reflect is something passively doing damage
retaliation needs you to push a button to dish out damage

with retaliation we are not scaling off damage taken

if anyone else is still confused look up molten shell
you can say that retaliation skills are the opposite of guard skills
totally different mechanics

from wiki:

"
Reflected damage: Because Molten Shell deals reflected damage, it is unaffected by damage modifiers, cannot crit, penetrate resistances, or apply ailments or other on-hit effects. Its damage cannot be reflected again.

so, remember this: retaliation is a new skill archetype while reflected damage is a damage type.
there is no prohibition of a retaliation skill to get a reflected damage modifier...
and finally, reflected damage is very limited in scaling
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jul 21, 2024, 2:09:19 PM
When we have more info and POB updated will you be making a POB before hands to share as this build sounds really fun :)
"
DSDTibbles wrote:
When we have more info and POB updated will you be making a POB before hands to share as this build sounds really fun :)

only the dorsal spine of it, probably going for versatile combatant but never glancing blows
i still don't know how much of cooldown mitigation i need or how far up the marauder area i need to go

Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jul 21, 2024, 3:16:12 PM
Not gonna lie, having the option to finally play full-retal build in PoE is something I'm very interested in ;) Will follow to hopefully see some pob before league start (I am super bad at making my own trees:D)
"

Really interested in this build and love the new SwordStorm Gem do you think it's possible to have SwordStorm & Eviscerate at the same time? or could they possible counter each other with the cooldown?

The node 'Prepared response' seems to allow the use of two retal skills at the ''same'' time being one after the other, so I don't think the cooldown is shared by retal skills.
"
11-Hateful Accuser -> using penance mark to create a blocking-retaliating loop for long boss encounters (new hidden tech?) i call dibs for this discovery

this is a tech that i tried with The Fulcrum during affliction on a self ignite i felt the spawn rate was rather low hope they have fixed it in the rings.
"
esbenthedane wrote:
"

Really interested in this build and love the new SwordStorm Gem do you think it's possible to have SwordStorm & Eviscerate at the same time? or could they possible counter each other with the cooldown?

The node 'Prepared response' seems to allow the use of two retal skills at the ''same'' time being one after the other, so I don't think the cooldown is shared by retal skills.

i have been thinking about this...we need to wait until the league launches to be sure
since one needs DW and the other Shield, it seem like even if the gems are socketed outside the weapons for swapping, the skills will be "blacked out" with the [Skill can't be used] alert
the point is: can a blacked out skill gains this "usable state" for us to simply swap weapons and use it?

another brazen but more feasible idea is to have the same skill in different gear, just like bow builds do with LA, RoA etc
heck, i can even imagine a wormblaster build from this, just need to figure out triggers
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jul 22, 2024, 10:35:35 AM
"
i have been thinking about this...we need to wait until the league launches to be sure
since one needs DW and the other Shield, it seem like even if the gems are socketed outside the weapons for swapping, the skills will be "blacked out" with the [Skill can't be used] alert
the point is: can a blacked out skill gains this "usable state" for us to simply swap weapons and use it?

I'd assume it wouldn't work based off of previous interactions with weapon swapping (example would be something like a weapon swap with vaal skill doesn't get souls while not immediately equipped)

however, another idea would maybe be to stack ele dmg and do divine judgement ontop of swordstorm or go warden (idk if block cap would be feasible ?) but that would negate the lucky block chance and overall easily accessable retal nodes for the dualist

might look into the possibility of doing full bleed eviscerate with maybe cyclone as easy movement around maps n so on
"
Grimstone wrote:
"
11-Hateful Accuser -> using penance mark to create a blocking-retaliating loop for long boss encounters (new hidden tech?) i call dibs for this discovery

this is a tech that i tried with The Fulcrum during affliction on a self ignite i felt the spawn rate was rather low hope they have fixed it in the rings.

interesting
i saw someone trying with CWS setup but no fulcrum
we can only hope that the gladiator node for the extra retaliation can compensate for this
as long as the damage is high i believe the build won't need the ring

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info