[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
"
Daysminator wrote:
heey!
im not sure what i did wrong, but after buying some items and jewels, my ice nova is not proccing my frostbolt, i believe it is because my ice nova is costing 44 mana ATM, what should i do to fix this?

https://pobb.in/OSXhOvVMAcz8 this is my current pob

thanks in advance ♥

The problem is your mana pool is way too small.

The Archmage support gem increases the cost of Ice Nova based on 5% of your mana pool.

You only have a mana pool of 1100 in this POB and that is not enough to help archmage increase your mana cost.

You need to get more mana on your gear/jewels and get more mana increase in the tree.

well i thought that was odd, so what i did was, i removed my Militant Faith Jewel and then my mana went up to 5.8k and my ice nova cost went up to 221.
so now im not sure how to fix this and use the jewel
"
Daysminator wrote:
"
"
Daysminator wrote:
heey!
im not sure what i did wrong, but after buying some items and jewels, my ice nova is not proccing my frostbolt, i believe it is because my ice nova is costing 44 mana ATM, what should i do to fix this?

https://pobb.in/OSXhOvVMAcz8 this is my current pob

thanks in advance ♥

The problem is your mana pool is way too small.

The Archmage support gem increases the cost of Ice Nova based on 5% of your mana pool.

You only have a mana pool of 1100 in this POB and that is not enough to help archmage increase your mana cost.

You need to get more mana on your gear/jewels and get more mana increase in the tree.

well i thought that was odd, so what i did was, i removed my Militant Faith Jewel and then my mana went up to 5.8k and my ice nova cost went up to 221.
so now im not sure how to fix this and use the jewel

oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have the wrong Militant Faith. You chose High Templar Avarius. That gives you the wrong keystone (Power of Purpose). That kills your mana pool :)

OK this makes much more sense now as I could not figure out why your mana pool was so tiny. lol

Get a militant faith with Dominus. That will give you the proper Keystone of Inner Conviction.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 23, 2024, 11:59:58 AM
How much do we care about a 3rd notable on our large cluster jewel? FWIW, I'm not planning to push past level 95/96 (I'm just not that good or patient).
"
Tenchuu wrote:
I think it works perfectly with a HH as well, of course you will need to go for some more resist on your other pieces instead.

My current Version:

https://pobb.in/0Z0MXCp_TbaP

Honestly I feel no need for HH or Mageblood right now.

I am still lacking the "real" god tier items / rolls, but if you see any major flaw or some ideas to improve, let me know :)

your build looks great! How are you enjoying the Oriaths End flask for clearing?

I love the chest! Wonderful double corrupt.

You can probably consider moving to the large cluster setup now if that interests you.
"
Martingale7 wrote:
How much do we care about a 3rd notable on our large cluster jewel? FWIW, I'm not planning to push past level 95/96 (I'm just not that good or patient).

Even at level 100 I don't intend to allocate the 3rd node on the large cluster, so as long as you get the two nodes you want on the outside, you only need to spend 5 points with in the large cluster.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Would this jewel work? Or should I keep rolling (not really sure how cluster jewels work -- is the node position tied to the jewel, or just random as you roll it)? Looks like the important node is on the back for this one when I import it in POB.

Item Class: Jewels
Rarity: Rare
Spirit Wound
Large Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
Level: 54
--------
Item Level: 82
--------
Adds 8 Passive Skills (enchant)
2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets (enchant)
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Lightning Damage (enchant)
--------
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: 4% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: +5 to Maximum Mana
1 Added Passive Skill is Doryani's Lesson
1 Added Passive Skill is Storm Drinker
--------
Place into an allocated Large Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Added passives do not interact with jewel radiuses. Right click to remove from the Socket.
[/quote]

so now im not sure how to fix this and use the jewel[/quote]

oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have the wrong Militant Faith. You chose High Templar Avarius. That gives you the wrong keystone (Power of Purpose). That kills your mana pool :)

OK this makes much more sense now as I could not figure out why your mana pool was so tiny. lol

Get a militant faith with Dominus. That will give you the proper Keystone of Inner Conviction.
[/quote]

oooh that makes so much sense now! hahaha
i didnt even see that
just out of curiosity, the higher the amount of "glorify" the better?
"
Martingale7 wrote:

Would this jewel work? Or should I keep rolling (not really sure how cluster jewels work -- is the node position tied to the jewel, or just random as you roll it)? Looks like the important node is on the back for this one when I import it in POB.

Spirit Wound
Large Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
--------
--------
--------
--------
Place into an allocated Large Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Added passives do not interact with jewel radiuses. Right click to remove from the Socket.

the main point of the cluster version is to get leech from somwhere that isn’t our gloves (that’s what start the chain of changes)

doryani’s lesson is mandatory, but we want 2 other passive notable on the jewel.
i can’t really explain why rn because i’m not at home, but maybe someone else can.

or you can try to fiddle around with cluster jewels in pob

(basicallly the reason is the position of the notables
on the cluster jewels itself)
"
Martingale7 wrote:

Spirit Wound
Large Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
--------
--------
--------
--------

Nope it must have 3 notables and 2 of them you are gonna use should be left and right, you have to try it on pob to check that
Thank you @tufferugli & Fealwen

Do you happen to know if the base jewel is the issue here (i.e. should I buy a jewel that is already rolled this way, or can I keep chaos spamming this jewel until I hit the right arrangement of nodes)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info