Diablo Immortal is POE killer

Diablo Immortal is pay to win but you're not paying to win much. All you realistically get is an advantage in the lackluster PvP.

Sure the whales can farm Hell 3 right now but they can't equip any of the items until the server paragon iterates for another 10-15 days. And then once they equip their 6-piece sets there's nothing left. The game is functionally over at that point because there's no other content left to explore in the game.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Diablo Immortal is pay to win but you're not paying to win much. All you realistically get is an advantage in the lackluster PvP.

Sure the whales can farm Hell 3 right now but they can't equip any of the items until the server paragon iterates for another 10-15 days. And then once they equip their 6-piece sets there's nothing left. The game is functionally over at that point because there's no other content left to explore in the game.

ok and what about the 5 star gems that f2p players will never see
I don't think there's a gem power that adds so much fun to the game that it would be worth grinding for but you could build up platinum to buy a 2/5 5-star.

Whales will be the first ones to be able to buy their way into the next 2-minute "raid" boss that they can fight twice a week, once their Helliquary levels up enough. As a reward they'll go from 4,000 to 4,050 combat rating and still have nothing to do. Woo hoo.

The PvP cycle ended tonight and the Immortals were crowned. There's a video on Youtube of what it looks like. Your ultimate reward for whaling successfully in PvP is a temporary buff and the ability to click on a turkey. It will be interesting to see if PvP/shadow stuff fully resets like people are saying. I don't see many people coming back if all progression goes back to 0.
DI got blocked in China for to much P2W. Buahahahahahahhahaha
Hit P30 and put on some Hell 2 gear and actually had a ton of fun running dungeons for set pieces. Got 3/4 with appropriate stats and I will wait til I'm carried up to P45 to hopefully get my final piece which they hand out as a freebie. There was a very cool elite quest that unlocked at P30 but unfortunately that's all there was for the endgame.

Any gear I farm now will be inferior to gear I get a month from now as the catch up mechanism carries me up in paragon. No reason to log in except to get free crest and shadow assembly. All the shadow/immortal stuff started over on Monday and I'm not doing that again unless it's improved. I think I will try to get 100% completion on the Side Quests in each zone even though they're all pretty much identical since I like achievement grinding.

I would've paid $30 for DI if it was actually a game and not a slot machine with poor rewards. Got some solid fun out of it. But my final verdict is that I agree with Chris.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Hit P30 and put on some Hell 2 gear and actually had a ton of fun running dungeons for set pieces. Got 3/4 with appropriate stats and I will wait til I'm carried up to P45 to hopefully get my final piece which they hand out as a freebie. There was a very cool elite quest that unlocked at P30 but unfortunately that's all there was for the endgame.

Any gear I farm now will be inferior to gear I get a month from now as the catch up mechanism carries me up in paragon. No reason to log in except to get free crest and shadow assembly. All the shadow/immortal stuff started over on Monday and I'm not doing that again unless it's improved. I think I will try to get 100% completion on the Side Quests in each zone even though they're all pretty much identical since I like achievement grinding.

I would've paid $30 for DI if it was actually a game and not a slot machine with poor rewards. Got some solid fun out of it. But my final verdict is that I agree with Chris.

I have to admit, I never expected someone with a name like yours to give the 'game' a solid shot, so serious fucking kudos for that. I've been keeping up with your updates and they're consistently informed, measured and rational. You neither defend the game nor condemn it. You just played it until you were personally done and shared your experience. That's commendable.

I agree that Diablo Immortal would be worth paying a little money to play in terms of the campaign were the game not so inherently constructed to sap cash from the weak-willed for so little reward. There's no doubt the game itself cost a lot to make, far more than any other mobile game I've played (which typically make their money by being relatively cheap but addictive in their gambling angles), but we know that BlizzEase have probably more than made it back in daily mtx sales. In that light, I feel a lot less guilty playing it 'for free' than I did Path of Exile, which back in the day really did need the support of early whales and dolphins.

Thanks for your coverage, but I hope it's almost over. Given your final verdict, it seems so. :)

PS Man the news regarding this game's 'delayed launch' in China is fucking fascinating as fuck. I have to wonder if someone sabotaged it from within with the weibo post...or if the crash landing in the West somehow seeped into the Chinese social media sphere and Chinese gamers, usually happy to pay-to-win, are like 'fuck if we are going to subject ourselves to a pay to win game that isn't good enough for the West!'

I'm starting to think that Blizzard pushing DI in the West at all was a big, big mistake. Those of us who might have wanted to try it could have found ways. We always do.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 21, 2022, 10:19:01 PM
"

PS Man the news regarding this game's 'delayed launch' in China is fucking fascinating as fuck. I have to wonder if someone sabotaged it from within with the weibo post...or if the crash landing in the West somehow seeped into the Chinese social media sphere and Chinese gamers, usually happy to pay-to-win, are like 'fuck if we are going to subject ourselves to a pay to win game that isn't good enough for the West!'

I'm starting to think that Blizzard pushing DI in the West at all was a big, big mistake. Those of us who might have wanted to try it could have found ways. We always do.

Blizzard making cash grabbing trash mobile games to sell in China. Even the chinese know what it is. Awful Mobile Games are still Awful.

Made for China with that mindset to fleece them. Do you think the Chinese are morons? Chinese opinion of that game is largely negative and probably more so.

Edit: With regard to the weibo post. An Employee from Blizzard posted it. The post is made from an American IP.

Last edited by awesome999 on Jun 22, 2022, 1:47:19 AM
No...GGG is the POE killer.
"
TBorgezHU3 wrote:
No...GGG is the POE killer.

Ding ding

Give this man a cigar.

/thread
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
P2W is like woke. Hope it dies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info