[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Achilles213 wrote:
I was doing harbi + beyond + deli + red altar. I felt like a god, nothing could touch me. For some reason I have started dying almost instantly. Idk what's going on. Could you check POB and let me know what to improve and what make sense to scale next?

https://pobb.in/wk8UxiREYE4Y

Also I would really like to safely remove purity of elements, but idk how, any tips fellow exiles? :)

hmm, this is a tricky one since I am unsure what recent changes you may have made that could be causing you to die all of a sudden.

So take these suggestions with a grain of salt as you read through them. They are not meant to be telling you exactly what to change, more offered as a start of a discussion :)

* Your build looks quite a bit different in that you appear to be self casting Frostbolt......? One of the cornerstones of using Kitava's Thirst was to take the burden off of self casting Frostbolt.

* You are playing with out a life flask which could be very dangerous when you don't have the mageblood level defenses in place yet.

* I personally do not like the jade flask. This build is designed around wanting to get hit, so that we can block so that we can trigger our shield skills as often as possible. Evade could lead to problems where you stop triggering the shield skills in dangerous places and then when evade and block fail, you could be open to quick deaths

* The most dangerous ailment to us is (ironically) shock. I would recommend getting shock mitigation either on flask or via pantheon if possible

* I would think about changing the implicit on the gloves. Spell Suppression does extremely little for us in this build as the %chance to suppress is too low to be considered a valid layered of defense. As such I would change the Spell Suppress Explicit on your gloves to be "Lightning Exposure on hit" and then replace Wave of Conviction with Conductivity

* You are the first person I have seen having to use Clarity in this build. Is this because you have not yet socketed Unnatural Instinct?

* A 21/20 Increased Critical Strike Damage is going to be better than a level 5 Awakened Lightning Pen for DPS

* As for replacing Purity of Elements, you would have to rethink a couple of your rares as you have to rebalance all the ele resists again and you would lose the ailment immunity.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 20, 2024, 5:46:36 PM
"
SendoTakeshi wrote:
I was wondering if the vaal version of ice nova could benefit us, since we dont use any other vaal skill.

anybody already tried it? since a 20/20 gem is quite cheap maybe it could bring us a small dps increase if we dont wanna invest into a 21/20?

I've been trying vaal ice nova, but it's not very good... half of the links we use for ice nova (spell echo, inspiration, intensify) are completely useless for the vaal counterpart.

it's fun for opening legion, but that's all.

if you want to go for a 21/20, go for archmage
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Anyone care to estimate how this build might fare on a ~80 div budget?

I had the time to make a full price breakdown of the base version.
That version is based on the gear I had at the time and that you can see in action in the simulacrum video

price breakdown

//price breakdown of BASE VERSION
/EQUIP ~20div
crit wand - starting from 2div
svalinn (14 spell block) - 1.5div
kitava (+1 pCharge) - 5div
cloak 6L - 2div
gloves (chaos res) - 3div
boots (dex) - 2div
ring - 1div
anathema - 45c
atziri's foible - 20c
belt - 3div

/FLASKS 10div
bottled faith (mid roll) - 8.5div
rumi (perfect roll) - 1.5div

/JEWELS ~13div
unnatural instinct - 1.3div
the light of meaning (+ lightning damage) - 6.4div
the red nightmare - 2.6div
militant faith (reduced cost/mana regen) - 2div
abyssal - 1div

/RUNES - 1div 64c
44 sun - 20c
44 bound - 44c
44 river - 1div

/OILS - 60c
1 crimson - 2c
2 silver - 58c

/TATTOOS - 120c
5 tattoo of ngamahu firewalker - 50c
1 tattoo of the valako shieldbreaker - 70c

/TOTAL ~45div

Keep in mind that:
1) a lot of things can be cheaper. for example non corrupted kitava costs around 3c, if you remove chaos res the gloves became basically free etc. you don't need every mod right away.
2) you don't even need every item right away. the light of meaning and bottled faith give a lot of damage, but aren't required to make the build work

this is awesome!

I would put this in its own section in the build guide and put an enormous disclaimer in bold type at the beginning of the section stating the prices are as of today's date :)
"
"
Achilles213 wrote:
I was doing harbi + beyond + deli + red altar. I felt like a god, nothing could touch me. For some reason I have started dying almost instantly. Idk what's going on. Could you check POB and let me know what to improve and what make sense to scale next?

https://pobb.in/wk8UxiREYE4Y

Also I would really like to safely remove purity of elements, but idk how, any tips fellow exiles? :)

hmm, this is a tricky one since I am unsure what recent changes you may have made that could be causing you to die all of a sudden.

