I'm sick of zoom meta. (Speed creep created bad combat and game balance)

no shit loot comes from balance around trade.
and also the aspiration vision. at kalandra they show you the mirror tile to mirror a ring, and in game you almost never see it. you have to buy it. aspiration. youtube clip balancing lol.
L take
"
SerialF wrote:
no shit loot comes from balance around trade.
and also the aspiration vision. at kalandra they show you the mirror tile to mirror a ring, and in game you almost never see it. you have to buy it. aspiration. youtube clip balancing lol.

I think it's a two-prong issue, trade + speed creep.
The floor for generating drops is quite high.

there has also been item power creep pretty steadily, but I personally feel ramping up since Atlas of Worlds expansion.
Last edited by Kaboinglefop on Jul 15, 2023, 10:51:35 AM
Kind of true. The combat is meh because everything is deleted with one click and monsters overtuned because there is no other way to combat fast clearspeed. Also nobody picks up loot because it takes time and against the speed clear mentality wihch is a big issue when it comes to trying to find upgrades.

Basically the entire game is about crafting your own gear or buying it. No upgrades comes from ground loot anymore once you start mapping. Only pick up bases and roll the stats yourself.

I have been saying for years that clear speed meta has brought a lot of issues to the game but it is just so integrated into PoE's DNA that they can't do anything with it.
Last edited by Ispita on Jul 24, 2023, 3:54:52 AM
"
Ispita wrote:
Kind of true. The combat is meh because everything is deleted with one click and monsters overtuned because there is no other way to combat fast clearspeed. Also nobody picks up loot because it takes time and against the speed clear mentality wihch is a big issue when it comes to trying to find upgrades.

Basically the entire game is about crafting your own gear or buying it. No upgrades comes from ground loot anymore once you start mapping. Only pick up bases and roll the stats yourself.

I have been saying for years that clear speed meta has brought a lot of issues to the game but it is just so integrated into PoE's DNA that they can't do anything with it.

absolutely, but now that the games are being separated, I think GGG acknowledges and will rectify it. fingers crossed.
your watch is over op

you can roll and roll and roll with a zdps build like the dark soul games you enjoy now
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:
your watch is over op

you can roll and roll and roll with a zdps build like the dark soul games you enjoy now

Very excited. Everyone wins!
'A lot of the combat has lost its meaning. I don't like dps checks, I like mechanics checks.'

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spot-light
Losing my faith in bald developers
Trying to keep up with meta
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough
Neden yaşıyorsun?
+1 to OP

one of the things that makes Dark Souls great is that you have to be methodical. While you are rewarded for "git<ting> gud", you are still rewarded for being methodical while being punished for being reckless.

I'm not a DS fanboi, but I have been playing DS3 since about a week ago while waiting for Elden Ring DLC to drop. (I know, the "casual" versions of the DS series, right?) I love that the game punishes me for rushing. Even with a glass cannon build, if you're not methodical, you die.

I love many things about POE; but the zoom meta and the low rewards at lower power levels is not one of them.

Which of course is my second and most consisted piece of feedback, the game is not rewarding for solo players at lower power levels. I get that they want to prevent bots from making everything dirt cheap, and I get that the zoomiest group players kill the league boss by the end of the first week. Most players would rather grind for their gear than having to buy it. This is a place that POE has always been weak as compared with other looter games.

...but now I'm way off topic.

I would love for POE2 to be a game that rewards methodical game play and that rewards players play this way.
Oh yeah, now you can leave the zoomers in PoE1 and join the other boomers in PoE2.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info