3.22 Performance

"
SlomoStee wrote:
RTX 3080Ti, i3-10100F 3.60Ghz, 16Gb RAM, 980 pro SSD on Windows 11

All graphics setting on minimum and my GPU is running at 100% load most of the time while in the game...

Texture issue has been better today, but still some serious optimisation issues with the game.

Im actually worried POE is going to kill my GPU and if it does Im never buying another supporter pack again.

If you cant fix the issues with the games optimisation, can you roll back the patch you did??

Never had any issues like this before and Ive been playing POE since closed beta...

I hope you can fix this asap GGG.

I hope they listen to you at least,... looks like you have supported the game more than the over a thousand dollars that I have lol.

Chuter.
"
SlomoStee wrote:

If you cant fix the issues with the games optimisation, can you roll back the patch you did??

+1
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaa1YDLERZQ

"
Is there anyone out there who can hear me?
Anyone out there who can feel me?
Anyone out there?
Is there anyone out there?
Anyone out there?
Anyone out there?

We have an issue!
Houston!
We have a problem!

Kitava ragequitted by crashing my game when I was kicking his ass!
"
SlomoStee wrote:

All graphics setting on minimum and my GPU is running at 100% load most of the time while in the game...

RTX 3080TI... meanwhile my game runs butterly smooth on a 1080 but I crash every 5 minutes... this is the weirdest graphic related bug I ever experienced in a game.

It really feels like its completly random if you have those problems or not.

The weirdest thing is that I could finish the campaing with crashing only 2 or 3 times but now in maps its gets worse every day.

"
Zerber wrote:
"
SlomoStee wrote:

RTX 3080TI... meanwhile my game runs butterly smooth on a 1080 but I crash every 5 minutes... this is the weirdest graphic related bug I ever experienced in a game.

It really feels like its completly random if you have those problems or not.

The weirdest thing is that I could finish the campaing with crashing only 2 or 3 times but now in maps its gets worse every day.

Im not crashing, but I get huge latency spikes when events start and my rig is running flat out to run minimum settings.

It would be good to understand what GGG are doing to fix these issues, but seems to be radio silence from them at the moment :(

Its the worst performance/optimisation in POE over the last 10 years.

Try turning all MTX off, that did help my issue with textures not loading, however its not stopped my GPU from running at 100% load...

Hopefully they address this soon.
Over this last month I can see some improvements but still unplayable.

Started to play this game in April and I could run the game without even knowing what these settings were for until this last patch was released.

Gateway: Paris
Latency: ~20/30ms Ethernet

Specs

Win 10 pro 64bits
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
32gb ddr
Geforce GTX 970
SSD and both sw & drivers up to date

Problems:
- Seems my entire PC needs to be dedicated to POE
- Huge fps drops
- GPU temperature increases by 30 degrees
- Can't play without vsync or capping foreground fps. GPU usage goes to 100%
- Loading times (have improved a bit during this month)
- Game is not responsive, feels clunky
- Shaders seem constantly dancing
- Disabling multithreading results in lower resource usage but lower frame rates

Standing in delve:

Task manager:

Settings:

Last edited by Lonesong on Aug 26, 2023, 10:16:19 AM
Yeah, it looks like I'm putting PoE down until this is resolved(IF it gets resolved). I'm not going to build a whole new setup just for the chance that a game this old will run on it. They completely broke the game for so many people without so much as an acknowledgment. I had their back even for the Lake of Kalandra league, but this is inexcusable.
"
krackhed999 wrote:
Yeah, it looks like I'm putting PoE down until this is resolved(IF it gets resolved). I'm not going to build a whole new setup just for the chance that a game this old will run on it. They completely broke the game for so many people without so much as an acknowledgment. I had their back even for the Lake of Kalandra league, but this is inexcusable.

To be fair, we did get:

"
Aug 23, 2023 5:07 PM (PDT) - We're working on fixes to some performance and engine issues and will try to get this out as soon as we can.

but their communication hasn't exactly been great during this mess of a patch. They need to hurry up with the promised performance fixes so all of us with issues can know if we can play how we did before this patch broke so much, or if it's time to move on.
Multitude of issues here with games performance.

Ryzen 7 2700X
32GB DDR4 3200
Radeon 7900XT
1TB M.2 Samsung 980 Pro
Latest CPU/GPU Drivers/Windows Updates

CPU Latency Stuttering every 1-2 seconds, spikes of 200ms+, make the game incredibly frustrating to play with the constant millisecond pauses. These spikes still happen when the client is not the foreground application although only around 15-20ms rather than the 200ms+.

These CPU latency spikes also cause the frame time to increase rapidly from 17ms to 24ms (I cap my frame rate at 60fps, the same issue happens with uncapped frame rate of 150fps+), which causes the stuttering gameplay issues, most importantly though these frame time spikes do not happen when the client is in the background.

Blank title screen when starting the game sometimes, when this happens I can expect the game to crash within 5-10 minutes of play.

My most recent crash gave me an error message with "vkAcquireNextImageKHR" or something along those lines.

I have tried DX11/DX12 and Vulkan (Vulkan crashes the least)

Over all performance is worse than prior patches, even with a significant GPU upgrade (5700XT 8GB to 7900XT 20GB)

Last edited by MadMossy on Aug 26, 2023, 3:51:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info