3.22 Performance

"
Lonesong wrote:
- Game is not responsive, feels clunky

Triple-Buffering causes that. Try turning it off for better responsiveness. But yeah, the game is bricked no doubt.
Seeing the scale of the phenomenon, they should at least make a commercial offer, like giving the kirac's vault pass free for this season.
We all put money in the game, many of us play and support it sinces years.
The way they don't address the community (although this has become the norm these days) is a lack of respect on the part of the players who have supported them directly or indirectly all this time.

Personally, I'm averaging 20fps and 5fps in delirium/blight/mines and other joys... with an rf build, it's still playable lol...
When I watch streams, I'd really like my game to be just half as fluid as theirs...

EDIT:
As said above, disabling Triple-buffering and enabling "engine multithreading" made me gain in hideout 10/15fps (I was at 40/45 and now I flirt with 60)

It's still painful on maps, but it can help. Thx for the tip
Last edited by Upsilla on Aug 26, 2023, 3:13:34 PM
"
Upsilla wrote:
Seeing the scale of the phenomenon, they should at least make a commercial offer, like giving the kirac's vault pass free for this season.
We all put money in the game, many of us play and support it sinces years.
The way they don't address the community (although this has become the norm these days) is a lack of respect on the part of the players who have supported them directly or indirectly all this time.

Personally, I'm averaging 20fps and 5fps in delirium/blight/mines and other joys... with an rf build, it's still playable lol...
When I watch streams, I'd really like my game to be just half as fluid as theirs...

EDIT:
As said above, disabling Triple-buffering and enabling "engine multithreading" made me gain in hideout 10/15fps (I was at 40/45 and now I flirt with 60)

It's still painful on maps, but it can help. Thx for the tip

Yeah, it really is sad to see how GGG isn't doing anything to help. Yes, they have acknowledged the issues in their live-updates thread after 4 weeks of complete silence since this engine update went live, but considering that this part of the forum is called "Technical Support", it is mindblowing to me that there are literally ZERO posts from GGG employees to actually "Support" their playerbase with tips or bandaids to the current issues. Nothing.

When the community has to help eachother out and the company running this game is seemingly completely abandoning us here, something really isn't right. The work on PoE2 certainly can't be an excuse. It's just sad.
"
SloppyJoker wrote:
"
Lonesong wrote:
- Game is not responsive, feels clunky

Triple-Buffering causes that. Try turning it off for better responsiveness. But yeah, the game is bricked no doubt.

:O Thanks ! Didn't know that
Similar story to others, the frame time spikes and stuttering has caused issues for me this league compared to prior leagues (tested on two different systems with different hardware but ultimately the same experience with spikes and stuttering).

The temperature spikes (for me, CPU specifically) have also been my main concern when loading a map or into a town. I am seeing higher max temperature spikes during this loading phase.

With HWiNFO, my CPU usage charts show the only time I hit 100% usage when I am loading into towns. The heavily used CPU cores are around 30-50% usage outside of these instances.

I dont understand why did they touch the engine when it was good? Why try to fix something that isnt broken? Why not test it properly before changing something like this OR give us the option to chose between this and the old engine? And why there wasnt a plan B for situtation like this (since most/many people have serious issues even with high end rigs) like okay lets roll the patch back and deploy again if its fixed fully.

I love how GGG always "extensively" tests everything then turns out its a mess. Sorry but im mad i had no issues before and now stutter, long load time, dense mob packs feels awful.
So I guess we're not allowed to contact support for technical issues, we have to post them here? But we're getting any help at all here. So WTF are we supposed to do?

Ignoring the problem won't make it go away GGG.

Not only can I not even log in 1/2 the time (from ANY gateway) but when I do manage to get on I get kicked either within a few minutes or a few seconds. It just keeps getting worse. Please Just say you have read the posts so at least we know there may be hope. Because at this point I'm seriously disgruntled at what has been my favorite game for a very long time, and it sucks.

The only thing that's changed is you guys updating the game. And I keep seeing tiny stealth downloads on the launcher and somehow it keeps getting worse not better.
Well, GGG cares about player numbers, I give them the only feedback, that I can. I will check it next league.
Huge performance issues since this patch, before Tota I was stable 60 everywhere except in the most juiced of maps. Since tota even a regular map is dropping me to 30 fps. With blight tanking me to 10fps or lower. It is utterly unplayable.
5900x / 3080ti here. FPS going as low as 12 (all settings set to LOW!!!). Using spark in my pretty much naked hideout lowers the framerate below 30.
CPU temperature constantly very high. The game is unplayable
Last edited by Spelac on Aug 27, 2023, 3:52:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info