Frametimes & multithreading 3.21.2 => 3.22 => 3.23

No change to this issue Patch 3.22.1 bug still persist
After recent patches vulcan got worse for me, sometimes its just client crash, sometimes its gpu driver crash which affects other things, not only poe client, which is really annoying.

So lets try dx11.

This is boss room, map is almost cleared (13 delirium monsters remaining, went to 0 when fog was gone)

I'M STILL LOADING SHADERS IN THE BOSS ROOM after map is cleared. And i did 3-5 beaches with deli mirr prior, its not first map of the day. Shader bar is permanently "full".

Vulcan not playable, dx11 works like shit, ty for amazing engine improvement patch which you are not able to fix one month+ later.

same pc 4670k, 1060 6gb, 8gb ram, samsung 860 ssd, win7
Last edited by brzroman on Sep 12, 2023, 6:51:18 AM
My system: I5-3570k, rtx 1060 6Gb, ram 24Gb, ivy bridge

Game was unplayable with cpu latency spikes. No tricks or configuration worked in any way.
I turned off multithreading but something is odd, maybe more linked to proc Cstate power management.

In my case multithreading seems fully functional even if it's deactivated in game, all threads seems to be actives and game is very smooth and playable even with all graphic options turned to maximum, not testedin Delve bu there is now absolutely no lag with all options to max when leveling.

All thread are betwin 40%-60% or 80% when loading map and my graphic card is now 70% to 95% depends of graphic options (30% before). Thats why I don't feel multithreading is really deactivated.

I think my cstate is active in bios but global core frequencies factor is 40x (base throttle 3.40mhz), very close to cores limit, maybe more, I do that some day because of any reason. Maybe that can be linked to latency spikes.

Maybe my cstate don't work fully with this settings, but POE multithreading seems to not work properly too, all my core are functional even if multithreading is off.

This problem was allways here for me, I was forced to lower my graphics options on several precedent leagues to activate multithreading, maybe I even up my cores factor to 40x beacause of this. I had a 750ti years ago and it's the first time I can see the potential of my 1060gb that can handle all the graphical option at full.
Last edited by Krayone on Sep 15, 2023, 7:59:22 AM
Up.

Issues still persist.

i7-9700, RTX 2060, 32gb RAM. Every other game runs smooth without any issues at all.

- Multithreading seems broken
- Constant shaderload makes game unplayable (for me)
- Dynamic Resolution/Culling not working properly (not scaling down properly to hit target framerate)
- Hardware being worn out since engine update (Heat, CPU/GPU load and power consumption)

Personally, my biggest issue is with the shader. No matter what renderer I use, nothing seems to stay in the shadercache. Skills, visuals, mobs...basically everything is constantly re-loading when entering a new instance (maps). It's literally impossible to play the game as I get constant freezes and stuttering since the new engine update went live ~2 months ago.

Really frustrating not being able to play my favourite game anymore due to a single patch that ruined everything for probably thousands of players. Most recent "shader load fix" for skills and whatnot did NOT do anything for me.

Cheers...

Last edited by SloppyJoker on Sep 22, 2023, 2:26:05 PM
"
SloppyJoker wrote:
Every other game runs smooth without any issues at all.

- Multithreading seems broken
- Constant shaderload makes game unplayable (for me)
- Dynamic Resolution/Culling not working properly (not scaling down properly to hit target framerate)
- Hardware being worn out since engine update (Heat, CPU/GPU load and power consumption)

Personally, my biggest issue is with the shader. No matter what renderer I use, nothing seems to stay in the shadercache. Skills, visuals, mobs...basically everything is constantly re-loading when entering a new instance (maps). It's literally impossible to play the game as I get constant freezes and stuttering since the new engine update went live ~2 months ago.

Really frustrating not being able to play my favourite game anymore due to a single patch that ruined everything for probably thousands of players. Most recent "shader load fix" for skills and whatnot did NOT do anything for me.

Cheers...

Same, to all of this. The shader issue is insane -- I can do a wing of grand heist and come back out of the wing and the floor tiles have to redownload and draw in -- I was just in the area two minutes ago. Rogue Harbour often crashing or giving 2 FPS, no matter the renderer or settings. Done pack check, shaders on SSD, did the whole delete and wait for them to repopulate. 2 FPS with a 6600 XT in a 10+ year old game, come on. Dynamic Resolution/culling no longer works. Power draw now higher than ever only in this game, for no reason other than to run the worst it ever has. Multithreading causing spiking. It's all so broken and it was 100% fine before the "performance patch".
I am having the same issue.

Was able to play Crucible nice and smooth.

Something in 3.22 messed everything up. I lag out/crash/lock up for 5+ seconds.

Somehow the performance issues got worse the deeper into the atlas I got, and after killing ubers, it became unplayable. Doesn't make sense to me.
Last edited by jehe on Sep 22, 2023, 6:24:50 PM
Still having multithreading issues, same as month ago. C-states disabled. Feels smooth without MT. Temp is totally fine. I have no idea what to do. 1 month of some voodoo workarounds and nothing helps.
"
Inscaped wrote:
Still having multithreading issues, same as month ago. C-states disabled. Feels smooth without MT. Temp is totally fine. I have no idea what to do. 1 month of some voodoo workarounds and nothing helps.

You tried the background trick? you can use any website that utilize your CPU so it won't go into that state and the game will perform normal

here is another example take this website

https://pixelsfighting.com/

You can run this on any browser with hardware acceleration on or off both works it will mostly use your CPU for processing but not too much however it fixes path of exile engine yes i know it's funny but it works as long as it's the active tab in the background it will have it's effect.

Same case with the website i previewed before it was more of a 3D website but works the same way.

Still waiting on this fix they did fix it before on older patches no idea why it came back this league, it sounds like an easy fix but you know coding is never easy when you have it working on some machines and others have problems so is one of the hard bugs to pin down.

Extra Info from coding perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaDkV0itbM
https://youtu.be/c6XgXY5eM-Y
Last edited by Ramymn on Sep 24, 2023, 9:11:06 PM
Up.

Do something, please.
"
Ramymn wrote:
"
Inscaped wrote:

You tried the background trick? you can use any website that utilize your CPU so it won't go into that state and the game will perform normal

here is another example take this website

https://pixelsfighting.com/

You can run this on any browser with hardware acceleration on or off both works it will mostly use your CPU for processing but not too much however it fixes path of exile engine yes i know it's funny but it works as long as it's the active tab in the background it will have it's effect.

Same case with the website i previewed before it was more of a 3D website but works the same way.

Still waiting on this fix they did fix it before on older patches no idea why it came back this league, it sounds like an easy fix but you know coding is never easy when you have it working on some machines and others have problems so is one of the hard bugs to pin down.

Extra Info from coding perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaDkV0itbM
https://youtu.be/c6XgXY5eM-Y
Sadly it didn't help, but I got the game to somewhat playable state after disabling MT. The thing is according to CPU usage game is still using 40+ threads and all cores even without MT. I don't get it honestly, but my rig is too old to try anything at this point. I'm done with the game until I'll be able to get new PC and that won't happen any time soon. Thank you for help tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info