lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

"
mentos1308 wrote:

3 years ago I would have written that the poe was rating 8/10

Now I think rating 6/10

the reasons are exploits, bugs, undeveloped leagues and lack of determination to counteract excessive exploit abuses

Know what HASN'T changed in the last 3 years? every single thing you listed. Know what has? Your own personal FOMO. In fact, everything you listed has been true of the game for at least 7 years (since 3.0 expansion). When the game exploded in size, so too did the number of bonkers situational problems.

The game hasn't changed, YOU have. That's fine, but lets be truthful here. What is also true is that the playerbase overall has gotten WAY more jaded, irritable, impatient, and combative. So every problem gets blown WAY out of proportion, and many forget that these same problems have happened time and time and time again in PoE history.

Not defending the problems themselves, just the fact that they have been around almost the entire life of the game and its something that should be expected by now, not surprise outraged by.

Those who think all these "problems" are new in the last few leagues, I encourage you to read the patch notes (at random) for any of the leagues from the last 7 years. There are generally a LOT of patches, and a lot of balance passes in every single one of them. So quickly people forget.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 29, 2024, 10:50:53 PM
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
xaerobb wrote:

Some get rich because they know the game well

You mean they keep finding what is obviously an oversight, quickly capitalized on it before information spreads wide enough so GGG cannot possibly punish anyone for exploiting even if they wanted to? Do you suggest more people should behave this way?

Of course it is not really players job to report bugs, GGG made a system they cannot control, it keeps leaking from all sides. Idk about you, but imo in this game sitting on OP build/loot strat doesn't even feel like an achievement or "knowing the game". Some things work 100 times better than others, all that left is shrug and accept. It is not skill or tenacity that puts meta player in advantageous position, it is merely climbing into one of many GGG-provided balance holes.

very well said!
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
mentos1308 wrote:

3 years ago I would have written that the poe was rating 8/10

Now I think rating 6/10

the reasons are exploits, bugs, undeveloped leagues and lack of determination to counteract excessive exploit abuses

Know what HASN'T changed in the last 3 years? every single thing you listed. Know what has? Your own personal FOMO. In fact, everything you listed has been true of the game for at least 7 years (since 3.0 expansion). When the game exploded in size, so too did the number of bonkers situational problems.

The game hasn't changed, YOU have. That's fine, but lets be truthful here. What is also true is that the playerbase overall has gotten WAY more jaded, irritable, impatient, and combative. So every problem gets blown WAY out of proportion, and many forget that these same problems have happened time and time and time again in PoE history.

Not defending the problems themselves, just the fact that they have been around almost the entire life of the game and its something that should be expected by now, not surprise outraged by.

Those who think all these "problems" are new in the last few leagues, I encourage you to read the patch notes (at random) for any of the leagues from the last 7 years. There are generally a LOT of patches, and a lot of balance passes in every single one of them. So quickly people forget.

I expressed my opinions and that's it

And please keep your philosophies about me to yourself
It's just common sense that as things get "old", opinions change. There's no real philosophy being expounded here. People get tired of things, perfectly normal. And as folks get tired, they begin to take notice more frequently of all the little idiosyncrasies that have always been there, but have never really had an impact until now. It's like how if you haven't had enough sleep, you are more prone to anger and annoyance the following day. The other people around you haven't changed...

Pro Tip: Don't post in a public forum if you want to keep things to yourself! Any comment written in a public forum is open to analysis and comment, including my own. And nothing I said was meant to be overly negative towards your opinion in any way. Just pointing out that your reasons for the downgraded rating aren't really corroborated by the game history.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 30, 2024, 7:08:15 AM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
It's just common sense that as things get "old", opinions change. There's no real philosophy being expounded here. People get tired of things, perfectly normal. And as folks get tired, they begin to take notice more frequently of all the little idiosyncrasies that have always been there, but have never really had an impact until now. It's like how if you haven't had enough sleep, you are more prone to anger and annoyance the following day. The other people around you haven't changed...

