[3.25] Community-crafted Pure Retal Gladiator | Sous-Vide the Atlas

Hi, I don't usually use the forum, but for the first league in forever, it seems I have made a somewhat "decent" character.

For now 98/115

https://pobb.in/Q3orUvDVJ4PW

For now it's working, for bosses that don't hit i got the ring that summons enemies.

Last edited by Sourgin on Aug 9, 2024, 4:28:24 AM
Quick mention to whoever is building retal through PoB right now:

PoB currently cannot take into account attack speed, skill speed, or any speed-related mods for Retaliation skills (it does cooldown, but thats a much less important stat when you have resets), so, for retal skills: don't listen to DPS numbers. You can look at the "Average Hit" instead and multiply it in your mind by how many casts of that skill you generally can pull off per second, numbers are a lot bigger in reality.

Last edited by Sarusyan on Aug 9, 2024, 6:01:08 AM
Any notable amulets? Or just rare with whatever good stats you can find?

Looking for something permanent to annoint and forget, excepting the Anvil
"
Sarusyan wrote:
Any notable amulets? Or just rare with whatever good stats you can find?

Looking for something permanent to annoint and forget, excepting the Anvil

anvil, impresence/vuln, aul's/malevolence to pair with Watcher's Eye

but overall a good rare amulet with life + dot multi are better
even talismans can be used if you are lucky

for anoints "no forgiveness" is BIS

this is mine i had pay more because i have to juggle inteligence and resistances
without harvest craft to change resistances my build would be inviable
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Aug 9, 2024, 12:58:18 PM
Hello posting a copy of my reddit post. I think you can incorporate the impale tech on pure retal only bleed as well :)

Good day , I present a transition build that can map easily at low budget up to t 16 and would likely be an excellent ritual and simulacrum farmer at higher investment. Most expensive gear here is the helmet that I bought for 30 c with rest cheap rares from drops, shipments or bought at low price. I didnt even bother fixing my flasks and get final ascendancy just to see if I can pull it off and I did lol.

pob: https://pobb.in/oif2twlOS3fq

I know the best part of glad is the bleed explosions and you can double the fun by spending 1 passive point and equipping one unique gloves. Im talking about interaction with impaler and old ones tentacles. With the keystone allocated the first hit that impales will put 6 impales but wont allow them to get anymore for the next few seconds. So best thing is to smack them with the biggest most badass hit so they can store that 60 % of that damage which can has 50% chance to reflect on death. Hence my rationale for ruthless and the crit passive to generate the biggest most badass smashing fist when the stars align. Doesn't need super high impale chance with high mob density since as long as one gets impaled everyone around the mob does. If they somehow manage to survive the punch then even better since they will bleed and their death can proc both implosion (impale explosion) and bleed explosion. You can easily one shot packs even tanky rares if they are all in close proximity.

Some explanation for choices in skills

Id rather do automation than cwdt set up since Id rather mitigate the first hit that penetrates block rather than a follow up hit which would likely have been blocked and brought me to full anyway. Plus that should be phase run not war banner lol. Free more damage from time to time and I hate blood rage degen

Corrupting blood is there as plan B for enemies with no mobs or dont try to hit you for long periods like stupid orchard boss or shaper when hes shooting his beams. The blood scales with most of our generic phys mods and acts as a supplement to single target damage. The other half of that is bladestorm which we put in chest to replace cruelty as a second 5 link. Bladestorm acts as DPS while retal skill is unavailable. It also serves as bleed aggravator, impale stacks consumer and apples and refreshes corrupting blood since it costs life thanks to blood magic. But again this is a flex slot. so up to you.

Gearing to endgame I leave up to smarter minds than me. Id follow other guides like gorathas retal build or zizarans lalcerate build for endgame gear since this build is a hybrid and can scale off both. Even without the old ones tentacles if you have impale chance from gear it might be worth keeping impaler as a one off since 60% of a retal skill damage for 6 hits extra damage is not too bad for a 1 point investment.

This is a comfy mostly two button build. Bind eviscerate on move since it doesnt hamper movement at all. Smash with fist on a mob , if any survive bladestorm their face till they die lol. For bosses its a bit more involved. During the end of their speech activate corrupted blood and tincture. Curse them once targetable and fish for a block. Then punch, eviscerate and bladestorm their face. Dodge mechs during immune phases then repeat cycle

(Note)- This is easy mapping but not easy bossing. You need to learn mechanics since dps is not high enough to phase them. You wont die to any blockable attacks but exarch balls and eater beams etc will kill

Thanks for your time. Kindly provide feedback and corrections I might have misunderstood how things work lol.

(edit) Can I also ask If an enemy has aggravated bleeding and is pushed back from lions roar effect do the get more damaged? thanks
Made a chaos version of Crushing fist glad. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3548959

I tried using Crushing fist only in the beginning when lvling, but it just wasn't worth it. Needed something to help with clear and charge/rage generation (static strike).

I was thinking of going phys crit impale at first, but the memester in me always takes over and took me in a different direction.

I'm interested in seeing what you guys come up with for the phys version.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Aug 9, 2024, 8:54:36 PM
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
Made a chaos version of Crushing fist glad. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3548959

I tried using Crushing fist only in the beginning when lvling, but it just wasn't worth it. Needed something to help with clear and charge/rage generation (static strike).

I was thinking of going phys crit impale at first, but the memester in me always takes over and took me in a different direction.

I'm interested in seeing what you guys come up with for the phys version.

Using only 1 retaliation skill feels like shit, minimum 2, so u can spam them like there is no tomorrow. Just gotta get those key press count up.

The damage of crushing fist is good, but u have to account that if u put in points on Retaliation speed, it also affects the Divine retribution cast speed.

It will be a good clear if u slot it in.
Last edited by Sourgin on Aug 10, 2024, 7:39:26 AM
Changed the Title and put some text for my variation of the build
i think it is needed because now other retaliation builds are popping up in the forums and i don't want to confuse others

i moved the original post to the 2nd.
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Aug 10, 2024, 10:14:42 AM
"
Sourgin wrote:

Using only 1 retaliation skill feels like shit, minimum 2, so u can spam them like there is no tomorrow. Just gotta get those key press count up.

The damage of crushing fist is good, but u have to account that if u put in points on Retaliation speed, it also affects the Divine retribution cast speed.

Pretty much. The only other retal skill i can use is Divine Retribution cause I have a staff equipped. Divine retribution, imo, would require a different scaling (spells), and I wasn't specced for it.

I'm thinking of making a Sword Storm/Eviscerate Glad. Sword storm for single and Eviscerate for clear. No bleed.

Not sure when I'll get to it cause I kinda wanna try chieftain slam ignite, but I'll see. Crushing fist glad turned out much better than I expected and made me curious about an only retaliation glad build.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Aug 10, 2024, 12:03:24 PM
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
"
Sourgin wrote:

Pretty much. The only other retal skill i can use is Divine Retribution cause I have a staff equipped. Divine retribution, imo, would require a different scaling (spells), and I wasn't specced for it.

I'm thinking of making a Sword Storm/Eviscerate Glad. Sword storm for single and Eviscerate for clear. No bleed.

Not sure when I'll get to it cause I kinda wanna try chieftain slam ignite, but I'll see. Crushing fist glad turned out much better than I expected and made me curious about an only retaliation glad build.

this was my original idea when i started the league
eviscerate for clear and swordstorm for bossing
but there is a problem with passives, if you put too much on crit+impales, the bleed damage is very low
otherwise, bleeding has a problem with dishing quick damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info