Frametimes & multithreading 3.21.2 => 3.22 => 3.23

"
Drinex wrote:
For your problem maybe Turn off vsync, and cap your fps in game options to for example 65-70, over that is just waste if you have 60hz monitor.

Unfortunately brings nothing. As I said it's only since the league before that I've never had any problems. And the problem is increased when I'm in foggy areas, e.g. Twillight Beach Act 6. Or at Burning Ground, etc.

It can't be because of my settings if everything was okay in the last league....
bump
bump
You shouldn't really be running a game like POE just on one core. Would be a different story if POE wasn't so CPU-heavy. GPU usage will be high but POE only uses 1 or 2 GB of VRAM. Even on high-end cards.
"
mrrick1781 wrote:
You shouldn't really be running a game like POE just on one core. Would be a different story if POE wasn't so CPU-heavy. GPU usage will be high but POE only uses 1 or 2 GB of VRAM. Even on high-end cards.

But somehow GPU usage is 100% while CPU usage is 25%.
"
mrrick1781 wrote:
You shouldn't really be running a game like POE just on one core.

its not a solution, because you get good frametimes with single core only in h/o.

thread is here to indicate problem with multithreading - cpu latency, spiky frametimes, and most likely, cpu cores sitting in energy saving state when they shouldnt.
Last edited by brzroman on Aug 21, 2023, 5:50:27 AM
bump
Path of Exile's Engine does not handle CPU-C-States correctly, try playing a video in the background and check your fps again. For me it fixed it a "little bit" not completly.
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
bump
One month since you released "performance" patch. Still no solution.
And you also managed to brick the game for console players.
Impressive negligence.

BTW guys, buy supporter packs, buy stash tabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info