I Don't Understand POE Trade

"
Aynix wrote:

I despise people like that. If you wont bother leaving map for such trade, dont list item at all. I dont bother with anything belowe 10c so I dont list anything below 10c.
Worst kind of players.

I agree.

I have ONE regular tab used for trading, and it is quite empty. I usually don't bother with <50c trades (which is probably one of the reasons for me being a slow progresser).

It takes people 2 seconds to make a public dump+sell tab not public. If you're done doing small trades, make the tab private. Not really rocket science.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It's not always price fixing, the thing is that on top of all the people who assume that it's possible to actually buy a divine for 210c there are bots, flippers, traders with 100 live search tabs open who snatch this stuff as soon as it gets listed. I often get 2-3 whispers for stuff that it's already sold as it pops up on the trade website.

Scroll way down, pay a bit more and stop wasting time trying to save 5c, lol.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

But also, when we have a trade mechanic where you have to leave your map (and use a portal) to make a trade - in a league that gives you more currency per time spent in your map than any other league, people just can't be bothered to answer low currency trades; it's just not worth their time.

I despise people like that. If you wont bother leaving map for such trade, dont list item at all. I dont bother with anything belowe 10c so I dont list anything below 10c.
Worst kind of players.

I agree. That's why bulk sales are a thing. If you don't care about selling stuff for 1c or something just vendor it or unlist.
"
Angrybagel wrote:
It's a forced experience to sell mtx.

Exactly.
"
RockGod wrote:
The lowest-price sellers have no intention of selling at all.

They are actually posting low prices so that other folks that want to sell are pricing even lower, then they snap up the items.

I did not know this. Thank you for the insight.
To realize how many bots there are just list something like an incandescent invitation at the low price.
I was selling these cause I was farming exarch altars for the challenge.
You will get instaspammed by many people the minute it goes live on poe trade.
If you trade with them they will be low level with no ascendancy.
I actually avoid trading with them and wait till a normal player sees it.
"
DoctaLinker wrote:
To add information to last folks: Start adding those who don't want to trade tô your ignore list. It gets easier.

Best advice ever, just ignore them, there's a button "ignore player" next to the trade message, just click it and problem solve
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝
"
Mistok wrote:
To realize how many bots there are just list something like an incandescent invitation at the low price.

You reazlie anyone can put live search on any item and 95% of those people that are whispering you are players?
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Feb 15, 2024, 8:29:14 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

But also, when we have a trade mechanic where you have to leave your map (and use a portal) to make a trade - in a league that gives you more currency per time spent in your map than any other league, people just can't be bothered to answer low currency trades; it's just not worth their time.

Worst kind of players.

Reminds me of last week when i left my map for 3div trade and literally as i portal back into my hideout and invite them they leave party instantly and said "somebody was faster" This all happen within 10 seconds at most.

That really annoyed the hell out of me.
sometimes they're price fixers

but also they're the lowest price, so if they aren't price fixing they are likely overloaded with requests

in an economy system, someone is always going to have the lowest price

so if you ignore the potential nefarious possibilities, it's just likely they're overwhelmed with the amount of trade requests

so you have to look at the rising cost going down the list as a matter of convenience... either you keep requesting at that price and maybe you finally get an opportunity or you just burn a little bit of value to get the trade done quicker

i should clarify that this is mostly for currency trades

with items, it's a bit different. items it's more likely to be price fixing (or mistake listings) at the bottom so never judge by the lowest price, scroll down until you see a lot of items listed at the same price and consider that the true bottom.
Last edited by DopeyFishX on Jan 7, 2024, 11:49:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info