3.22 Performance

Hi,

Can we get a reply to this problem, it is taking 1/3 mins to load in town or rogue harbour.

Idea have an option were I do not have to render all the other folks MTX, ive no interest in seeing it.
Exact same problem too big CPU usage (especially on load screen) on laptop Ryzen 5 5600H, Geforce RTX 3060 and 32G RAM.
100% CPU usage and temperature going up to 100C and that is on a magic maps without any pack size. wtf!

Before the patch temperature never was so high. Max ~80C in delirium or blight.
Not sure if this was already posted here, but I had luck following this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/15icji4/how_i_solved_my_performance_issues_on_an_old/ I'm new to the game and play on a very low end computer (i5 laptop, no graphics card) with a steam installation, and I was experiencing serious stuttering and long load times in 3.22. Tried deleting the cached shaders in the Path of Exile folder previously, and it did nothing. I think deleting the shaders in the steam folder, playing without dynamic culling/resolution while regenerating shaders, and/or using triple buffering are what worked for me. After making these changes, stuttering and crashing was significantly reduced (not completely eliminated unfortunately) and game felt smoother than previously despite running w/o dynamic culling/resolution. Initially, load times went up a lot (presumably due to the game having to reload all shaders) and some textures did not load, but after playing for a few hours load times are now much shorter than before and all textures load normally. I also noticed that cpu usage went down after making these changes.
Last edited by ianachin2001 on Aug 23, 2023, 8:34:21 AM
I am Also having problems this league. I didnt have any last league or any prior to this league idk why but the game is very jaggy in combat. im guessing the cpu is getting maxed out? which is weird for it to just happen right now ive tried various settings and no improvement.
Yeah, I've been only playing this league for a few minutes and then I log out every day due to performance issues.
Might as well just quit it for now until they fix this.
Been playing the game for years and this is the worst it has even been
CPU constantly spiking to 100% usage and performance is simply awful, I rather play something else instead if I have to play it like this.

Hope they fix it soon but I honestly don't have high hopes.
+1
Ever since the 3.22 update and i am experiencing insane stuttering, loading times, fps drops and my cpu usage is going crazy all the time even tho i have never experienced this playing poe before
I have i3-10100f and an Amd rx 570 4gb + playing the game on an SSD
"
Marwann wrote:
Ever since the 3.22 update and i am experiencing insane stuttering, loading times, fps drops and my cpu usage is going crazy all the time even tho i have never experienced this playing poe before
I have i3-10100f and an Amd rx 570 4gb + playing the game on an SSD
I tried all the solutions in the troubleshooting note provided by GGG but nothing works.
Thank god for this post, I was losing my mind.
Funny thing is that my brother has no issues with a similar rig (1660 Ti to 1660 Super with a similar power CPU)

The game is on 100% cpu usage, stuttering (if I have any youtube playing I can say goodbye to that too, it will just start stuttering). After a while of not moving in a zone (yes zone, not map as I haven't even felt like finishing acts yet), it goes down to 40-50% on all cpu1-6s. I tried what everyone suggested - disabling multithreading, but that drops my fps by around 60% and I'm not playing a game at 30fps when my PC used to run it at 150+ a few leagues ago when I played last.

Anyway, when I move again and mobs come running at me, cpu goes back to 100% and fps goes down (its above 200 when I don't move).

Crazy and I really hope they fix this otherwise I'm not playing this league (not that I don't want to, but as others said, can't).

Good luck to all of us, I guess.
I nearly cant play, fps is not stable and dropping to 15 on blights. Every league there was some fps dropping, but that league is awful. Later lags began when client consumed more memory, about 5GB after hours of playing, i just restart client and lags gone. But now fresh client consume 5-6GB so lags are constant. In game F1 graph says 9+GB. They obviously can fix it. Ofc, there also problem with loading time, started on this league 100%.

wrote this post after dying after freeze screen for 10s on strongbox. i think hc is not playable at all now.
Last edited by Iglon on Aug 25, 2023, 12:49:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info