Diablo Immortal is POE killer

"
kaepae wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm starting to suspect that this whole Diablo Immortal thing was just Blizzard, trying to set the expectation bar of Diablo 4 as low as they possibly could.

Then I soon realize how much money they are going to make on Diablo Immortal, that even Diablo 4 will seem like an indie game in comparison.

They've banked 24 mil already, by comparison about half a mil of sales if price were ~50 bucks. But the revenue will just continue as people keep paying so this will probably be a big financial success.

pcgamesn source 24 mil (< not sure how valid)

Yea I think this will impact D4..

$24M is insanely low for a major title release by a major studio.

Elden Ring made about 28 times more in same period.

Diablo III sold 12M units for about 25 times more in that period (lifetame sales 30M units).

Hearthstone has made $700M since 2014, which is eclipsed by what Elden Ring made since February.

I bet blizzard is getting ready to fire some people if they really only made $24M.
"
trixxar wrote:
"
kaepae wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm starting to suspect that this whole Diablo Immortal thing was just Blizzard, trying to set the expectation bar of Diablo 4 as low as they possibly could.

Then I soon realize how much money they are going to make on Diablo Immortal, that even Diablo 4 will seem like an indie game in comparison.

They've banked 24 mil already, by comparison about half a mil of sales if price were ~50 bucks. But the revenue will just continue as people keep paying so this will probably be a big financial success.

pcgamesn source 24 mil (< not sure how valid)

Yea I think this will impact D4..

$24M is insanely low for a major title release by a major studio.

Elden Ring made about 28 times more in same period.

Diablo III sold 12M units for about 25 times more in that period (lifetame sales 30M units).

Hearthstone has made $700M since 2014, which is eclipsed by what Elden Ring made since February.

I bet blizzard is getting ready to fire some people if they really only made $24M.

Diablo Immortal hasn't opened in China yet--it's target market.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
Immortal is gonna make a disgusting amount of money because mobile games are truly the highest trophy to decadence lol

It pisses me off but as long as some developers want to take the money they earn by producing a quality product and selling it to me I guess it doesn't really matter.

In Blizzard's case too it won't particularly alter their developments because they are a zombie organisation anyway, they increasingly trended towards mobile mechanics in regular games already so no real loss.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jun 18, 2022, 6:40:09 AM
I'm not having fun currently mainly due to game breaking bugs on PC where all of my skills stop working, cant even interact with chests or use fully charged potions.

Can't really reproduce this bug consistently but it appears to show when fighting enemies in the wild and not when spamming skills in town.
Not sure but will play less till they fix it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmortal/comments/v46ap9/is_it_just_me_or_are_the_pc_controls_really_janky/

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo-immortal/23789255/diablo-immortal-known-issues-hotfixes-and-patch-notes-for-pc-open-beta

Anything else that increases Combat Rating than legendary gems / base attributes/resonance(indirectly)?
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 18, 2022, 8:49:52 AM
According to Reddit Quin finally got his 5/5 5-star gem. $25,165 NZD ($15,894 USD) spent. Awful RNG.

You get non-gem Combat Rating mostly from primary stats on your gear. If you're below the CR of the difficulty you're on it's almost always better to just pick whatever items have the highest sum of primary stats no matter what.

You also get 4 CR per level on your main 6 pieces of gear which is from the mats you get from salvaging white/blue/yellow/legendaries and 4 per level of your jewelry/hands/boots which you get from mats from running the Challenge Rifts. Helliquary gives some CR as well but you can only run it twice a week.

The 4 CR per level on gear pieces felt like a meaningful grind early on but now that I'm a point where I'm in the 1,100s and need to get to 1,220 to properly run Hell 2 and it feels really bad. I'm just chilling until the game carries me up to Paragon 30 from 3x daily rifts + shadow assembly and then I should be able to hit 1,220.

Our 90 vs. 90 clan battle this week was 6 vs. 8 people in the first round and 4 vs. 3 people in the loser round. Nobody is left playing the game lol.
"
Chalace2 wrote:

The simple fact is that 10 million+ people actually wanted to try it.
PoE gets MAX 200k, if that, also including bots, for a week every 3/4 months...

youre not comparing like for like, the devs have stated that multiple million accounts play every poe league, even the league last year that people point to as the really bad league no one played had millions, plural millions, of individual accounts sign in and play the league.

that means a minimum of 2 million for the worst attended league in years. the game is 9 years old, how many accounts have been created in those 9 years that didnt play that league at all?

considering path of exile reportedly had over 10 million in 2015, and we are now in 2022... steam charts for 2015 show the peak concurrent players for that year were about 32k, for this year theyre 158k if you want an idea of how many people were playing in 2015 when it had over 10 million accounts compared to now.
Diablo Immortal did one thing. It made other games look better. People are talking now how "reasonable and fair" lost arks and genshin impacts monetizations are compared to diablo immortal.
"
Zerber wrote:
Diablo Immortal did one thing. It made other games look better. People are talking now how "reasonable and fair" lost arks and genshin impacts monetizations are compared to diablo immortal.
I see the opposite, Genshin Impact is often cited as an example of why Diablo Immortal's monetization is successful and the two games are equal in many eyes. It is a predatory game for sure regardless to the degree, I'm willing to admit that as someone that plays it so I can't really criticize DI knowing it would be hypocritical for me to.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:

The simple fact is that 10 million+ people actually wanted to try it.
PoE gets MAX 200k, if that, also including bots, for a week every 3/4 months...

youre not comparing like for like, the devs have stated that multiple million accounts play every poe league, even the league last year that people point to as the really bad league no one played had millions, plural millions, of individual accounts sign in and play the league.

that means a minimum of 2 million for the worst attended league in years. the game is 9 years old, how many accounts have been created in those 9 years that didnt play that league at all?

considering path of exile reportedly had over 10 million in 2015, and we are now in 2022... steam charts for 2015 show the peak concurrent players for that year were about 32k, for this year theyre 158k if you want an idea of how many people were playing in 2015 when it had over 10 million accounts compared to now.

Maybe if they count the hundreds of thousands of bot accounts and alt trade accounts...
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I see the opposite, Genshin Impact is often cited as an example of why Diablo Immortal's monetization is successful and the two games are equal in many eyes. It is a predatory game for sure regardless to the degree, I'm willing to admit that as someone that plays it so I can't really criticize DI knowing it would be hypocritical for me to.

Bad comparison. Diablo Immortal is going above and beyond. Far, far worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info