Pro Tip: Don't post in a public forum if you want to keep things to yourself! Any comment written in a public forum is open to analysis and comment, including my own. And nothing I said was meant to be overly negative towards your opinion in any way. Just pointing out that your reasons for the downgraded rating aren't really corroborated by the game history.

Hehe, you're funny

You have your opinion about the state of the game and that's ok

But the fact that you write that I have changed, well, that's something else

[Removed by Support]

There are various problems in the game from the very beginning

however, if, for example, Kaom's Heart has "Has no sockets" in the description

And there are people who find a way to add sockets there and try to make an additional profit from it, hmmm, this is a big problem.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 1, 2024, 6:25:33 PM
"20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse
Earlier today, we learned of a bug in Ultimatum that allows players to generate excessive rewards. Shortly after its discovery, we deployed a hotfix that capped the amount of experience and items that Ultimatums could yield.

We have banned 20 accounts that abused this exploit multiple times. These bans will last until Ultimatum ends in July. We will also void the characters they made in Ultimatum so that they (and their items) will not be transferred to their parent leagues.

If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you."

This is the answer and what I expect from GGG
I could care less about the flavor of the week mistuned or bugged build allowing streamers to dump 10s of mirrors a day. I would much rather GGG focus on cracking down on the actual cheating going on with certain "EXternal Api" tools being widely used to do everything short of full on botting for the player.
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
I could care less about the flavor of the week mistuned or bugged build allowing streamers to dump 10s of mirrors a day. I would much rather GGG focus on cracking down on the actual cheating going on with certain "EXternal Api" tools being widely used to do everything short of full on botting for the player.

its same cheatin and exploitin as 10+ mir per day streamers and cheaters do!

GGG just allow em to do it and care less to fix it as they wanna kill poe1 for poe2

u can see https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3524638
Last edited by TreeOfDead on May 31, 2024, 6:57:18 AM
"
mentos1308 wrote:
"20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse
Earlier today, we learned of a bug in Ultimatum that allows players to generate excessive rewards. Shortly after its discovery, we deployed a hotfix that capped the amount of experience and items that Ultimatums could yield.

We have banned 20 accounts that abused this exploit multiple times. These bans will last until Ultimatum ends in July. We will also void the characters they made in Ultimatum so that they (and their items) will not be transferred to their parent leagues.

If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you."

This is the answer and what I expect from GGG

ye this answer SHOULD BE in any normal game... sadly GGG changed in bad direction...

btw if GGG allow and promote cheaters and abusers in poe1 than it means in poe2 they will do the same! its just to think...
This wave of sudden ethic on this notoriouly "every soul for itself" community is amusing

The elitist community of poe is always ranting about how the game is about maximizing what the game offers to you. Well, the bug WAS offered to players. It was not something only some people could do. Anyone before the patch could do it, using it was another knowledge check that the poe community so love, you knew how to use the bug, then the option was open, hardly any different of how it is for farming strats

For the view of a casual, the massive gap in profit you can create at the cost of curralying yourself into a specific way of playing the game is more toxic than the bug ever was. Much easier to stomach too, as the bug was bound to be removed while things like the busted profitability of T17 might be here to stay

Is the issue about its obviously not intended? If thats the chase, then the fault is on the people who bought those items and on GGG for allowing the oversight to slip past test stage
Bugs and exploits are a natural part of a videogame, especially for one that changes as constantly as poe does. If you think parts of a game that are not functioning as intended means they shoudnt be used at all, thats YOUR vision, the general public disagrees, just look at how speedrunners even gets sponsored to play games and most of theyr playtroughs are exploitfiestas where using bugs to things like literally sink tro the ground and bypass whole bosses are normal ocurrences. And people PAY them to do it

Not to mention, this call for ban on the exploiters is badly targeted. If anyone is at fault for the 6-link aegis aurora being so profitable, its the buyers who are willing to pay for the busted items. And there are plenty of people willing to buy those, because, again, its the normal to accept anything the game offers as fair game, even if its an obvious exploit

The elitists love to call FOMO on everything, i gotta call it right here, people are just mad salty that they didnt got to know how to produce those expensive stuff before the exploit window closed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info