Frametimes & multithreading 3.21.2 => 3.22 => 3.23

"
Inscaped wrote:
"
Ramymn wrote:
"
Inscaped wrote:
Still having multithreading issues, same as month ago. C-states disabled. Feels smooth without MT. Temp is totally fine. I have no idea what to do. 1 month of some voodoo workarounds and nothing helps.

You tried the background trick? you can use any website that utilize your CPU so it won't go into that state and the game will perform normal

here is another example take this website

https://pixelsfighting.com/

You can run this on any browser with hardware acceleration on or off both works it will mostly use your CPU for processing but not too much however it fixes path of exile engine yes i know it's funny but it works as long as it's the active tab in the background it will have it's effect.

Same case with the website i previewed before it was more of a 3D website but works the same way.

Still waiting on this fix they did fix it before on older patches no idea why it came back this league, it sounds like an easy fix but you know coding is never easy when you have it working on some machines and others have problems so is one of the hard bugs to pin down.

Extra Info from coding perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaDkV0itbM
https://youtu.be/c6XgXY5eM-Y
Sadly it didn't help, but I got the game to somewhat playable state after disabling MT. The thing is according to CPU usage game is still using 40+ threads and all cores even without MT. I don't get it honestly, but my rig is too old to try anything at this point. I'm done with the game until I'll be able to get new PC and that won't happen any time soon. Thank you for help tho.

Yea sadly the workarounds and settings is not really an ideal solution it might work for some but not for everyone, you just have to test and see.

which is something i found after further testing on my machine, i tried the latest Nvidia drivers (537.58) which worked pretty good but the frame latency was too jumpy, so i decided to downgrade to an older driver (528.02) based on some online recommendation people who benchmark various driver versions and compare results, they say is the best general driver for better latency and FPS overall (obviously this may varies per hardware specs), so i decided to give it a go and test myself, it didn't solve the in game bug with the CPU latency jump but with the background trick i showed before the CPU latency was more stable than latest driver.

Another side tweak i test was Win32PrioritySeparation, this is more of a PC overall tweak and the value of this/results require testing to see which one is better for your machine, and after testing the value of 2a (hexadecimal) was pretty good for path of exile and other titles it gave slight more FPS overall

here is a guide on this keep it in mind changing this value takes effect right away so you can change it while in game and see the results

https://youtu.be/ZzEwbjkfRK0

Edit: Also the dynamic resolution is not working on either drivers it never kicks in for me the FPS can go below target frame without any sighs of downscale but that's a different bug.
Last edited by Ramymn on Oct 16, 2023, 10:51:15 AM
So 3.21.2 was engine "improvement" patch.

This is how "improved assets storage & loading" 3.22.2 patch looks

(its veritania arena)

As always, its not first time entering conqueror maps, i did one or two rotations prior to making screenshots.

I really enjoy 30+sec loading times into maps. If you enter same area multiple times, it gets worse. GJ !
"
brzroman wrote:
So 3.21.2 was engine "improvement" patch.

This is how "improved assets storage & loading" 3.22.2 patch looks

(its veritania arena)

As always, its not first time entering conqueror maps, i did one or two rotations prior to making screenshots.

I really enjoy 30+sec loading times into maps. If you enter same area multiple times, it gets worse. GJ !

:DDD

Looks nice, the way PoE is meant to be played :)
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Well, with DX11 and dynamic resolution, I got it to not freeze, which is good.
Half the time I'm basically playing Path of Exile: Wolfenstein 3D edition, which is not good... but it's something.
Well, never mind. Back to the 15s lag fest. I guess the planetary alignment only lasted for that one evening.
I noticed that the lag also affected the sound, so I figured what if the problem is actually caused by the sound, and the rendering stutter is just a byproduct?
I found a few posts about turning off sound completely, and then selectively in the settings affecting performance.

So I went to production_Config.ini under C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile and set ambient_sound_volume2=false.

This has improved the situation dramatically. Almost no stutter at all.
I'll post an update if this turns out to have been just another fluke.
Last edited by GregoryAdams on Nov 17, 2023, 5:13:40 AM
Just in case it helps someone: The solution to the problem I was experiencing was to disable the NVIDIA High Definition Audio and the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) in the Device Manager, and then just use the standard audio jack of my PC instead of the one in my monitor.
Bump for visibility. Please GGG notice this bug.

+1 for keeping something open in the background.

I've tried everything in this thread [minus c-states], that's the only fix.
Not a single perfomance fix mentioned in 3.23. Neither in patch notes nor in Q&A stream. They are ignoring this multithreading issue that hundreds of people have for quite a while (although I'm pretty sure they are well aware of it). Time to rename this thread into:

Frametimes & multithreading 3.21.2 => 3.2 => 3.23 => PoE2.
"
F1ameghost wrote:
Time to rename this thread

lol i like it, done

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info