Path of Exile 2 wants to be the Dark Souls of ARPG

"
1453R wrote:

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Religion of Zoom "gameplay" is utterly, 100% unwatchable to anyone who is not, themselves, fully indoctrinated into the Religion of Zoom. If you are not one of Those People, footage of a Religion of Zoom character doing its thing is nothing more than a drug-addled, incomprehensible LSD trip of flashing lights, random sounds, and utter visual chaos. Non-RoZ people watching it would be confused and turned off entirely without having any idea what it was they'd just seen.

[Removed by Support]

True. I have shown POE to several friends, and without exception they laughed and considered it a bad joke. Why? because I shown the > level 80 game play. They basically all asked variations of.. how do you even recognize what enemies are there and which ones to focus or avoid? When I said, I do not... they again joked with thing in the line of " so the game is about dragging your mouse alongside the screen to clear stuff?"

And they were right! That is HORRIBLE impression for new comers.
"
"
1453R wrote:

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Religion of Zoom "gameplay" is utterly, 100% unwatchable to anyone who is not, themselves, fully indoctrinated into the Religion of Zoom. If you are not one of Those People, footage of a Religion of Zoom character doing its thing is nothing more than a drug-addled, incomprehensible LSD trip of flashing lights, random sounds, and utter visual chaos. Non-RoZ people watching it would be confused and turned off entirely without having any idea what it was they'd just seen.

[Removed by Support]

True. I have shown POE to several friends, and without exception they laughed and considered it a bad joke. Why? because I shown the > level 80 game play. They basically all asked variations of.. how do you even recognize what enemies are there and which ones to focus or avoid? When I said, I do not... they again joked with thing in the line of " so the game is about dragging your mouse alongside the screen to clear stuff?"

You are not forced to play 'Religion of Zoom' in Path of Exile. As a matter of fact if you dont copy the cookie-cutter builds of the masochists who engineered them into the finest details and you play a 'regular' simple build, you won't go fast, battles become very tactical and you will get your ass owned pretty fast.

Nothing is set in stone that Path of Exile 2 wont have 'Religion of Zoom' in 5 years because you can be sure that those very same streamers and masochists are going to abuse the mechanics to their extreme to annihilate the game in a matter of miliseconds.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:

You are not forced to play 'Religion of Zoom' in Path of Exile. As a matter of fact if you dont copy the cookie-cutter builds of the masochists who engineered them into the finest details and you play a 'regular' simple build, you won't go fast, battles become very tactical and you will get your ass owned pretty fast.

That is exactly how I play PoE, and I enjoy the boss fights lasting a while, with the outcome in some doubt. But I don't need a whole new game, with a new paradigm for that. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
"
1453R wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Nothing is set in stone that Path of Exile 2 wont have 'Religion of Zoom' in 5 years because you can be sure that those very same streamers and masochists are going to abuse the mechanics to their extreme to annihilate the game in a matter of miliseconds.

I was not arguing on that, I was countering the argument that the good part of the game is the zoom". GGG is a company, as a company they need to make money, if vast majority of POSSIBLE costumers do not play because they see zooming as example of POE, they as a company, need to do something about it.
"
Reinhart wrote:

You are not forced to play 'Religion of Zoom' in Path of Exile.

Yes you are. Ask any nine out of ten of the people in this forum - not going so fast the game can't animate properly anymore? you're not a real PoE player and you should just uninstall the game, then uninstall all your other games, uninstall Steam/your launchers, sell your computer, then sell your house, then go join a nunnery and spend the rest of your life contemplating your unforgiveable sins.

"
Reinhart wrote:

Of course there'll be Religion of Zoom people in Path the Second. The key difference is that - provided Jonathan can be taken at his word - the game won't be specifically and exclusively designed solely for them, the way Path the First is. Forty percent of the game's content won't be locked behind a DPS gate only a tenth of a percent of the game's playerbase will ever be able to hit. Players and monsters both will move in ways the human eye can actually follow and track, and skills will be used on timescales the human brain's reaction and perception speeds can actually keep up with.

"Religion of Zoom" in Path the Second, should they design the game properly, will involve going maybe five or ten times faster than "normal" play. Not several thousand times faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info