Path of Exile 2 wants to be the Dark Souls of ARPG

"
DaCurse wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
This idea is not going to work.... Just watched the Boss presentation.... 10 minutes to kill a normal zone boss.... That's ridiculous. There is 100 Bosses... 100 x 10-15 minutes of dodging and running in tiny arenas for boss fights........ Even a pack of white mobs takes 3-6 hits to clear. Going to take days Just to get through the campaign......

So true, preach, we will forever have 1 link skills and blue items and 10 allocated skill points

Sure, so when will we get a video that shows the full potential of the game? They've been working on this for like 5 years already. Fromsoft churns out complete games faster than this. I get that they want to show off the new features and everything but this isn't terribly exciting.
The end is nigh
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
Negative
Boss fights take too long which makes failing them that much easier. Will be frustrating in the end. Dark Souls players will love it but I am no fan of Dark Souls.

The clients people are playing on at exile con are tuned harder than would be normal, so more health, more damage. and from what it looked like you have a very basic talent tree and unoptimized gear.

Dont shoot the messenger, I am just comparing todays footage with footage of 2019 and there is a noticable difference.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"

Boss fights take too long which makes failing them that much easier

maybe poe2 is more oriented for group play ?

i embrace my character is a pawn because
i enjoy character progression and the journey the game have to offer

broken op god character and 1 shot the boss no thank
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jul 29, 2023, 4:51:44 PM
"
Hosshiun wrote:

Sure, so when will we get a video that shows the full potential of the game? They've been working on this for like 5 years already. Fromsoft churns out complete games faster than this. I get that they want to show off the new features and everything but this isn't terribly exciting.

You won't. Because nobody likes watching Religion of Zoom content. It's actively detrimental to selling the game to show somebody blowing through content without a care in the world, skipping animations entirely and making your game look utterly, mindlessly empty and devoid of challenge or engagement.

Stop expecting Grinding Gear to create a game less engaging than Cookie Clicker, please.
"
1453R wrote:
"
Hosshiun wrote:

You won't. Because nobody likes watching Religion of Zoom content. It's actively detrimental to selling the game to show somebody blowing through content without a care in the world, skipping animations entirely and making your game look utterly, mindlessly empty and devoid of challenge or engagement.

Stop expecting Grinding Gear to create a game less engaging than Cookie Clicker, please.

All I ask for is a single boss battle without any handicaps. Both at their full power, no mobs, no zoom. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
The end is nigh
Path of Exile 2 or Ruthless 2?
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
Ruthless 2 -> this is the way
I had this fear since first ExileCon, and now with a minutes long bossfight in every ... single .. zone, this 100% confirmed it.
I'm not a typical zoomer player, I play relatively slow, but I don't play hack&slash games to hit bullet spunges most of the time. I want to feel powerful and slay tens or hundreds of monsters almost all the time. The '100+ NEW BOSSES' really killed literally every hype I had. I don't want to play Hades 1k hours per year, that is for sure.
The only highlight for me was the stuff that we will be able to do with skills and the passive tree, that's breaths PoE, but all the rest felt so off, it feels way off the game I love right now.
Last edited by leto2626 on Jul 30, 2023, 7:12:50 AM
Dark souls bosses die about as fast as PoE1 ones when played by players that optimise.

Also again guys they won't show optimised gameplay they never have including for PoE1 because it isn't viable as promotional material, newer/new customers have no idea whats going on - I can look at a chad going through a map with flickerstrike and know exactly whats going on to anybody else I showed they would think it was just a melange of shit.

Existing customers don't need the same type of hooks that new customers need, new customers go wow the monks animations are cool I get to freeze people wow this is great (we think omg slow garbage build with 5 buttons).

Conversely I get excited about customised weapon swap and passive switching which is meaningless to new players because they don't have any concept of what its improving on in the first place.
I think because Dark Souls-type games are so popular on the consoles, that GGG is targeting that demographic. Personally I don't think it fits an ARPG, because like you said, oldschool ARPG players want to mass-slay monsters instead of running and dodging around a boss for minutes. I dont remember having this feeling when I first encountered Merveil back in 2012.

Then again blowing up boss hp has been going on for quite some time now and is something certain POE gameplay devs love to resort to. This was not the case back in 2013 POE.

Also in current POE, not everyone plays it like a zoomer, you can still play it relatively slowly and that way is way more engaging then how it looks in any POE 2 footage.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info