Making two separate games out of your live service game is making me want to play neither.

"
vio wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

PoE 1 deserves...? What about the players who prefer it? Because, as presented PoE II is NOT to the liking of rather quite a few Exiles. Are we to be shuffled off because we don't play the game GGG created correctly? I think if that's the plan, then GGG are counting on catching lightning in a bottle twice, the passion of a new batch of players. But the players they're planning to court may not be as passionate as we dedicated Exiles who have stuck with this one game for a decade.

I'll play PoE 1 until I no longer want to... Or until GGG shuts it down, if that comes first. ='[.]'=

my thinking behind that one: there is a crowd that likes challenging gameplay and one who likes rewards more than challenges. no judging.

if they are given a choice, a majority will play the casual version. that's why hardcore and ruthless are deserted.

to make poe2, which obviously is a "ruthless light", a success, ggg will have to slowly increase motivations to play it, resulting in a slow death of the poe1 population.

I don't think HC or Ruthless can be really dismissed as being low population because challenging. HC is literally way too risky and punishing, you could die due to circumstances outside of your control and lose literally everything you worked on. Not many people would be okay with that, we like progression not regression. Ruthless is just empty. It's just a version without a lot of content. It's a way of adding challenge that's not fun because it removes content and possibility.

Compare that to making the regular trade league 5 times more difficult, I would take that one hundred times over, because then I still have all the possibility space for builds and not be risking my entire progress at every step.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
They don't do that because it means you get players in HC that don't actually want to be there because there isn't a cost associated.

Nor does this enliven the missing part of trade because an overwhelming majority of players will never reach the area where they contribute anything, it just creates a low end circus for garbage gear and potential RMT.

The reason HC is quiet is a very similar reason to why standard is quiet - It is just a secondary mode for GGG all of their balance concerns go into SC. This wasn't always the case HC used to be considered quite heavily when changes were made.

These days league mechanics are always overtuned, boss content is punishing to worse and has a SC specified droprate plus they are heavily weighted towards being modded to make it even harder. It just isn't a game made for HC anymore, HC is an offshoot mode for those few of us that can't play an arpg without consequence or it gets boring.

They are much better keeping SC players in SC where they intend them to be and they can derive the most enjoyment

Spoiler
I really wish we could've come to some agreement on this one over the years, maybe it'l just never happen :P

RMT element doesn't change with the destination in Standard, The RMT economy there is no less alive than in the Leagues.

How is a bunch of driftwood going to affect trade, By your own prediction they won't get far if they're not good enough so they won't have anything to pollute the economy outside of any trash unique they found?

It won't ruin hardcore, It'l do more to save it than anything else that's been done in the last 10 years.

do it GGG and ban me if im wrong.

That's how much i believe in the positive effects of bringing us together rather than dividing your player base.

back on topic somewhat, there's a lot of theory's on when the plans changed but from my perspective those plans were still in place until Sanctum given changes to PoE1 items which prepared them for the new socket system.

If thats true then this was a snap decision made during or just after the development of sanctum league leading up to crucible and ultimately exilecon which is not a very long period of time to make such a massive shift.

Seriously if anyone can explain the socket prep in PoE1 feel free as im pretty darn mad about that Shroud of the Lightless rework, more zoom candy and builds removed from the game unless the PoE2 socket system is added to PoE1
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 3, 2023, 2:31:35 PM
"
albert2006xp wrote:

Compare that to making the regular trade league 5 times more difficult, I would take that one hundred times over, because then I still have all the possibility space for builds and not be risking my entire progress at every step.

yep, that's poe2 as it seems
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
even though I want to play poe 1 much more than I want to play poe 2, I don't think I'll want to play on poe 1's trade league when poe 2 is released, because it'll be way harder to buy/sell stuff due to the decreased population. and poe 2 doesn't even look like the path of exile we've known for years.
Last edited by auspexa on Aug 3, 2023, 5:32:28 PM

Thanks GGG! i got 35GB of drive space to fill with clips of opossums eating stuff!
Bonus celebratory opossum eating stuff: https://youtu.be/vhOGKAq_rOQ so cute

Seriously for the last 10 years this game has taken priority over EVERY other game until now.

what a strange feeling to see it uninstalled.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 3, 2023, 6:02:41 PM
"

Thanks GGG! i got 35GB of drive space to fill with clips of opossums eating stuff!
Bonus celebratory opossum eating stuff: https://youtu.be/vhOGKAq_rOQ so cute

Seriously for the last 10 years this game has taken priority over EVERY other game until now.

what a strange feeling to see it uninstalled.

Sorry to seeya go. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
auspexa wrote:
even though I want to play poe 1 much more than I want to play poe 2, I don't think I'll want to play on poe 1's trade league when poe 2 is released, because it'll be way harder to buy/sell stuff due to the decreased population. and poe 2 doesn't even look like the path of exile we've known for years.

Aka for someone that think trade is mandatory to have a healthy economy to enjoy PoE at all, the game is basically doomed unless it massively overtakes PoE2 in popularity and essentially kills it. PoE2 has to die for PoE to have a chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info