[3.25] Community-crafted Pure Retal Gladiator | Sous-Vide the Atlas

"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
it DOES matter because all weapons have range, if you are not using the attack in place you can see your char running towards distant enemies to fire the skill no mater how much you invest in AoE

but what you said is also true, because the tree only increases range for strike or 2-handed
sadly the game treats AoE attack skills like spells with aoe tag

edit: actually i am not sure about if investing range in tree could make farther activation of retaliation

Noob(800h) here but I spent a few dozen hours in PoB on this topic. I am currently leveling an Eviscerate retal build. Early levels I rushed the Strike node that gives Splash and +1 targets because it's cool. When I started using retals I still had the nodes on. There was no splash, extra targets or range from the node applied to the retal skills.

Also obvious for most but noteworthy for other noobs like me: Retal skills have 100% hit rate/accuracy, no need for Resolute Technique. I was happy when I learned this.

Q for me:
For Bleed, do you go with glad Jagged Technique or the 8-stack keystone? I feel forced to go with 8-stack even though Eviscerate attacks are slow, because I really want the Lucky block reroll ascendancy, which in my mind guarantees an active retal proc.
Last edited by Sarusyan on Jul 30, 2024, 9:57:16 AM
"
Sarusyan wrote:
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
it DOES matter because all weapons have range, if you are not using the attack in place you can see your char running towards distant enemies to fire the skill no mater how much you invest in AoE

but what you said is also true, because the tree only increases range for strike or 2-handed
sadly the game treats AoE attack skills like spells with aoe tag

edit: actually i am not sure about if investing range in tree could make farther activation of retaliation

Noob(800h) here but I spent a few dozen hours in PoB on this topic. I am currently leveling an Eviscerate retal build. Early levels I rushed the Strike node that gives Splash and +1 targets because it's cool. When I started using retals I still had the nodes on. There was no splash, extra targets or range from the node applied to the retal skills.

Also obvious for most but noteworthy for other noobs like me: Retal skills have 100% hit rate/accuracy, no need for Resolute Technique. I was happy when I learned this.

Q for me:
For Bleed, do you go with glad Jagged Technique or the 8-stack keystone? I feel forced to go with 8-stack even though Eviscerate attacks are slow, because I really want the Lucky block reroll ascendancy, which in my mind guarantees an active retal proc.

yeah, the greatest advantage for retal is the "can't evade" built in. which means always 100% accuracy, so it is already one thing less to invest.

i started with impale for big hits + crits, but i will test bleeding or poison (bino's + cospri's will) to see how good retal as a DOT build works this weekend if i can.

let me do some rambling about Dot damage for reworked melee:
Spoiler

i think for pure retaliation, lucky block is non-negotiable if you want jagged technique you should use lacerate of hemorrhage or something as primary skill
you could also invest aggravated bleed with masteries but nobody knows which is the most accessible right now: big stuns? max duration? exerted attacks? crit hits?

-for stun you need a proper stun build or really go for crushing fist to make mobs bleed (GGG also put a "pre-nerf" in crushing fist with 60% less ailment dmg) -> so no crimson dance allowed here

-for ailment duration you can pair with retal mastery + clusters + skill effect duration, but without "ailment deals damage faster" nodes your overall DPS won't be great

-exertion is kinda simple: vengeful cry, ambush skill even...but we add another layer of cooldowns + complexity + socketing demands. it will be really demanding mechanically

-crit hits: probably worthy only with daggers or axes using Perfect Agony, there are some passives and cluster for this

Now, there is another option which is ignoring aggravated bleeding and just investing in faster damage, other non explored support gems...lot of int investment here though, you could still aggravate but leave it to chance

Obviously, another solution is using Forbidden jewels...whenever it becomes cheap, GET THEM

and i finally faced a mob i couldn't kill, inside a 6 mod tier 8 map it was an insane combination of 5 essence mob with lots of regen. still didn't know what i expected >:D
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jul 30, 2024, 12:04:33 PM
I was looking through to see if someone else have the gotten a good build going, but I haven't seen much yet. Here is my build (https://pobb.in/PEzvoSRGU_pt). I know it still have a lot of room for improvements, but I am too lazy to update the items and skill gems since I haven't hit any bottleneck yet (I know I can add in banner, warcry, cluster jewels, and etc). It can do T16, guardians, Maven, and pinnacle bosses pretty easily. Eviscerate is the main source of damage and crushing fist is to use to clear stray mobs that eviscerate missed. If you do want to see a video of the build in action, let me know and I'll figure something out to showcase my current build. I think the dps is around 3.5 mil, but the PoB doesn't calculate tinture I think so it should be more than that.
Last edited by DemoXVX on Jul 31, 2024, 4:06:01 AM
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:

i started with impale for big hits + crits, but i will test bleeding or poison (bino's + cospri's will) to see how good retal as a DOT build works this weekend if i can.

