I Don't Understand POE Trade

"
Aynix wrote:
No. Then list items for the price you are ready to stop ur maps for. If you wont bother with 10c items, dont list them. If you wnt bother with 100c items, dont list them. Simple. People like that are ones who is making trade experience miserable. People like taht are reason why we need to PM 20 people before we get a single reply.

So, everyone should instantly stop all mapping, bossing, anything they're doing to trade? What if they stepped away to feed a baby or go to the toilet? How is anyone to know why a person doesn't instantly respond. Do you close the game each time you get a drink of water or stretch your legs? Some people spend more time on PoB than in PoE, so are free to trade then, though not as free while in PoE.

Your position is extreme and intentionally ignores all things like rampage stacks, deli counters, headhunter mods, and the mentioned above. Stopping to type "free in 2 mins" can mean losing a portal and all the stacks required. Some people enjoy playing the game and only trade when required, so they place less importance in trading. Sometimes if they don't respond within 5 seconds, people like you will be so offended they've probably already muted the seller.

You can however go by your perfectly reasonable outlook and only list items you actually intend to sell. Then respond with "sorry I was afk/busy, still need?" when free.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
Aynix wrote:

No. Then list items for the price you are ready to stop ur maps for. If you wont bother with 10c items, dont list them. If you wnt bother with 100c items, dont list them. Simple. People like that are ones who is making trade experience miserable. People like taht are reason why we need to PM 20 people before we get a single reply.

Yes, it's the people that are the problem, not the awful clunky rubbish system. How dare they operate within the constraints of the game system that GG actually implemented!
Last edited by Aldora_the_Summoner on Jan 17, 2024, 4:38:02 PM
"
"
Aynix wrote:

Yes, it's the people that are the problem, not the awful clunky rubbish system. How dare they operate within the constraints of the game system that GG actually implemented!

Syetem is here to stay and its nothing new. People are who make it even worse.

"
hmcg020 wrote:

So, everyone should instantly stop all mapping, bossing, anything they're doing to trade?

You got my point.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I Think this is an unfair call. Having so many tabs of items listed, you can't just re-arrange your tabs to take things offline

Re-arrange?

Most tabs are sorted by chaos listings. If you don't want to leave your map to engage in sales from your 10c tab (which is understandable), it takes you a fraction of a second to make that tab private before a longer mapping session. It's not really rocket science, it's just laziness.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
"
Aynix wrote:

Agreed

It's rare to see the entitlement displayed in this thread. No matter what on earth could ever be happening, wherever you are in the world you must instantly give them what they want or you're "the worst kind of player" and "lazy". Expecting people to not only arrange their stashes to suit others before they map, but they must also stop mapping instantly for anything they've ever listed is ridiculously entitled. It's almost comical how Karen it is.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Jan 17, 2024, 4:57:40 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
"
Aynix wrote:

Syetem is here to stay and its nothing new. People are who make it even worse.

"
hmcg020 wrote:

So, everyone should instantly stop all mapping, bossing, anything they're doing to trade?

You got my point.

That ain't gonna happen. And it shouldn't. It's unreasonable to expect players to constantly list/delist their items just so they can map, or sit in hideout to trade. That's terrible design. GGG designed a system that is deliberately inconvenient to use, and they doubled-down by adding in another system allowing buyers to spam trade requests.

It's not the players who should blamed.
- here's my sig
I blame players and only them. Personally if someone messages me for a trade, I stop what Im doing and I go trade. Beucase I list items for the price Im willing to stop whatever Im doing.
You lised the item. You set the price. You are ignoring person who wants to buy item for the price you set. YOU are the problem. Not GGG. Stop playing victim.
Last edited by Aynix on Jan 17, 2024, 4:59:21 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I Think this is an unfair call. Having so many tabs of items listed, you can't just re-arrange your tabs to take things offline

Re-arrange?

Most tabs are sorted by chaos listings. If you don't want to leave your map to engage in sales from your 10c tab (which is understandable), it takes you a fraction of a second to make that tab private before a longer mapping session. It's not really rocket science, it's just laziness.

Some people play that way, others don't. GGG gave us a way to price items independently, and many players use that option. I, for one, don't have an entire tab dedicated to just 10C items, and another for 50C, and another one for each possible price I want to sell things for. And even if I did, I should not be expected to go around turning those tabs on or off each time I want to map or trade. The trade experience in this game is already bad enough, I don't need that on top of it.
- here's my sig
"
Aynix wrote:
I blame players and only them. Personally if someone messages me for a trade, I stop what Im doing and I go trade. Beucase I list items for the price Im willing to stop whatever Im doing.
You lised the item. You set the price. You are ignoring person who wants to buy item for the price you set. YOU are the problem. Not GGG. Stop playing victim.

I also try to honor all of my priced items if somebody wants to buy it. But, AT LEAST 75% of the time the buyer has already moved on to somebody else, and I get no response from my party request.

The system is toxic from top to bottom, and it's that way because GGG designed it to be toxic, only they don't say "toxic", they euphemize it as "inconvenient" because god forbid trade be too convenient.
- here's my sig
"
Aynix wrote:

I Disagree. If people respond instantly, then great. If people respond within a couple of minutes saying "sorry I was busy, still need?", then that's just less great. If an item is exceptionally rare, there may only be one person selling it. If an item is common, then you can use that 120 second window to move onto other traders. You're never going to control other people and making demands of them will only end up with you as the frustrated one.

Look at the free bow-mirror service. That guy apparently got over 7000 requests in a couple of weeks lol. Does your demand apply there too considering it was listed in trade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info