Content Update 3.25.0 -- Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur

LO GINNNN
R.I.P MF 2013-2024
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
Ascendant
"Gain 50% Base Chance to Block from Equipped Shield instead of the Shield's value",
"Inherent Bonuses from Dual Wielding are doubled"

Aren’t these two points mutually exclusive?
"
The maximum random Quality from Tainted Armourer's Scraps and Tainted Blacksmith's Whetstones is now 20% (previously 29%).

Tainted Armourer's Scraps and Tainted Blacksmith's Whetstones are now rarer relative to other Tainted currencies.

is this a joke?

Lmao right? I cannot believe out of all things that got nerfed, they decided to make it so you cannot get 29% on a corrupted item. Really GGG, you are are trailblazers how to crap on things that shouldn't be touched, whilst simultaneously ignoring the things that should be.
Last edited by Thatsnasty on Jul 20, 2024, 8:56:29 AM
Yes, it sounds like you either get 50% block with a shield, or the now buffed 20% block and 10% more attack speed gets doubled to 40/20 when dual wielding.

This is actually one of the few things that makes me want to play a gladiator, that, and no reason to play jugg when they ruined their ele reduction and placed it on endurance charges, for some godawful reason.
"
Thatsnasty wrote:

no reason to play jugg when they ruined their ele reduction and placed it on endurance charges, for some godawful reason.

With 8 endurance charges jugg now gets 40% ele reduction. Previously it was 8% reduction plus 15% of armour works for ele. On top of that there are the new max res nodes on the tree AND max res on jewels.Not sure how that shakes out exactly in the end but i fail to see how this is a nerf, except maybe for armour stackers.

"
twostroketom wrote:
"
Thatsnasty wrote:

no reason to play jugg when they ruined their ele reduction and placed it on endurance charges, for some godawful reason.

With 8 endurance charges jugg now gets 40% ele reduction. Previously it was 8% reduction plus 15% of armour works for ele. On top of that there are the new max res nodes on the tree AND max res on jewels.Not sure how that shakes out exactly in the end but i fail to see how this is a nerf, except maybe for armour stackers.

8? Where is the other 1 coming from?
Nothing you have said has anything to do with juggernaut, at all. I am not sure how this concept is hard to understand, so I'll explain it for you.

Straight up nerfing overall determination power and removing on their 8% armor as ele is a nerf. The only redeeming part is it now applies to chaos, which overall, is way less useful since the instances of chaos mattering are few and far between, and you should be aiming for 75% chaos res anyways.

Having 6 charges, while isn't 7, or having max res in the tree, ANY other class can get, it is not exclusive to juggernaut, nor does it take away from the nerf.
There is no reason to play the class anymore unless it's for undeniable, or maybe untiring, as the armor scaling ele reduction is no longer present to their class, but rather to endurance.

I swear people cannot understand that removing things and then adding them into the talent tree to waste skills points to make up for them, is a nerf. Why would you want to waste talent points on something you were getting free before, like more armor, ele reduction, or ES?
No wonder we keep getting godawful changes, have the community cannot even interpret the difference between a buff and a nerf.

I mean, that's partially GGG's fault for masking things behind other things and wording other things poorly, to be fair.
Last edited by Thatsnasty on Jul 20, 2024, 9:44:26 AM
"
Itsanamune wrote:
I have put thousands of hours into this game, but I just can't do it anymore. Everytime I find something fun in this game it is patched, and the endgame is made only accessible to elite level streamers. Have fun yall, I quit. Enjoy this garbage patch

bye, can i have your stuff? ;)
"
Thatsnasty wrote:
"
twostroketom wrote:
"
Thatsnasty wrote:

Nothing you have said has anything to do with juggernaut, at all. I am not sure how this concept is hard to understand, so I'll explain it for you.

Straight up nerfing overall determination power and removing on their 8% armor as ele is a nerf. The only redeeming part is it now applies to chaos, which overall, is way less useful since the instances of chaos mattering are few and far between, and you should be aiming for 75% chaos res anyways.

Having 6 charges, while isn't 7, or having max res in the tree, ANY other class can get, it is not exclusive to juggernaut, nor does it take away from the nerf.
There is no reason to play the class anymore unless it's for undeniable, or maybe untiring, as the armor scaling ele reduction is no longer present to their class, but rather to endurance.

I swear people cannot understand that removing things and then adding them into the talent tree to waste skills points to make up for them, is a nerf. Why would you want to waste talent points on something you were getting free before, like more armor, ele reduction, or ES?
No wonder we keep getting godawful changes, have the community cannot even interpret the difference between a buff and a nerf.

I mean, that's partially GGG's fault for masking things behind other things and wording other things poorly, to be fair.

Of course it has something to do with Juggernaut.

Jugg gains +1 to max charges AND +1% phys and elem damage reduction per charge, which is unparalleled with any other endu charge-oriented ascendancy. With 2x Kaom's Ring (or synth base for rich people), corrupted/warlord boots and Eventuality rod/synth base shield, you can hit as much as 11 endurance charges for a total 55% flat phys and elemental damage reduction.

With some other investment in flat phys dr (suffixes on shield and torso, amulet, Watcher's eye, and whatever I forget) you can even run Transcendance and hit 90% elem dr thanks to full armour applying, while also getting some dr to chaos hits thanks to the new ascendancy notable.

And of course there's the fact that Jug also gains offensive bonuses from stacking endurance charges.
"
Thatsnasty wrote:

3 base
1 ascendancy
3 from tree
1 maven belt
1 unique corrupt on boots
2 from rings

Maybe I am missing some other optional, but that's what I recall. And of course not everyone would get all of them. Yet, still, why the long face? If you spec into all 11 charges, you can get +11 flat ele dmg taken just from that node.

Reduced ele dmg taken is pretty sick now, and although it being accessible for all, juggs still have the upper hand on the endurance charge benefit when specing to the +1 reduction. Yes, it is lazily made but it is still strong.

Not sure how much you are following the whole concept of the patch, but the whole conversion of ele dmg is almost completely taken out of the game, and leaving it exclusively to Jugg on top of having the ele dmg reduction from the updated endurance charge would just overshadow any kind of defensive layer, chieftain probably too as it will get pretty tanky with forbidden jewels.

Also, the aura nerfs are put in place so that base def stats coming from armoury can compensate for it. This again makes it so that base values can be easier to achieve and that raw mitigation without the auras can still feel better and find ways to reach some acceptable second/thrid-rate defensive layer. With the more multiplier and the higher tier defensive roll you should be reaching the same value, if not better, and running determination/grace would not feel any worse. Of course, you'd like to min max your stats eventually, so you'll need to chase the juicier items to stack your layers better.

TL;DR - It's better to adapt to the change and give it a shot (or not) than being salty at the community for not sharing your opinion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info