lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

"
zakalwe55 wrote:
So long as the exploit is widely broadcast and used after a few days no one is getting banned. PoE is already a niche game. GGG can't ban 10% of the player base.

Niche game played by hundreds of thousands of people ICANT
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
mentos1308 wrote:
I am of the opinion that if there is a serious exploit and there are people who take advantage of situations, especially when playing in a group, the game becomes quite stupid, unexciting.

In path of exile there is currently a bit of exploit hunting

However, there is also a problem on the GGG side, where it seems that everything they have recently added favors such a situation

Sad...

This, and as Phrazz alluded to as well, it erodes trust and that portends the end
I remember there was a bug in D4S2 where rogues would get additional combo points instead of maximum resource from a unique item. Turns out they could have double digit combo points (instead of just 3) and could one-shot world bosses with it. The devs response was that 'enjoy it this season, we'll patch it out after that.' Similarly, charge barb was buffed to the stars in S3. In current season summon necro is S+ tier. D4's approach is to let people enjoy something OP every season and not worry too much about it.

In contrast, whenever something is remotely OP in PoE, all hell breaks loose. The game is just too serious these days.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
I remember there was a bug in D4S2 where rogues would get additional combo points instead of maximum resource from a unique item. Turns out they could have double digit combo points (instead of just 3) and could one-shot world bosses with it. The devs response was that 'enjoy it this season, we'll patch it out after that.' Similarly, charge barb was buffed to the stars in S3. In current season summon necro is S+ tier. D4's approach is to let people enjoy something OP every season and not worry too much about it.

In contrast, whenever something is remotely OP in PoE, all hell breaks loose. The game is just too serious these days.

You know what, I wouldn't want GGG to have the same approach as Blizzard in Diablo 4

I haven't played Diablo 4, but from what I've seen as other people play, the game is not for me at all.

However, that's my opinion
There are only two effective ways to battle exploits:

1) Develop the game in a "safe" way, limit the progressiveness and don't try new, crazy league mechanics/changes. That is never going to happen.

2) Perma ban exploiters - those that do it multiple times and really exploits. Signal once and for all that this is unwanted behavior. That is cleary not happening either(?)

So if we look at the actions here, and not the words, exploits are clearly something GGG want us to do, and that a lot of players want to do. Sadly.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Are "normal" players paying the price for those who are constantly trying to abuse mechanics or even pseudo-exploits ?

I think that; yes:
When some players are dopping daily dozens of mirrors while others hardly drop a divine... GGG probably check the amount of dropped mirrors and says "we have to nerf the global drop rate"... Which happened already with various contents.

Personally I'm not supporting this and I have to say it continues right now, there's a clear mechanic failure with some Allflame and the people who are aware of it are dropping tons of -xxx-:

Will GGG say "Time to make a global nerf of -xxx-" ... ?

Path of tricks. Personally I think it really sucks, especially this league, but that's just my opinion.
Last edited by Universalis on May 20, 2024, 8:16:55 AM
"
hasatt0 wrote:

We can't even say that's always true, can we? Penance Brand of Dissipation got hit in activation frequency, flat damage/effectiveness of added damage, and in the "more damage per energy" stat.

While I didn't try it last league, it still seems strong this league. As I understand there were a few other Transfigured gems that were overtuned on launch too.

Items being too strong seems to be taken differently from skills being too strong, I guess.
"
Jadian wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:

We can't even say that's always true, can we? Penance Brand of Dissipation got hit in activation frequency, flat damage/effectiveness of added damage, and in the "more damage per energy" stat.

While I didn't try it last league, it still seems strong this league. As I understand there were a few other Transfigured gems that were overtuned on launch too.

Items being too strong seems to be taken differently from skills being too strong, I guess.

Yes! This is my biggest gripe with everyone shouting "ban" and "exploiters are cheaters"....clearly OP skills, clearly OP farming, etc. are all THE SAME SITUATION and yet no one bats an eye. But suddenly we are dealing with (lets be real) a few items and suddenly the pitchforks and torches are waving.

Do people truly not realize that the majority of PoE players are "exploiting" design flaws basically all the time?
"
mefistozxz wrote:
Yes! This is my biggest gripe with everyone shouting "ban" and "exploiters are cheaters"....clearly OP skills, clearly OP farming, etc. are all THE SAME SITUATION and yet no one bats an eye. But suddenly we are dealing with (lets be real) a few items and suddenly the pitchforks and torches are waving.

Do people truly not realize that the majority of PoE players are "exploiting" design flaws basically all the time?

Within reason, and within the natural, intended confines of the game. Clearly you are not meant to have 6-linked Squires or sockets on items that naturally can't have any.

That's the difference between "abusing" a profitable farming strategy on a T17 map and actually abusing a bug.

Once again you are being highly disingenuous and untruthful.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
^I completely disagree. I see them as exactly the same situation. Why is it "within reason" to make 100s of times more currency than "normal" or deal 100s of times more damage than "normal", yet its NOT within reason to do the same with items?

I would argue the broken farming tools are far more damaging to the game environment than a few bugged items are. I would also argue a skill getting 30+% usage because it very clearly is WAY overtuned is more damaging to the game.

But you've arbitrarily set it apart only because its a very VISIBLE exploit, while discounting all the other less visible exploits that happen all day every day.

Was it these bugged items that completely destroyed the economy this league and last league? No. Was it these bugged items that have eroded build diversity over the last few years? No. Was it these bugged items that caused the rise of TFT and other massive issues related to "exploitative behavior"? No.

I have never once said they aren't bad for the game.....I am merely saying they are a developer issue, in line with all other issues, and players interacted with it as normal because that is what we have ALWAYS done.
Last edited by mefistozxz on May 21, 2024, 7:57:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info