lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

"
mefistozxz wrote:
^I completely disagree. I see them as exactly the same situation. Why is it "within reason" to make 100s of times more currency than "normal" or deal 100s of times more damage than "normal", yet its NOT within reason to do the same with items?

I would argue the broken farming tools are far more damaging to the game environment than a few bugged items are. I would also argue a skill getting 30+% usage because it very clearly is WAY overtuned is more damaging to the game.

Only GGG gets to decide what's intended and what isn't.

You cannot equate using "OP skills" and "OP strategies" to abusing what are very obviously bugs in the game's code.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
How could those bugged items have been in last league or before that when the beastcraft that enabled them only came let'd see... in this league.
You do not have a valid point.
Also bug in game code isn't same as some skill being stronger than others
Last edited by imanubcake on May 21, 2024, 8:01:01 AM
"
imanubcake wrote:
How could those bugged items have been in last league or before that when the beastcraft that enabled them only came let'd see... in this league.

*snip*

'twas a misunderstanding, good sir. We agree
Last edited by ArtCrusade on May 21, 2024, 8:14:33 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:

What's a bug? Can you eat it? Find out!

My comment was aimed at the guy defending bug abusing in multiple threads... And even defending hacking in one how "90% of games didn't care before esports"
"
imanubcake wrote:
My comment was aimed at the guy defending bug abusing in multiple threads... And even defending hacking in one how "90% of games didn't care before esports"

Fair enough. Since it wasn't quotingg anyone else I assumed it was in response to me. I'll edit the other post ^^
Similarly, only GGG gets to decide what is exploitative behavior. NOT you. They decided this was NOT exploitative and didn't ban anyone. End of story.

As I said in my very first post, it is THEIR fault. It only BECOMES a "bug" or an "exploit" after GGG decides it is one. So before these items were deleted and fixed, no matter how LIKELY they were a bug.....they were NOT and were simply a feature of the league mechanic. As put forth by GGG.

Brand of dissipation could have EASILY been considered a "bug" over just an "OP skill". Seemingly never-ending abyss spires could have easily been considered a "bug" over just an OP farming spot. It's only in HINDSIGHT based on GGG's actions that we see these as not bugs or exploits. But in the moment they were just as outlandish, just as abnormal as a 6L 1-h item albeit less visible.

And folks are just absolutely refusing to recognize it for what it is because of a combination of fomo, outrage, and a weird sense of what's considered "normal" in a game that is constantly changing.
Last edited by mefistozxz on May 21, 2024, 8:43:20 AM
"
mefistozxz wrote:
Similarly, only GGG gets to decide what is exploitative behavior. NOT you.
Well, everyone gets to decide what's exploitative behaviour. Only GGG get to restrict people's Path of Exile accounts afterward.
"
"
mefistozxz wrote:
Similarly, only GGG gets to decide what is exploitative behavior. NOT you.
Well, everyone gets to decide what's exploitative behaviour. Only GGG get to restrict people's Path of Exile accounts afterward.

I guess that's true, hence the disagreement over what is actually considered an exploit in these arguments. I personally think that anything that falls clearly outside the realm of "normal" or "balanced", be it bugs/skills/loot/mechanics/etc. is exploiting developer's poor programming and foresight. Short of using 3rd party tools or hacking software or bots, EVERYTHING that we are presented with in the game is "normal until proven otherwise" and only GGG can prove it otherwise. So my main point is that if this 6L thing is a dealbreaker for people (presumably because of its negative impact), then really everything else that has had a far greater impact negatively on the game should be held equally. And it is not, which is a double standard.

My opinion, which rubbed many the wrong way, is that we are ALL guilty of exploiting the game and using developer mistakes against them. This scenario is no different. There is NO difference between a "bug" and an "exploit"...until GGG handles it. A "bug" gets fixed quickly and permanently, an "exploit" may be allowed to continue until the end of a league or undergo multiple balance passes. But at the beginning and before taking action, they are one and the same. Even if the situation seems like it is 99.999% bugged (6L 1-h), there is still the .001% chance that it is a simple intended easter egg and power creep. And I am not going to arbitrarily ignore a situation like that because random people on the forum have decided that THIS particular thing is unintended when everything else was.

I am not about to play a game tiptoeing on eggshells wondering what may or may not be considered an "exploit". Especially when that game has had far more bugged content and unintended interactions recently than it ever had before. It is actually the new "normal" in the game to find the next "broken" method of power, be it farming/items/skills/whatever. If its broke, they will fix it. No need to yell about bans, unfairness, etc. Everyone has equal access to whats provided in the game....the only difference is sitting up on a pedestal or just playing the game.
Last edited by mefistozxz on May 21, 2024, 9:29:11 AM
How do you reconcile equating the creation of impossible items in Path of Exile (such as 6-linked Kaom's Heart) and playing Lancing Steel CoC Detonate Dead Inquisitor or whatever you consider an OP build?
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
How do you reconcile equating the creation of impossible items in Path of Exile (such as 6-linked Kaom's Heart) and playing Lancing Steel CoC Detonate Dead Inquisitor or whatever you consider an OP build?

Because YOU are the one deciding that the item is impossible! It was also "impossible" for stygian spires to spawn as many enemies and items.....until it was. it was also "impossible" to farm thousands of uniques in a single map.....until it was. It was also "impossible" to drop 100s of divines off a single pack of enemies....until it was. Sure, the Kaom's Heart was an obvious thing to latch onto, but who are YOU to say it wasn't just that particular item that was bugged, while the REST of it was just poor design that would continue for the rest of the league?

It is only until AFTER GGG decides to nerf/remove/adjust/do whatever the heck they want to rebalance or remove something that it becomes an ACTUAL bug or unintended feature. Apart from your own personal sense of "this is what the game should be", there was absolutely no reason to be 100% sure this wasn't just something that was a mistake a la exploding totems that people could just have fun with for the rest of the league.

Again....YES it was incredibly LIKELY that this was an unintended bug, but it is not official until action is taken against it. Just like Harbingers spitting out mirror shards all over the place. Just like the insane amount of uniques being dropped with that t17 farming method. Just like vacuum sweeping up ghosts. Just like any other <insert crazy "impossible" event here> that happens all the freaking time in this game.

You are deliberately ignoring all the regular exploitation of "bugs" and pretty darn clear design flaws that have occurred pretty much throughout the entire history of PoE, just because for whatever reason THIS issue hit you as too much. It is just simply more of the same.

I'm sick of saying the same thing and going around in circles through various threads about this, so I'm going to bow out here. The decision has already been made: people were not banned, the items were deleted, the game world keeps turning. But don't kid yourself that you are some "good boy" who doesn't exploit this game on a regular basis. Especially on MANY things that could be considered "bugs" such as a skill that unintentionally shotguns or double/triple dips (bug), a farming method that is dropping an unnaturally extreme amount of loot (bug), etc. These regular things go way beyond simple "balance issues" and are very clearly bugged content that folks simply refuse to see as bugged content to make themselves feel better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info