Yeah Impale is what I've come down to use too, but only on Eviscerate, everything else needs 0% impale chance for the impale keystone to really shine on Evi hits.

Can't wait to see your DoT testing. For me, it's either the 8-stack keystone and you get like 2 stacks max 'cuz Evi is slow, or no bleed passives at all and just use the guaranteed eviscerate bleed for the 'blow up when dead' ascendancy.

Here's my shield/eviscerate version. PoB really likes to push weapon-specific nodes as most-dps and I'm not sure if I agree, but the rage from axe is nice, synergises with rage from big retal node and the rage from retal-warcry
https://pobb.in/lU53rMcBBTJG
Don't really have items in it, just wanted to prove the concept
Edited build in the meanwhile for attackspeed axe node instead of crit axe node. While crit is nice, this isn't a crit build (my eviscerate, at least), i'd rather have Onslaught

Also also, PoB doesn't seem to account for Attack Speed nor Retaliation Skill Speed. The attack rate seems to be fixed based on just 1 hit, as it doesn't know you can repeat it since it's chance-based.

Any testing done with attack speed? does it work? is it worth it?

Edit: Tested attack speed in-game with Grace and Frenzy charges, it works. Both the in-game tooltip and the animation get faster between Eviscerate/Fist attacks. So in PoB we actually get a lot more dps than shown because attack speed is not taken into account.
Last edited by Sarusyan on Jul 31, 2024, 7:09:10 AM
there are some people like Goratha trying some bleeding retaliation as main damage, but going for a more safe route

interesting enough, attack speed is very good for crushing fist, having big area and making it fast enough makes this skill the best one for clearing

also, i decided to do bleeding earlier
eviscerate is the mandatory unless i get some gear with high % chance to bleed
so this is skill is the best for leveling with bleeding

as for crimson dance, it may be not be the best idea for retaliation because we need to stack bleeds but the skill is not always available

i will go for a bit of aggravation and more multiplier over time
Was looking at Aggravation options for a bit today, there's the mastery with "attacks aggravate bleeding older than 4 seconds". With 80% extra duration from Retal mastery and 50% duration from the left bleed node next to Call to Arms, we get 11.5 seconds, so we'll have at most 7.5 seconds of aggravate bleed damage. Now I'm not great at math but 210%/s * 7.5s sounds good considering it's just 6 points of investment, compared to aggravate on crit or stun or exerted (which doesn't work with retal skills), thoughts?

"
Sarusyan wrote:
Was looking at Aggravation options for a bit today, there's the mastery with "attacks aggravate bleeding older than 4 seconds". With 80% extra duration from Retal mastery and 50% duration from the left bleed node next to Call to Arms, we get 11.5 seconds, so we'll have at most 7.5 seconds of aggravate bleed damage. Now I'm not great at math but 210%/s * 7.5s sounds good considering it's just 6 points of investment, compared to aggravate on crit or stun or exerted (which doesn't work with retal skills), thoughts?

that's exactly what i am doing right now
Hello guys, i have one question if someone can answer.

I'm following a gladiator retaliation build here is the pob link:

https://pobb.in/z96_Y5D6rubN

Creator says its retaliation glad but says sunder i don't know. Anyways I'm almost at end game and realized this build not using any retaliation skills yet taking retaliation related passive nodes. I'm really confused, I'm new player but i like the build, i think this stuff is new to the game with this league. I have no idea about it, i done some researches and retaliation skills are different and this build does not have them.

Can someone please explain to me i'm really confused. Thank you very much.
"
icytealemon1 wrote:
Hello guys, i have one question if someone can answer.

I'm following a gladiator retaliation build here is the pob link:

https://pobb.in/z96_Y5D6rubN

Creator says its retaliation glad but says sunder i don't know. Anyways I'm almost at end game and realized this build not using any retaliation skills yet taking retaliation related passive nodes. I'm really confused, I'm new player but i like the build, i think this stuff is new to the game with this league. I have no idea about it, i done some researches and retaliation skills are different and this build does not have them.

Can someone please explain to me i'm really confused. Thank you very much.

Was also a bit confused by this but He has multiple POBs linked, one safer with non retaliation and one with retaliation it seems.

Both use similar nodes so that you can switch from the safer one to Retaliate I guess. Either that or one is before going retaliate to level/map and the other is from after swapping
TBF I haven't found something to fill 3 empty sockets with, I'm not fully aware of everything that has been added in the past few leagues so I'm asking for ideas, my current links are:
4L(6L future) Eviscerate
4L Crushing Fist
4L Auras
4L Moveskill + faster attacks + something(rage, culling, idk yet) + blood rage
3L Guard skill + shout + increased duration

remaining 3L is empty atm. Ideas? Berserk? I got decent rage gen. Something to support it with? Or Banner?

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info