3.22 Performance

You guys are complaining about playing on 30-40 fps, but I am trying to farm 5 orbs Deli and I`m getting like 5-10 fps.
Damn, it`s been about 12 years since when I've experienced something like this.
"
dautry wrote:
In terms of performance this has been the worst patch in a long time. Doing heist is pretty comical at times -- all the mtx from people loitering causes all kinds of fun stuff. Artifacts on screen, stutters, server lag ... the league mechanic is fun -- really enjoy the league -- but the performance is below par. Feels like there are some real technical problems with this patch.

Heist is an absolute nightmare now. They need to make the Rogue Harbour your own instance, like ALL the other old league content rooms -- delve, sanctum, menagerie, Tane's lab, and now the ancestor area. I get FPS dips to single digits in the harbour and it gets worse if I open my stash (WTF?), and of course there isn't even a stash in the blueprint planning room you can run off to and hide between contracts/BPs.
no idea what you guys did but the performance is tanked to all hell since this league, as an example I used to level to 100 running beachhead harbinger maps in previous leagues, and there was more or less zero framedips there for example, (makes sense since there ain't that many monsters spawning in the boss arena) fps was pretty much locked to my 120 fps limit there,

but now, on the same hardware, with nothing changed on my side, I lose half my fps or more on the same scenario in the same map just as an example, dropping from 120 fps to ~40-60 ish or worse just fighting a couple rare mobs, doing a simple ritual same thing, lose half my fps and it makes the game super unenjoyable compared to past leagues,

not even gonna mention juiced mapping lol or blight maps, total disaster that.

CPU: i7-9700k
GPU: RTX 2060 driver 536.99 (tried different / older drivers, same thing)
RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhz ddr4
Disk: single 500gb NVME disk

same problem on all 3 renderers, dx11/12/vulkan, out of the 3 vulkan performs the least horribly for what it's worth, tried all the usual stuff like clean windows installs/drivers, deleting shadercaches and letting them rebuild etc etc, nothing helps! as soon as there is even a little bit of density and mobs on screen it is RIP my framerate,

my pc isn't the absolute best but also not the worst, the point is that prior to this league the performance was much, MUCH better in the same scenarios that now completely tanks framerates, on the same hardware, not sure if it is due to new effects/shaders or whatever recently introduced but it really sucks.

cheers!

edit: forgot to say i'm obviously running all lowest graphic quality settings, 1080p resolution, even dropping to 1680x1050 or 1280x720 makes zero difference in these scenarios lol, something is REALLY messed up at the moment :S
Last edited by secret_service86 on Sep 30, 2023, 7:25:58 PM
confirm bump .. pls GGG
Yep, what the previous poster said. I'm running the exact same spec, except more RAM (32gb).

Now the "funny" part, I can't run the game at all. It's like I'm playing on a 20 year old machine running around with sub 30fps and complete freezes whenever something moves. Shaders are all the same. Shadercache does not save any assets. Every instance I get constant freezes and stuttering due to shaderload. CPU/GPU is overheating, power consumption is through the roof. Low graphic settings do NOT do anything. Multithreading is broken. Dynamic Resolution/Culling is broken.

Feels like I'm playing (except I can't play) some amateur-made unoptimized $1 game on Steam. The fact that nothing is done to resolve these issues is straight up ridiculous for a company the size of GGG. An absolute shameful display, and I totally regret the supporter pack I spent money on last league. I feel ripped off.
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Sep 28, 2023, 11:44:03 AM
"
SpitBlood wrote:
I have never crashed in Path of Exile until the latest patch. Whatever was released today has caused my game to crash about every 5 minutes.
Freaking same dude, every 10 minutes here when I open a strongbox or find a breach or when I enter the map the game freezes. One of these things happens approximately every 10 minutes. When I'm in my hideout the game is smooth.

This started to happen after (3.22.1b Hotfix)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432786

The day this problem started I saw that this thread about 3.22 was bumped, but in fact the problem started when 3.22.1b was released.
You can go back to the pages and check the dates and times.

