 AM
"
sht1ck0 wrote:

the lightning strike is for dps considering crits are consistent. he has his ele weakness curse + another curse on gloves as unique corrupted implicits.

so, i've fiddled with it in pob and i came to the conclusion that i don't like it, here's why.

first of all you have to cut some gems from the build, since you need to use the sockets on the wand to support lightning bolt.

that's usually where 2 of your curses go, so you need a pair of double corrupted gloves in order to apply them without using physical gems (like he did).
but that's just 4 curses out of 5 (2 from kitava, 2 from corrupted gloves), so you still need to make room for the fifth.

he does this by putting it in the svallin, but that's means losing one of our buffs.
(also, i don't get at all why he's using frost bomb on svalinn).

the worst buff in the svalinn for us is Wave of Conviction, so we can try to take that out.

since we have changed gloves we also lost unnerved and life leech.

we have lost 16% dps, so the Lightning Bolt has to make up for that.
the big problem is that it has a cooldown of 0.5 seconds, so even if we try to support that with Archmage, Conc effect and Crit Damage we are still at negative dps compared to where we started.

it's not a huge difference (something like -1%) but we made a lot of changes just to do less damage and losing leech in the process.

also, the "on hit" curses are lvl1. we already had a lvl1 ele weakness, but now we have an efeeble lvl1 too, which makes us lose around 14% ehp.

so in the end we lose:
-a little bit of dps
-a significant amount of ehp
-life leech (we MUST get it somewhere else)
-stats (life, mana, res) from our rare gloves

and btw, we ultimately want "Haunted by Tormented Spirits" on our wand
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 16, 2024, 10:15:58 AM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

c) 35% Increased Damage

hi!
the build already has 5 curses and more duration on arcane cloak.

i like the idea of cold snap for mapping, but the problem is that Inner Conviction prevents the Frenzy Charge generation.
for bossing wave of conviction is better.
we already shock pretty consistently for 50% (thanks to the lightning mastery), so i don't see the use of shock nova.

i'm a big fan of corrupted blood and i was using it switching to block. with block i don't feel the need of it anymore and i prefer the added damage of inner convition. (for me corrupted blood gives +5% ehp versus +24% dps of the inner conviction node of militant faith).
also, if you use glorious vanity you to path in middle to corrupt MoM, and that's a lots of points.

Shock Nova raises the cap of 50 to 70 on shock. It makes a big difference in damage on single targets (certainly not needed on anything but the biggest bosses though). I do very much like the idea of getting the Exposure from Wave of Conviction. I will have to test that out.

We have different pathing in general so it is not a lot of points for me to get Corrupted Soul and I tend to love defenses :) .
"

Shock Nova raises the cap of 50 to 70 on shock. It makes a big difference in damage on single targets (certainly not needed on anything but the biggest bosses though).

mmm but being a local mod of Shock Nova doesn't it means that is the Shock Nova itself that has to do enough damage to apply the 70% shock?

I've run a brief test with a 20/20 shock nova against a normal t16 map boss and I got a 41% shock at max so this seems to confirm it.

here's the video of the test

am I missing something?

Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 16, 2024, 9:54:30 AM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

Shock Nova raises the cap of 50 to 70 on shock. It makes a big difference in damage on single targets (certainly not needed on anything but the biggest bosses though).

mmm but being a local mod of Shock Nova doesn't it means that is the Shock Nova itself that has to do enough damage to apply the 70% shock?

I've run a brief test with a 20/20 shock nova against a normal t16 map boss and I got a 41% shock at max so this seems to confirm it.

here's the video of the test

am I missing something?

I don't think you are missing anything. I think you are 100% correct.

I have been using Cold Snap the entire time and never actually tested Shock Nova and just assumed it would work because I saw it in a build guide but I agree with you that it has to be Shock Nova itself that gets you over 50 and we are unlikely to do that on a big boss with the skill by itself.

Thank you for testing it out!

would love answer on that
Edit. how do i delete that post? xD
Last edited by Xanderon on Aug 16, 2024, 10:29:34 AM
"
Xanderon wrote:
Hi, what to look for on timeless jewel? devotion effect? numbers?
Also, will it hurt/brick build if i get some suppresion from items anyway? got some solid items i would need to change if i have to get rid of suppresion

would love answer on that xD
"
Xanderon wrote:
"
Xanderon wrote:
Hi, what to look for on timeless jewel? devotion effect? numbers?
Also, will it hurt/brick build if i get some suppresion from items anyway? got some solid items i would need to change if i have to get rid of suppresion

would love answer on that xD

sorry man!
i've added some explanation under gear>jewel, those should answer your question regarding timeless jewels.

suppression doesn't hurt the build, so you can keep your gg items :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info