[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Regarding cluster jewels
"so we want a large cluster jewel with 8 passive nodes and 3 notables, but we are just taking 2 of those. why?"

the 8 passive nodes part should be fairly obvious (less passive points spent to get what we are interested in), the notable bunber part is very easy to understand as soon as you know how cluster jewel works.

large cluster jewels can roll with 1, 2 or 3 notable nodes added, but they aren't added randomly: there's a pattern.

now that we know that this is the pattern we can observe that the 3 notable pattern is the most efficient (point-wise) one.

the 1 notable variant gives us 2 jewel sockets and 1 notable for 7 points
the 2 notable variant gives us 2 jewel sockets and 2 notables for 7 points
the 3 notable variant gives us 2 jewel sockets and 2 notables for 5 points (we can just ignore the third notable)

now is clear why we want a 3notable cluster, but how can we know that the 2 notables that we want are in the right spots?

well, the notables aren't placed randomly, every combo of 3 notables has its pattern

for example, a cluster with
  • Doryani's Lesson
  • Scintillating Idea
  • Snowstorm

will have ALWAYS the Doryani's Lesson and Scintillating Idea on the right spots and Snowstorm in the "bad" spot

a cluster with
  • Doryani's Lesson
  • Scintillating Idea
  • Sadist

has ALWAYS the Doryani's Lesson in the "bad" spot

So now it's just a matter of identifying the 2 notables that we want and then found a third "waste" notable that makes them appear in the right spots.

You can do it in pob by testing the combo that you like.

I did it for Doryani's Lesson and Scintillating Idea (%mana, light pen), here's the trade link.

This should return every jewel with
  • Doryani's Lesson
  • Scintillating Idea
  • Waste mod to make them in the right spots

(this should be 100% correct, but please check in pob to be sure before spending a lot of divs 😅)
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 23, 2024, 6:14:43 PM
btw, I've added a FAQ section to start gathering all the important info scattered around the thread in one place.

Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 23, 2024, 6:16:20 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
here's the trade link.

There is also a visual trick you can use on the trade site to 100% assure the two nodes you want are in the right spots.

Look at your trade link and scroll down to the first item

Look at the three nodes (in the full description field at the bottom of the listing, not in the middle).

The nodes are always placed in a certain order on an 8 passive 3 node cluster.

The top and bottom descriptions are ALWAYS the outside nodes and the description in the middle is ALWAYS the node in the middle of the cluster.

I stress it is the descritpion field at the bottom, NOT where they only list the name of the node.

If you look at your trade link, you will see that every single one shows the two nodes we want on top and bottom and the one we don't want is in the middle (in the description field at the bottom)

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 23, 2024, 6:20:01 PM
uh!
that’s nice to know!
Hi there! Here is my current build: https://pobb.in/le6jnIbUl_A-

I'm, looking to transition into the crit variant of this and was just wondering how you recommend I go about doing that. I have about 200d budget. Thanks!
"
"
Tenchuu wrote:
I think it works perfectly with a HH as well, of course you will need to go for some more resist on your other pieces instead.

My current Version:

https://pobb.in/0Z0MXCp_TbaP

Honestly I feel no need for HH or Mageblood right now.

I am still lacking the "real" god tier items / rolls, but if you see any major flaw or some ideas to improve, let me know :)

your build looks great! How are you enjoying the Oriaths End flask for clearing?

I love the chest! Wonderful double corrupt.

You can probably consider moving to the large cluster setup now if that interests you.

Thanks! It feels great with Oriath's End Flask. As you know we got plenty of increased AoE which also affects the Oriath's Explosions. Especially mechanics like Legion are funny as, depending on mob density, several screen wide explosions happens and everything dies :)

I just checked out the "Large Cluster Setup", altough I already moved the Ele Weakness from Wand to Ring, it looks very promising, but I will need some extra Intelligence for the Switch (missing 10 for now) - Maybe with one of the Jewel Sockets, will see :)
First round about estimation I would go to ~940m EHP and 266m FDPS with it.
"

I'm, looking to transition into the crit variant of this and was just wondering how you recommend I go about doing that. I have about 200d budget. Thanks!

It looks like your build is Spell Suppressed based. Our build is block based. We don't use any spell suppression.

In my comments below, I am going to assume you want to convert to both crit and block since that is the focus here,

1) Get Kitava Thirst helmet with Power Charge Corruption

2) You already have mageblood so get a diamond flask as a base, and on one of your flasks gets 55% Crit Strike Chance.

3) Change your tree to match the guide in the first post (you can use the Large cluster version)

4) Change your amulet anoint to Infused for another power charge.

5) You will probably need to change your armor to cloak of defiance so that you can get MOM for free and use the pathing recommended in the first post.

6) Start changing out your rares for the builds recommended uniques and convert to curse based using Anathema

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 23, 2024, 8:20:05 PM
Thanks for the clarification regarding the cluster jewels. Helps simplify things a lot.

Anyone have any tips for how to roll this jewel? I could just buy one from that trade link, but I already spammed over 600 chaos on that jewel I linked earlier (didn't get a single triple roll with doryani's btw).
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification regarding the cluster jewels. Helps simplify things a lot.

Anyone have any tips for how to roll this jewel? I could just buy one from that trade link, but I already spammed over 600 chaos on that jewel I linked earlier (didn't get a single triple roll with doryani's btw).

just buy one, chaos spamming isn’t the way 😅
"
"

It looks like your build is Spell Suppressed based. Our build is block based. We don't use any spell suppression.

In my comments below, I am going to assume you want to convert to both crit and block since that is the focus here,

1) Get Kitava Thirst helmet with Power Charge Corruption

2) You already have mageblood so get a diamond flask as a base, and on one of your flasks gets 55% Crit Strike Chance.

3) Change your tree to match the guide in the first post (you can use the Large cluster version)

4) Change your amulet anoint to Infused for another power charge.

5) You will probably need to change your armor to cloak of defiance so that you can get MOM for free and use the pathing recommended in the first post.

6) Start changing out your rares for the builds recommended uniques and convert to curse based using Anathema

Awesome thanks! And I'm guessing switching to svalinn is assumed right?
Last edited by luissuarezbytes on Aug 23, 2024, 8:57:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info