Edit: I hope GGG reads this because if they do they will probably find the problem soon.
📦
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/rhzfyj/please_ggg_allow_master_missions_be_traded_with/
✅ https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/paymx2/suggestion_stack_on_map_device_so_you_just_put/
Last edited by GnomoCS on Sep 28, 2023, 2:39:21 PM
"
GnomoCS wrote:
"
SpitBlood wrote:
I have never crashed in Path of Exile until the latest patch. Whatever was released today has caused my game to crash about every 5 minutes.
Freaking same dude, every 10 minutes here when I open a strongbox or find a breach or when I enter the map the game freezes. One of these things happens approximately every 10 minutes. When I'm in my hideout the game is smooth.

This started to happen after (3.22.1b Hotfix)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432786

The day this problem started I saw that this thread about 3.22 was bumped, but in fact the problem started when 3.22.1b was released.
You can go back to the pages and check the dates and times.

Edit: I hope GGG reads this because if they do they will probably find the problem soon.

True, people have been pointing to this patch for a while. Also, the most noticeable thing everyone described happening when experiencing the performance issues was the F1 shader graph going crazy.

My biggest worry right now is that they technically already know the cause, but there is nothing they can do about it.
Maybe some inherent property of the new engine causes it to just not be compatible with some types of GPUs on a fundamental level.
Frame drops when opening legion weren't that bad for like 10 or more leagues.
CPU usage spikes to 90%+. Even normal mapping isn't comfortable.
I ran 8 mod maps with deli+legion+boxes+beyond+harbi and i don't wanna do that anymore.
You're lucky if you see more that 3 fps while fighting two harbi bosses at once.
Both DX12 and Vulkan are the same. DX11 was worse in every way since 3.15.
Here's an example of cpu usage in one orb map. Without deli it's slightly better.
Check 0:42 and 1:55.
1660ti, r5 3600, 16gb 3600 ram.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yRMoA_MvBI
Last edited by whood on Sep 29, 2023, 2:16:36 AM
"
no idea what you guys did but the performance is tanked to all hell since this league, as an example I used to level to 100 running beachhead harbinger maps in previous leagues, and there was more or less zero framedips there for example, (makes sense since there ain't that many monsters spawning in the boss arena) fps was pretty much locked to my 120 fps limit there,

but now, on the same hardware, with nothing changed on my side, I lose half my fps or more on the same scenario in the same map just as an example, dropping from 120 fps to ~40-60 ish or worse just fighting a couple rare mobs, doing a simple ritual same thing, lose half my fps and it makes the game super unenjoyable compared to past leagues,

It is their new particle system that has ruined your performance and has killed up to a half FPS for everyone. If someone could run this game @ 200fps or so well, now maybe @ 100fps only and even then extra juiced maps might drain that even further.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
"

It is their new particle system that has ruined your performance and has killed up to a half FPS for everyone. If someone could run this game @ 200fps or so well, now maybe @ 100fps only and even then extra juiced maps might drain that even further.

oh shit you are absolutely right, went through recent patch notes and saw they snuck this in at end of sanctum league in patch 3.21.2 (24th july 2023):

"3.21.2 Patch Notes

This patch contains further improvements to Path of Exile's engine.

Engine and Graphics Improvements

Replaced Path of Exile's particle system with Path of Exile 2's GPU-based system. This allows more complex effects and offloads particle calculations to the GPU, which is designed for parallel tasks like this. This will slightly improve or slightly worsen particle rendering performance depending on whether you were CPU-bound or GPU-bound before.

Added a new Triple-Buffering Graphics Option. Enabling this can offer better framerate stability and is recommended for slower GPUs. Double-Buffering is used when this option is Disabled, which can offer less input latency, and is recommended for faster GPUs."

(link to notes: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3406424)

damn, seems like a lot of players commenting in the patch notes thread with how their performance got nuked after the update,

and "slightly worsen" man what a joke, losing half the fps compared to before in same situations on same hardware is not what I would say slightly worsen, triple buffering doesn't make any difference either sadly, oh well it is what it is I guess, to get back to same performance as before will need a huge pc upgrade most likely :/

Last edited by secret_service86 on Oct 2, 2023, 11:25:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info