So take these suggestions with a grain of salt as you read through them. They are not meant to be telling you exactly what to change, more offered as a start of a discussion :)

* Your build looks quite a bit different in that you appear to be self casting Frostbolt......? One of the cornerstones of using Kitava's Thirst was to take the burden off of self casting Frostbolt.

* You are playing with out a life flask which could be very dangerous when you don't have the mageblood level defenses in place yet.

* I personally do not like the jade flask. This build is designed around wanting to get hit, so that we can block so that we can trigger our shield skills as often as possible. Evade could lead to problems where you stop triggering the shield skills in dangerous places and then when evade and block fail, you could be open to quick deaths

* The most dangerous ailment to us is (ironically) shock. I would recommend getting shock mitigation either on flask or via pantheon if possible

* I would think about changing the implicit on the gloves. Spell Suppression does extremely little for us in this build as the %chance to suppress is too low to be considered a valid layered of defense. As such I would change the Spell Suppress Explicit on your gloves to be "Lightning Exposure on hit" and then replace Wave of Conviction with Conductivity

* You are the first person I have seen having to use Clarity in this build. Is this because you have not yet socketed Unnatural Instinct?

* A 21/20 Increased Critical Strike Damage is going to be better than a level 5 Awakened Lightning Pen for DPS

Thank you so much for reply! I'm applying all of the changes you suggested ;) Regarding change - idk actually. Maybe nothing changed and im just very unlucky with latest juicy encounters :)

Regarding Frostbolt - I played kitava Frostbolt last league, this league I decided to put curses there. Sometimes two buttons are clunky, but I feel similar clunkiness during kitava frostbolt sometimes :)

I will swap Jade with Lifeflask and give it a go, usually if I die it is instant, so I can't even apply it :D

Got it, so once I drop purity of elements, I will invest into shock immunity :)

Gloves - on it!

Initially I was following Ziza / Goratha / Palsteron build, they use Clarity-Arrogance for WatcherEye.
Unnatural instict I want to wear once I get my hands on The Light of Meaning :)

Crit gam - didnt know that, thank you!
"
Achilles213 wrote:
Thank you so much for reply! I'm applying all of the changes you suggested ;) Regarding change - idk actually. Maybe nothing changed and im just very unlucky with latest juicy encounters :)

it happens...
i think that people nowaday realize it less (because they just check maps with regex), but some mod combo are super deadly (-max res, ele weakness and extra phys as element for example).
altars tends to become rippy ultra fast.

"
Achilles213 wrote:

Initially I was following Ziza / Goratha / Palsteron build, they use Clarity-Arrogance for WatcherEye.
Unnatural instict I want to wear once I get my hands on The Light of Meaning :)

i used to run clarity as well before switching to block.
this is because without cloak, atziri's foible and the reduced cost from militant faith i was a little bit on the short side of mana regen
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 20, 2024, 6:03:54 PM
"
wdragonbsk wrote:

It's been a couple of days without a flask. Her absence is not felt at all. With instant life leech, everything is replenished perfectly.
I haven’t looked at the extra 3 points in the passive skill tree yet, I’m not sure I’ll take level 100. But I thought about it. For example, a small cluster for a damage block. Then you can replace Jewel from block to crit damage. Or sublime vision with additional maximum resistances for the aura. Maybe a medium crit cluster with a double damage node. It's difficult.
If I test the replacement of resistances on gloves and boots, add tailwind to boots, resistance to chaos on gloves. Again, suppress. Still, with the aura of elemental purity, this is more of a defensive version than damage infliction.
You can look for a shield with a corrupt version for less damage from critical hits on the character, or a chance to block, which will also free up nodes in the passive skill tree.
By the way, how do you like the option of +1 power charge on a synthesized ring? There will be 9 power charges.
In general, there is room for maneuver, everything rests on the currency for the experiment.

lots of good info.

I absolutely love the shield corrupt. It is expensive but I may go for it after I get Mageblood up and running.

