Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
...make me curious to see how it feels now to play from scratch.

Not much has changed, as long as your goal isn't to just zoom through A1 without thinking. Of course, this is written by a long-term player. But new players don't have anything to compare it to, so there's that. It's fine. Far from dramatic, closer to a trifle.

The other changes are much more hard-hitting, but you won't notice them in A1.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
who cares? streamers promote the game so this may be good. This is not a race, it's just a new league, no trees die when we let the streamers go first.
"
Arthurus wrote:
who cares? streamers promote the game so this may be good. This is not a race, it's just a new league, no trees die when we let the streamers go first.

The Boston Marathon is still a race whether you're running in it or not. There were players who got set back almost half a day who intended very much on racing, but didn't get to b/c they weren't big enough fish in the PoE pond.
looks like that tencent ownership is starting to rear its head.
"
magicspin wrote:

horrific. semms like a blacksmith ripping apart and hammering into a tamplate.
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang
How so? I'd think that Tencent isn't too happy about PoE losing players.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
magicspin wrote:

Who knows what this is, but it's just beyond odd. I can't comprehend how a company can spend over a decade building a game and playerbase, just to turn them around and no-lube them like this, throwing a decade of work in the drain.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
It depends upon what their goals (short term and long term) are.

They could be any or all of these with different priority levels:
-making money
-keeping players involved until POE 2
-retention
-keeping old players
-getting new players
-preparing current players for how POE 2 will "feel" while playing
-testing items to be included, or not, in POE 2
-making current game better

POE 2 will bring back many old players when it launches even if it only to see what they have done. I think we are in a kind of holding pattern until that happens.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
[...]How many of those lost were actual supporters we'll never know, but I'll choose to believe the game's mostly just shed some freeloader and tourist fat by increasing the difficulty incline from the get-go. Hard not to see that as a healthy move, IF shedding fat is the goal and not simply bearing the appearance of an unstoppable juggernaut.[...]

Well i'm surely not a freeloader, so thats at least one "big" spender not paying nor playing this league.
I'm not skipping because of slower gameplay, but because the league feels boring and the patch makes it less fun to play.
And of course a multitude of contradicting game design choices.

At least i'm not a naysayer like so many others. I'm happy to provide my personal feedback (not that i EXPECT anyone from GGG to care about my opinion) and see what future leagues may bring to the table.

Happy to play (and support) a league that has an exciting mechanic and feels good to play :)
Does this issue resurface in the current patch or not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info