[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Martingale7 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I'm not terribly familiar with POB as I play exclusively on the steam deck, but I'm willing to learn. Do you think I'm on the right track with my wand trade filter, or would I perhaps be better off enchanting the wand myself? Sorry for creating any unnecessary confusion here, it's just not clear to me what I'm supposed to prioritize in the weapon (unlike previous builds I've played, where I'm simply inputting a particular pDPS value and buying the highest one possible).

From our wand we are looking for the most damage possible coupled with as much mana as possible (which also feeds our damage).

So you want to look for high rolls on things like Spell Damage, Crit Multi, Cast Speed, Crit Chance and Mana Regen....things like that. The more of these stats you see on a wand and the higher the numbers on those stats the better.

This is where POB comes in handy because it is really hard to do all that math by yourself since it is far more complicated that just buying the highest pDPS weapon you can find.
"
"
Madara1337 wrote:
Hi
any advice for me?
I will change my ring to one with reduced mana cost, but I don't know what can I upgrade next.
Thanks for guide, this build is nice

Hello,. Please post your POB and we can take a look to see if we have any advice for you.

https://pobb.in/iowjsmaVuv-1
"

So in general the reason for the cost of the enchant has nothing to do with the random effects and has everything to do with the core effects of 35% increases to damage, movement speed, cast speed and attack speed.

There is no other enchant in the game that comes close to matching those 4 combined stats.

Ohhh i see, i thought the 4 stats were just another one of the "special buffs" and not on by default once the possession kicks in. Then i can fully understand why the enchant is bis. Thanks for the heads up.
"
wdragonbsk wrote:
Good day. Made changes according to AndyLovesHisBge's advice. Well, it looks like this if I set up PoB correctly.
What do you think?

https://pobb.in/AjOYxCnBi9Rk

Maybe look for some Tailwind boots. The Quartz Flask is more for testing purposes, haha
One socket is free. I think what to put - maybe the spread of curses through the brand. Or put temporal chains.

dude this look phenomenal! Congrats.

Curse immune, stun immune, ailment immune, a TON of movement speed...this must feel very comfortable to play I bet! Let me know how it plays, as this is exactly what I am grinding towards.

You are correct to experiment with the 4th flask. There are many choices and I can't see one that jumps out at me as being significantly better than another so it may be personal choice.

How does it feel with no life flask? And what are you planning for your last 3 tree points?

If I am not mistaken you look like you have an empty socket in your arcanist brand set up. Stick something in there, it will come for free no matter what you choose.

With your movement speed, I would not specifically prioritize Tailwind but if you can get, it would be nice! Your next upgrades can be related to gem levels I think. Get a level 21/20 Ice Nova, and a +1 to gems corrupted Cloak of Defiance , level 21/20 gems where appropriate (this is all min max type stuff, you don't need to do if you don't want to).

I am trying to figure out how to get you chaos res capped, just for prettiness sake :) Maybe the easiest would be to look for a new large cluster with 5% chaos res on the small nodes.

Anyways, keep us updated. Great looking build!

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 20, 2024, 12:56:58 PM
"
SendoTakeshi wrote:
"

So in general the reason for the cost of the enchant has nothing to do with the random effects and has everything to do with the core effects of 35% increases to damage, movement speed, cast speed and attack speed.

There is no other enchant in the game that comes close to matching those 4 combined stats.

Ohhh i see, i thought the 4 stats were just another one of the "special buffs" and not on by default once the possession kicks in. Then i can fully understand why the enchant is bis. Thanks for the heads up.

Let me make it more clear for others in case they are interested in the enchant.

When you enter an area that has monsters, you will see the buff icon appear on the screen an the top with your other buff icons. It takes about 10 seconds for your character to become tormented.

After about 10 seconds, you will see your characters appearance change (it gets the Tormented "look")

At that point, as long as you stay in the area, you will have FULL TIME, the 35% increases to the stats I mentioned above (cast speed, attack speed, damage and movement speed). These increases never disappear unless you leave the area.

On top of those constant stats, you will then receive one more purely random effect from a pool of effects. There is no way to predict which random effect is coming.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 20, 2024, 12:30:26 PM
Would mageblood enhance this build? If so in what way?
"
Madara1337 wrote:
"
"
Madara1337 wrote:
Hi
any advice for me?
I will change my ring to one with reduced mana cost, but I don't know what can I upgrade next.
Thanks for guide, this build is nice

Hello,. Please post your POB and we can take a look to see if we have any advice for you.

https://pobb.in/iowjsmaVuv-1

Thank you for posting your POB. Here are some comments to consider

* On your gloves, I would change the shock prolif implicit. We don't need that with our AOE and ability to apply shock constantly. Instead put "Chance to Unnerve on hit". This will give you a large damage increase.

* Put Quality on your Automation gem. It will give you higher uptime on Arcane Cloak

* Put quality on Sigil of Power. It will give you another layer of defense

Looks good overall! Keep leveling and improving your gems to 21/20 when you can.
"
TheGreatLee wrote:
Would mageblood enhance this build? If so in what way?

yes, Mageblood should be the final version goal (along with the large cluster and GG weapon enchant) if you have the money.

With Mageblood (and large cluster) this is what I am planning to add:

Curse Immunity, Stun Immunity, Ailment Immunity, Chaos Res capped, Corrupted Blood Immunity.

108% increased movement speed (compared to what I have now)
23% increased cast speed (compared to what I have now)
78% increased damage (from the flask base alone)
109% increased critical strike chance (compared to what I have now and includes accounting for Zealotry removed)

Finally get to dump the Brine King and add in Lunaris for more defense

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 20, 2024, 12:48:10 PM
So...

quicksilver
amethyst
corundum
and sulphur flask?
"
TheGreatLee wrote:
So...

quicksilver
amethyst
corundum
and sulphur flask?

This is my plan (the sulphur base can be changed to anything else you might want)

Base Flask:

Diamond - Crit Chance
Silver - Onslaught
Quicksilver - Movement speed
Sulphur - Damage

Suffixes on flask:
Movement speed
Crit Chance
Stun Avoidance
Reduced effect of curses

Report Forum Post

Report Account: