I Don't Understand POE Trade

"
heinrich6745 wrote:
Reminds me of last week when i left my map for 3div trade and literally as i portal back into my hideout and invite them they leave party instantly and said "somebody was faster" This all happen within 10 seconds at most.

That really annoyed the hell out of me.

Yeah, they are spamming trade requests, messaging 20 people at the same time. The first responder gets the deal. Sad that this is "the way". It's a combination of egoistic people and a bad trading system.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
If someone leaves party after I already left the map (I usually wait like 30 sec just to be sure), those go straight to my ignore list.
"
Haqutta wrote:
Like I said, I do not understand POE Trade.

DId you ready Chris Wilson Trade Manifesto before creating duplicate thread?
I deal with this in a horrible way.

I wait a full 2 minutes with these trades and then I add the seller to my ignore list. This could be terrible for me in the long run but wait with me for a moment.

Once I get these fake sellers out of the way it makes life a lot quicker and easier as you will find they sell all over the place.

You can remove them from ignore later on incase they are just price fixing and might want to sell great items days/weeks/months in.

I haven't really taken my own advice I kind of leave them in ignore =P
That strat is good, but I recommend clearing ignore list when you are done with the league or on the day 1 of new league when you are back.
I never thought I'd see the day - where a topic on the forums has all users agreed on something! Trade in this game is just plain awful.

Yes, I understand GG's design approach and that an AH type solution would invite a series of new problems, but that doesn't mean the current solution is good, or even adequate. I believe that the over-reliance on trade is one of the key issues with the game where players simply buy solutions to the challenges presented by the game, and if you can't afford the solution, you have a bad gameplay experience.

In regard to the OP's initial issue, it's also worth considering that random player X who just received your invite is potentially in the middle of mapping where they just can't break for a trade or to even communicate. Whether it's chasing an Abyss, keeping up flask charges or a similar mechanic, or concentrating on the bad mechanics of Maven or Sirus.

It's why I ultimately shunned all trade in this game. I'm here to play a game, not run a stupid retail business merely on the off chance that I might get to play the game every now and then.
when it comes to divines, the cheapest listings are likely spammed to shit with trade requests, so naturally those will be very hard deals to close. test it yourself, list a divine cheaper than everybody else, change instance to let the listing refresh and watch the barrage of messages

most people just message the cheapest listings and work their way down the list, so by skipping down a bit in the list and contacting the slightly more expensive people, you usually get a trade much much faster.
Last edited by jewdas12 on Jan 9, 2024, 2:04:43 AM
That’s why I uninstalled this pile of crap.

GGG does not care about you the people, only the $ and streamers opinion.
They dont care about streamer opinion either.
"
Aynix wrote:
They dont care about streamer opinion either.

I'm pretty positive they do, in some elements they defo do.

But they defo don't care about anyone of you.

Literally don't give a damn about the community n/or the players.

You can't have this many complaints daily as a "Game company", and 95% of it is removed even if none code of conduct is broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info