An Update on a Native Path of Exile Client for PlayStation 5

"
MadKurama wrote:
At this Point its Just sad.
U Guys deserve all the hate.

Atleast this League is a 3/10 . So i dont mind playing in the First place 🤡

I'm a newbie to PoE. I started playing it this summer after the hype from Raxx and DM praising it to the skies. I have no gaming PC because I spent 1992-2012 pouring money in that neverending blackhole of a moneypit and after that I been a 100% loyal Playstation gamer.
Anyway, I saw PoE for free on PSN and downloaded it on my PS5. I played around with some different classes to get a feel for classes/builds/and the game in general. I think I have something like 41 hours ingame total. Newbie as I said.

The graphics sucked but the game is/was fun until an error occured in the gameclient and my PS5 almost bricked!! :(
I played my fair share of buggy games but none have almost killed my PS5!!
So after systemreset's and reformatting everything I played other games until I saw the PS5client announcement in this LEAUGE's trailer.
And now it's stuck in limbo because they wont fix what Playstation tells them to fix.
And I can only assume same programmers are resposible for PoE2. It will be a disaster for sure!! I aim to get a PS5 Pro and no way in hell I will install any game from this company on that, imagine if they lock the system up 100?!! No way I gamble with that.
I might keep my old dayone PS5 just for PoE but I'm not sure it's worth it? We will see.
Hopefully they release the PS5 client soon so I can keep track here in the forums if I dare install it on my system... ;)
Edit: During my inital "hype" I bought some supporterpacks. Boy do I regret giving them my hardearned money!!
Last edited by PaladinZeke on Sep 4, 2024, 5:01:08 AM
"
PaladinZeke wrote:
"
MadKurama wrote:
At this Point its Just sad.
U Guys deserve all the hate.

Atleast this League is a 3/10 . So i dont mind playing in the First place 🤡

I'm a newbie to PoE. I started playing it this summer after the hype from Raxx and DM praising it to the skies. I have no gaming PC because I spent 1992-2012 pouring money in that neverending blackhole of a moneypit and after that I been a 100% loyal Playstation gamer.
Anyway, I saw PoE for free on PSN and downloaded it on my PS5. I played around with some different classes to get a feel for classes/builds/and the game in general. I think I have something like 41 hours ingame total. Newbie as I said.

The graphics sucked but the game is/was fun until an error occured in the gameclient and my PS5 almost bricked!! :(
I played my fair share of buggy games but none have almost killed my PS5!!
So after systemreset's and reformatting everything I played other games until I saw the PS5client announcement in this LEAUGE's trailer.
And now it's stuck in limbo because they wont fix what Playstation tells them to fix.
And I can only assume same programmers are resposible for PoE2. It will be a disaster for sure!! I aim to get a PS5 Pro and no way in hell I will install any game from this company on that, imagine if they lock the system up 100?!! No way I gamble with that.
I might keep my old dayone PS5 just for PoE but I'm not sure it's worth it? We will see.
Hopefully they release the PS5 client soon so I can keep track here in the forums if I dare install it on my system... ;)
Edit: During my inital "hype" I bought some supporterpacks. Boy do I regret giving them my hardearned money!!