The +1 ring would be very nice, especially considering the rare ring implicits you have now are not helping the build at all, as you don't need the resists. I think the +1 Power synth ring is very expensive. You are probably looking at another 200 divines or more for good stats with that implicit.
"
tufferugli wrote:

it happens...
i think that people nowaday realize it less (because they just check maps with regex), but some mod combo are super deadly (-max res, ele weakness and extra phys as element for example).
altars tends to become rippy ultra fast.

Kk I was wrong, clunkiness with frostbolt Kitava was back when I was transitioning to this helmet so cast speed was low. I forgot how comfy it was to use one button in the last league haha.

I updated everything as you said. What do you recommend instead of Clarity-Arrogance? I have this spot free :)

Pantheon 60% shock set, but I still have purity of elements for some time, until I upgrade eq for more res.

I'm not sure if life flask will work for me, so far I'm constantly forgetting about clicking it :) Probably will invest in some different one diamond / or try to use ele one until eq upgrade to drop purity of elements

https://pobb.in/NuBiZiSnmf2V

PS: Now I think that this random deaths could be becasue I had button delays Ice -> Frostbolt -> ice. Lack of insta leech quickly were killing me
Last edited by Achilles213 on Aug 20, 2024, 6:57:03 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Anyone care to estimate how this build might fare on a ~80 div budget?

I had the time to make a full price breakdown of the base version.
That version is based on the gear I had at the time and that you can see in action in the simulacrum video

price breakdown

//price breakdown of BASE VERSION
/EQUIP ~20div
crit wand - starting from 2div
svalinn (14 spell block) - 1.5div
kitava (+1 pCharge) - 5div
cloak 6L - 2div
gloves (chaos res) - 3div
boots (dex) - 2div
ring - 1div
anathema - 45c
atziri's foible - 20c
belt - 3div

/FLASKS 10div
bottled faith (mid roll) - 8.5div
rumi (perfect roll) - 1.5div

/JEWELS ~13div
unnatural instinct - 1.3div
the light of meaning (+ lightning damage) - 6.4div
the red nightmare - 2.6div
militant faith (reduced cost/mana regen) - 2div
abyssal - 1div

/RUNES - 1div 64c
44 sun - 20c
44 bound - 44c
44 river - 1div

/OILS - 60c
1 crimson - 2c
2 silver - 58c

/TATTOOS - 120c
5 tattoo of ngamahu firewalker - 50c
1 tattoo of the valako shieldbreaker - 70c

/TOTAL ~45div

Keep in mind that:
1) a lot of things can be cheaper. for example non corrupted kitava costs around 3c, if you remove chaos res the gloves became basically free etc. you don't need every mod right away.
2) you don't even need every item right away. the light of meaning and bottled faith give a lot of damage, but aren't required to make the build work

Thank you!
Guys, i have a question, why sometimes i cant keep my mana? like when i do altar or other my mana always depleted...

can you tell me whats wrong?

this is my POB https://pobb.in/6QqWDJFHEwv8

Also, if you guys can recommend me any upgrade, it would be awesome..

Thank you
"
Guys, i have a question, why sometimes i cant keep my mana? like when i do altar or other my mana always depleted...

can you tell me whats wrong?

this is my POB https://pobb.in/6QqWDJFHEwv8

Also, if you guys can recommend me any upgrade, it would be awesome..

Thank you

* For mana, I have three comments

1) I would try removing "10% reduced cost of skills" mastery and replace it with "10% chance to recover 10% of mana when you use a skill". We spam Ice Nova, so that should help you recover mana quicker.

2) Obviously make sure you never run a "no regen" map mod

3) If you are still struggling, you might want to consider changing your amulet anoint to Minddrinker. You will lose a little bit of DPS, but gain EHP and Mana recovery on kill

From here on will just be random general comments about your build that you can consider.

* Go around to all your rares and use Blessed orbs to increase your implicits. For example, you are missing an easy and cheap 8% chaos res on your rare ring implicit.

* You have a problem with your flasks, specifically the Diamond Flask and Amethyst Flask. Both of these Flasks have the same suffix of Increased Crit Strike Chance. This does not work in POE. The exact same suffixes on flasks do not stack so you are effectively wasting an entire suffix. Change the Diamond flask's to something else you need/want

* A ton of your gems are missing quality. Add quality to the appropriate gems. There are some effects of the gems that only wake up based on quality

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 20, 2024, 9:56:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info