3.22 Performance

I've never experienced smth like this. Have been playing PoE for years now.

Everytime I try to teleport to a town it takes 5 minutes to load lmao. I cannot even trade anymore.
Last edited by Einhaerjar on Aug 25, 2023, 1:42:54 PM
yeah, I tried both DX11 and 12 , the performance is a worse than anything before 3.22.
this game runs like a dogsht rtx2060+i7

cpu spikes+freeze+low gpu usage+high temp+sometimes crashes
"
Yep since particle patch.

It's definitely the skill effects / particles causing the performance issues.

Worst part is there is no graphics options to even try alternative settings for particles. Most games have this option.

Might have to unspec out of Delirium, since for some reason a Ryzen 3600, RTX 3070, 16GB DDR4 RAM and SSD can't handle it anymore (which is kind of ridiculous).

No idea how people with old pcs play this game right now.
Last edited by dizz on Aug 25, 2023, 7:35:23 PM
"
dizz wrote:
"
Yep since particle patch.

It's definitely the skill effects / particles causing the performance issues.

When I put global illumination from ultra/high to low it reduces my stuttering and crashing by a lot. Its really weird, if I put it on ultra I crash in under 5 second, on low its between 5 and 30 min.
Update:
Surprisingly, Vulkan performed a lot better than DX11 and DX12!
I was about to quit because how unplayable POE has become.
setup: 4470k,Nvidia 1650 super, 16 GB ram.
Same
"
dizz wrote:
No idea how people with old pcs play this game right now.

I guess many of them simply don't play at all. Then again, these issues seem to affect any range of rig...almost at random it seems. Really doesn't matter if you run a 1080 or a 4090. Same with CPU's basically. I've got absolutely no clue how GGG managed to mess this engine update up so badly, but they did.

Here's how I imagine what a regular day in GGG's headquarters may look like

Random Dev #1: "Hey Chris, I think the engine update is ready!"

Chris: "Ship it."

Random Dev#1: "I think we should run some tests to see if th-..."

Chris: "Ship it."

Random Dev#2: "Hey guys, I think we need to do some testing, I found so-..."

Chris: "SHIP IT!"

A couple weeks and hundreds of people with issues later...

Random Dev #1 and #2: "Hey Chris, there's more and more posts popping up with people reporting massive issues regarding the engine update. Should we work on a fix so th-..."

Chris: "Is TOTA ready yet?"

Random Dev #1 and #2: "Almost, but we really should test the mechanics first. Also, regarding the engine update, shouldn't we fix that aswell before releasing the new lea-..."

Chris: "Ship it!"

A week into the new, unfinished league...

Random Dev #1: "Hey Chris, people really are unhappy with how the new league mechanic is going. We've had to fix so many bugs already, we gotta do something to make it better."

Random Dev#2: "Hey guys! Ok so, after ignoring the playerbase for 5 weeks straight, I think we figured out the issues with our new engine update. Should we prioritize working on a f-..."

Chris: "Remove taunt and make Knockback useless in TOTA."

See you in the next episode of "GGG's Headquarters" with Chris Wilson&Co; How people's rigs turned into firepits, and GGG's plans to buff titanic shell mobs in TOTA!
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Aug 25, 2023, 10:33:46 PM
yeah, its like playing PoE on my laptop on runescape settings 11 years ago. except i have a 970 that should be overkill to run PoE on all minimum settings, and was at 40-70%cpu load last league. now it sits at 90%+ CPU load and i get fereze frames for 5-20seconds at least once every 30mins.
let us lower goddamn particle settings. we WANT to play, but you wont let us make it smooth.
RTX 3080Ti, i3-10100F 3.60Ghz, 16Gb RAM, 980 pro SSD on Windows 11

All graphics setting on minimum and my GPU is running at 100% load most of the time while in the game...

Texture issue has been better today, but still some serious optimisation issues with the game.

Im actually worried POE is going to kill my GPU and if it does Im never buying another supporter pack again.

If you cant fix the issues with the games optimisation, can you roll back the patch you did??

Never had any issues like this before and Ive been playing POE since closed beta...

I hope you can fix this asap GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info