[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Martingale7 wrote:
Anyone care to estimate how this build might fare on a ~80 div budget? If I can sell the gear from my league starter, I should be looking at more like ~110 div to work with, but I'm going to assume the worst case scenario for now.

My goal is to be able to clear t17s comfortably and kill all of the endgame bosses.

I'm also having a bit of trouble determining how much I should be paying for a wand (and also how I might go about prioritizing the stats). Without the elemental weakness on hit enchant, well rolled wands seem to be pretty cheap, whereas pretty poorly rolled wants with the enchant are expensive. Is it better to buy a want and enchant it myself? I'm not familiar with the new league crafting mechanics.

For reference, this is the wand trade filter I used:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/Wj3gkrmCm

I can't really tell the difference between the wand listed for 5 div and those for 20+.

The Enchant is really OP but the only way to know for sure which wand is better is to copy the wand you may want to buy into POB and compare it to other ones you want to buy.

Then you look at stat improvements for each wand and decide how much you want to pay for said improvements.

Note that POB does not yet support the Haunted Spirits enchant yet so for any wand you put into POB that has that enchant, make sure you add this to the custom config window:

#Weapon Enchantment Mods
35% Increased Movement Speed
35% Increased Cast Speed
35% Increased Damage

80-100d will get you a very nice version of the build, not including the hugely expensive specialty items.

i’ll try to make a cost breakdown of the build tonight, but 80-100 div will basically allow you do buy everything listed in the guide except an haunted wand.

with that budget you can do everything in the game
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 20, 2024, 8:58:11 AM
Good day. Made changes according to AndyLovesHisBge's advice. Well, it looks like this if I set up PoB correctly.
What do you think?

https://pobb.in/AjOYxCnBi9Rk

Maybe look for some Tailwind boots. The Quartz Flask is more for testing purposes, haha
One socket is free. I think what to put - maybe the spread of curses through the brand. Or put temporal chains.
Last edited by wdragonbsk on Aug 20, 2024, 10:15:00 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I'm not terribly familiar with POB as I play exclusively on the steam deck, but I'm willing to learn. Do you think I'm on the right track with my wand trade filter, or would I perhaps be better off enchanting the wand myself? Sorry for creating any unnecessary confusion here, it's just not clear to me what I'm supposed to prioritize in the weapon (unlike previous builds I've played, where I'm simply inputting a particular pDPS value and buying the highest one possible).
Last edited by Martingale7 on Aug 20, 2024, 10:29:00 AM
Hi
any advice for me?
I will change my ring to one with reduced mana cost, but I don't know what can I upgrade next.
Thanks for guide, this build is nice
Is there a reason the sockets on your helmet and boots aren't all linked?
I was lucky enough to scrap together all the divs needed for the torment enchant and was quite eager to test it out. i have run a few maps now and must say....for the price i kinda expected it to have a bigger impact?

At first i thought it was because of the headhunter i was wearing but even with my old belt on, it felt kinda disappointing for the heavy price.

Did someone else have the same experience or was i just unlucky with the buffs by the ghost? Is there any chance we can see what buffs the ghost is currently providing?
"
SendoTakeshi wrote:
I was lucky enough to scrap together all the divs needed for the torment enchant and was quite eager to test it out. i have run a few maps now and must say....for the price i kinda expected it to have a bigger impact?

At first i thought it was because of the headhunter i was wearing but even with my old belt on, it felt kinda disappointing for the heavy price.

Did someone else have the same experience or was i just unlucky with the buffs by the ghost? Is there any chance we can see what buffs the ghost is currently providing?

The Ghost buffs, while fun, are impossible to plan around. Some are completely useless, but entertaining, some have some weird but helpful interactions with the build, some are strong (extra life, extra es, extra speed etc). There are so many and so random, it should not even be a consideration for the buying the enchant outside of some extra entertainment value.

So in general the reason for the cost of the enchant has nothing to do with the random effects and has everything to do with the core effects of 35% increases to damage, movement speed, cast speed and attack speed.

There is no other enchant in the game that comes close to matching those 4 combined stats.
"
Is there a reason the sockets on your helmet and boots aren't all linked?

They do not need to be all linked.

In the helmet, you have to link Frostbolts with GMP/Greater Volley. The other two skills are curses and do not need to be linked to anything.

In the boots you have to link Eternal Blessing to your aura of choice. Frostblink can also be linked to Spell Echo as shown in the guide.

You do not need to 4 link either helmet or boots, just make sure you set up the link correctly for Frostbolts, your aura and Frostblink.
"
Madara1337 wrote:
Hi
any advice for me?
I will change my ring to one with reduced mana cost, but I don't know what can I upgrade next.
Thanks for guide, this build is nice

Hello,. Please post your POB and we can take a look to see if we have any advice for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info