3.22 Performance

BTW, I noticed something really weird...

My CPU is heavily hammered when I play PoE. GPU reports usage as very high too. But the GPU frequency is only 210 MHz. Instead of the usual 1800-1900. It's actually idling in that regard. Perhaps the CPU is too busy to make the GPU busy enough?
"
Spelac wrote:
BTW, I noticed something really weird...

My CPU is heavily hammered when I play PoE. GPU reports usage as very high too. But the GPU frequency is only 210 MHz. Instead of the usual 1800-1900. It's actually idling in that regard. Perhaps the CPU is too busy to make the GPU busy enough?

Yeah, it's weird. The patch was supposed to shift more work from the CPU to the GPU, but it seems to have done the opposite for a lot of people.
2080TI, MSI with an i7. All other games run perfectly fine, while this new league, or whatever patch, is a stuttering pain in the but. Can't progress high tier content.

Hope they find a fix. Figured I would post so they might understand it's happening and needs a solution.

Gonna romance KArlach while waiting.
+1
I've also noticed that i have more sputtering when i play with a locked framerate (even though it's supposed to be the other way around).
Weird.
I'm playing on ROG Zephyrus DUO 15 gaming laptop. (Ryzen 9 5900HX, 3080RTX Laptop, 32GB RAM)

Laptop is connected to 29" ultrawide LG monitor that has 75Hz refresh rate.

Last league I was playing on high details and both my GPU and CPU didn't go over 65 degrees.

This league however I had first restart due to overheating while playing and it was in PoE.

Atm, I've set everything to low, locked the FPS at 60 even changed the resolution to 1920x1080 and temperatures are barely below 75. At this time I'm afraid that game will damage my laptop permanently and am hesitating to even play it.

I'm playing Elden Ring, Armored Core on high details and temperature never goes over 70 degrees.

Please fix this. How can a 10 years old game put so much strain on the hardware.
Up...

Since performance issues still persist. Hotfix didn't do anything for the constant shader load, loading times in general, hardware overheating...and so on.
Msi HD7870 Hawk and Fx4330
Today i got an update for 200mb and my game got fpslocked on 24 fps when im using Vulkan. When im changing to Dx11(What works so bad for my Pc) it's all Ok, if im changing to Dx12, it's fpslocked on 14-18fps(randomly). Im nothing change in my Pc or settings from prev days. Please FIX
Still getting 30 second loading time for towns and 10 second load on hideouts which is laughable considering it was 3-4 seconds for the past few leagues.

And still we have no official acknowledgement of this horrendous downgrade in performance.
"
done with the league til the fps problems are fixed. cya.

How about looking for solutions...since there are plenty of ways to try and fight the issue.
So calm down, and tackle the issue like an adult.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info