Content Update 3.25.0 -- Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur

Sneaking in "Steven Schitt" as one of the miners we can hire is a true stroke of genius. I will be hiring him ASAP!
Absolutely massive
"
Thatsnasty wrote:
"
Dreadmaker7 wrote:

I don't get why people are saying it's all nerfs, especially to defences. Did you miss the whole thing where we now have substantially better bases? And how endurance charges now stack multiplicatively with elemental res? If they didn't nerf the juggernaut - the ascendancy who just gets a load of endurance charges for free, he actually would be immortal - now it's just going to be reasonable.

The new bases are crazy. They showed that the best ES base chest had 299 ES as a base (and I mean, it'll be a range, but they didn't show what end of the range that's on). For perspective, the best possible roll on a Vaal regalia is 197 ES. That's a 50% buff straight up to the amount of ES you have.

They showed an Armour base with 1212 armour (current best is maximum 892), and an ES base with 1228 (current best 982). It's a little less than 50% in those cases, but we also don't know the rolls, and I'm taking the highest possible value from the current bases.

All that to say, this actually makes gearing and auras way more flexible. Along with the higher life rolls on all gear, everyone is going to have an easier time with defence than before, not a worse time, and I don't understand how people are missing that. Armour stackers are going to be going higher than before, not lower.

ES bases always had high ES, this is just a return of what we had years ago, before ES was gutted to be garbage. It's funny how you take something away, and give it back years later and all of sudden, its a buff. Sure ES builds can be good when stacking mana or int, but it's not like before where you could just get a huge pool, now you still get popped by any phys damage.

Nerfing determination and moving armor to bases does not give "Flexibility" at all, it does the opposite actually. It makes it so you have to make up for armor by investing in prefix's on armor gear. That makes it worse for people who can't craft solid gear, and armor stackers, who use aura effect to scale grace and determination, meaning it could potentially just be worse overall.

Also Juggernauts unbreakable was fine how it is. Nerfing an ascendency because you cannot figure out a way to balance the buffs to enduring cry with it, is beyond stupid reasoning.
They could have simply left it how it was, or gave it diminishing returns.
Not every jugg build plays endurance, since the other options are just as viable, but now you actually have to because unbreakable changed to chaos damage is pretty bad. It just doesn't make sense, it feels like a very lazy attempt to balance that change.

+
"
Warfalcon76 wrote:
In the update the patch notes Frostblades text is no different in the old vs new? Typo?

Old:
Frost Blades: No longer has Added Cold Damage at all gem levels. It now has 143% Effectiveness of Base and Added Damage at gem level 1 (previously 110%), scaling up to 490% at gem level 20 (previously 225%). Now has a Mana cost of 6 at gem level 1, scaling up to 10 at gem level 20 (previously 6 at all gem levels).
New:
Frost Blades: No longer has Added Cold Damage at all gem levels. It now has 143% Effectiveness of Base and Added Damage at gem level 1 (previously 110%), scaling up to 409% at gem level 20 (previously 225%). Now has a Mana cost of 6 at gem level 1, scaling up to 10 at gem level 20 (previously 6 at all gem levels).

It was 490%, it's 409% now.
Put earthbreaker support into chieftan ascendancy, don't gatekeep it to a pair of boots. chieftans are supposed to use totems, that's how it's always been
LOGIN
HOLY HELL
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"Suffix Modifiers on Shields that cause you to Gain Life when you Block can no longer roll. "

Could we get clarification if that includes the Shaper Influence mod or only the flat life gain when you block that rolls on all shields?
"
banished wrote:
"
furfur404 wrote:
"
Raxanto wrote:
Is it now possible to create a new character good and not follow a guide?
i'm not super good at the game, but creating my own melee build and get very far would've been fun :'D

no

depends on how much you know the game, but respec is easier.

True, the thing i can have some trouble with is Scaling Damage if i dont know exactly what i need to scale higher.
But getting resistances etc to survive is abit more simple, i still need to learn it better tho!
Wicked-Vortex
"
Raxanto wrote:
Is it now possible to create a new character good and not follow a guide?
i'm not super good at the game, but creating my own melee build and get very far would've been fun :'D

If you aren't confident about what you'd get out of your planning I would suggest doing your experiments later in the league when you have some $ to invest into gearing.

It is just a big leap from following through some well-established build to actually figuring out the issues of builds on your own, and tinkering around about what would be the next big step you'll have to build upon it.

For me, this is actually the reason I love this game. For the past 2 years I learned TONS about what makes a build effective in any possible way, learned about my skill type preferences, and I just try to come up with some hidden treasures that remain under the radar for some time after, which only adds a flavour to the joy of playing something "unique". Before that, when I was following guides or poe.ninja I couldn't do SHIT outside the box of the 5 variations a build would have, nor could I personally see much more room for improvement, and the gameplay as satisfying as it was, sucked a@@ as I couldn't feel invested in the build at all. Now, it's like a personal challenge to make it work.

Also, if you really want to start up a build - really think about the playstyle of the skill since it needs to feel good so you can actually be able to work on it as it's going to be a struggle to improve it once you past the early stages of the game and get to the uber/endgame content. or red tier maps even.

Allow yourself room for failure as it is a venture, and even if it doesn't work out, I can guarantee you'll learn so much that you'll feel more confident the next time you tinker a build. Regularly delve into the poe wiki (not fandom) and reddit for feedback on anything you find as convoluted, watch conceptual poe channels with an educative purpose and eventually you'll be a walking personal wiki yourself.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info