I'm totally with you! I'm more than 1100 hours in this game and i've never seen such a disaster before. Me too regretting to buy some microtransactions from GGG and i've learnt my lesson, so i'm not going to buy anything from them anymore. I have no expectations concerning POE or POE2 for PS5 anymore, i do not believe they will get POE for PS5 properly running. I think POE2 will be somehow playable after 6 to 12 months after release, but once again, no expectations here as well. Meanwhile i enjoy Daiblo 3 for PS fully, it is a way better than POE and i'm going to buy Diablo 4 as well.
The most curious thing about this is the fact that GGG sits on a hen that makes golden eggs. They just need to collect the rewards! They got this excellent game but manage to not invest enough to make serious ports for PS4 and now PS5. The biggest selling console in the entire world generation after generation. (no offense to other consoles here, don't even try)
But somehow they are so focused on PC when they should have made a parallell PSteam YEARS ago. Just think about how much money they leave on the table by tarnishing their brand like this, with inferior ports.
Even the PS4 should have had crossplay, but no, they decide to make it it's own little pond to play in. Mindblowingly dumb in hindsight.
Hopefully they get the PS5 client to work, solve all problems and add crossplay, anything less than that is missing the mark imho.
GGG really need to step up their consolegame, asap!!
But what I hear is that PC start to drop quality too as of this latest league, maybe GGG are stretching their teams too thin with both PoE and the upcoming Poe2??!
Last edited by PaladinZeke on Sep 5, 2024, 3:23:35 AM
"
PaladinZeke wrote:
The most curious thing about this is the fact that GGG sits on a hen that makes golden eggs. They just need to collect the rewards! They got this excellent game but manage to not invest enough to make serious ports for PS4 and now PS5. The biggest selling console in the entire world generation after generation. (no offense to other consoles here, don't even try)
But somehow they are so focused on PC when they should have made a parallell PSteam YEARS ago. Just think about how much money they leave on the table by tarnishing their brand like this, with inferior ports.
Even the PS4 should have had crossplay, but no, they decide to make it it's own little pond to play in. Mindblowingly dumb in hindsight.
Hopefully they get the PS5 client to work, solve all problems and add crossplay, anything less than that is missing the mark imho.
But what I hear is that PC start to drop quality too as of this latest league, maybe GGG are stretching their teams too thin with both PoE and the upcoming Poe2??!

I never understood people who shout that they want a cross-platform with PC, I would also consider the option with Xbox but not with PC, and then they will shout why it is needed, there are a lot of bots there, I can’t farm anything. Have you ever wondered how many bots there are on the PC, and I’ll also see if during the cross-platform they turn off the console trade and leave it only through the website, I’ll see how the next whiners come out, or do you think if the prices are lower there, it will be easier for you to buy something? This is not logical. If something costs less, then what you sell will also be cheaper and the circle will be closed.
@vsoloed
Oki, ditch the crossplay then, I was thinking more longterm when PoE1 is mostly veterans because the others play PoE2 or whatever, could help with a smaller population on each platform.
But MAIN point is still the same, better and more up to date support for Playstation (and Xbox if anyone actually owns one - most seem to play Gamepass on PC according to posts on forums etc).
GGG should work at an Uberversion of PoE 1+2 for the upcoming PS5 Pro but now they play catch-up on the OG PS5. That's not how it should be to be honest.
Last edited by PaladinZeke on Sep 5, 2024, 10:15:29 AM
"
vsoloed wrote:
"
PaladinZeke wrote:

I never understood people who shout that they want a cross-platform with PC, I would also consider the option with Xbox but not with PC, and then they will shout why it is needed, there are a lot of bots there, I can’t farm anything. Have you ever wondered how many bots there are on the PC, and I’ll also see if during the cross-platform they turn off the console trade and leave it only through the website, I’ll see how the next whiners come out, or do you think if the prices are lower there, it will be easier for you to buy something? This is not logical. If something costs less, then what you sell will also be cheaper and the circle will be closed.

That is not completely true, more Players means also more buyers/sellers. The Market on PC moves faster, stuff you will almost never sell on console, gets bought on PC (Splinters, Riftstones etc.). I always feel Console Players never adjust their prices, insert it Week 1, for a price it should only cost week 5 and quitting week 2 because they don't have currency. Console for me is, semi-SSF, because i need to craft all my gear. On PC, you can buy anything, for a normal Price, and you find stuff in the Market, no one has even seen on Console(crazy synth gear). Sure there are things to still work out, but overall Crossplay or at least cross Market, would make the game far better.
So still silent on the native versions huh. Pathetic smh.
Today in PS store was added POE labeled for PS5, dowloadable:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4781-PPSA21416_00-GGGPS5GAMEFULL01
"
rawvlad wrote:
Today in PS store was added POE labeled for PS5, dowloadable:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4781-PPSA21416_00-GGGPS5GAMEFULL01

Yes let the "betatesting" begin... Call me if it works ;)
Hi all.
While the PS5 native client is close to release it still should not be available. It seems like some users were able to pre-download it early. While it is possible to install it the client won't be able to login.

We'll make a proper announcement with the exact date of release when it will be fully confirmed.
Sorry about the confusion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info