Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

Personal opinion, if you were a massive streamer i would have been okay with it... IF and only IF GGG would have disclosed that since there was no race this league they were going to give priority to certain individuals who have been paid to play for promotional purpose like Shroud.

The fact they didnt disclose this and the fact that they went into streams and told them instead of explicitly stating it in an announcement is what doesnt sit right with me. If they would have done this in a more professional manner i would have been accepting of it.

Im willing to accept the apology on this, especially since it was a genuine server issue and they explicitly state they wont give priority again. This being the case means we need to hold them accountable as a community here after.

For me this is the perfect league to relearn the game and catch up on 4 years of missed content. I dont want a reset at this point, if they were going to reset it, it shouldve been 3-4 hours in. Its way past that point and my character has already made a shit ton of currency and im not even in maps yet. Im literally in Act 3 with like 100+ chaos~equiv already and i havent even gotten trade whispers yet. I dont even want a reset at this point because my progression for the league is already pretty deep and im sure most feel the same regardless of having a bad start.

Though i do think if they do find anyone who legitimately did duplicate intentionally they should be publically named and shamed, banned. [Removed by Support]
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Apr 18, 2021, 7:38:57 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Dear, GGG, if you didn't like a comment, please by all mean, delete it or just hide it. Don't edit the comment.

Thanks.
Friendship with Path Of Exile has ended. Now [Insert a video game title here] is my best friend.
Last edited by namikazemaru on Apr 18, 2021, 7:52:31 AM
To me this lapse in integrity degrades the E-Sports aspect of PoE. If GGG is willing to put their thumb on the scale for allowing easier access to servers, it’s not so outrageous to think that they can add priority to drops for certain accounts as well.

Also if their business model has switched to producing compelling drama filled streams what’s to stop them from hitting a button and one-shoting a popular racer early to add the tension of a come from behind victory. Or to just flat out eliminate a non-streamer at a key point in a race.

How can we trust that a timely six-link or key build making unique dropping in a 50 hour play session wasn’t produced for television? If GGG can manipulate access they can manipulate just about anything that happens in their world.

What has happened here shatters the illusion that the servers are a fair and level playing field and that any of the events that are associated with money or prizes could be scripted as easily as professional wrestling match.

Actions like streamer’s skipping a queue is as bad as allowing professional athletes to gamble money on the outcomes of the sports that they play. In this case it wasn’t’ a group of rogue players that tried to get away with it, but the commissioner of the sport itself.

I am not angry at what GGG has done I am just disappointed. Be better. Have integrity and own when you have screwed up and not in some spin doctor post. Actions when you have the agency to make things right speak louder and resonate more than empty rhetoric.

Last edited by cacmeister on Apr 18, 2021, 9:52:50 AM
"
NeoG wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
Sadly, have to agree with Phrazz and Charan here.

All the good intentions fly out of the window when you get caught fucking up so badly.
Preparing "priority servers", labeling player accounts to know which ones belong to Streamers... all indicate an approach which is advertisment at the expense of the players.
Only Chris knows what kind of other benefits or tricks have been implemented to that end.

That's not the GGG from 7-8 years ago...

hahaha finally you wake up

I'm a long time fan so to me this feels more like a nightmare than a wake up call.

Old PoE was brutal Communism - it didn't matter if you are Kripp the Streamer or Charan the mega-supporter.
You got to be an unpaid Alpha tester or an unpaid Forum moderator, but the moment you log into the main game, there are no "skip the line" tickets and no special treatment. Everyone gets fucked by RNG.
Equally.
I complained about RNG quite a bit back then, but at least it leveled the playing field.

Now... I don't know.
I really don't know what implications my account has for not having a Streamer tag in PoE code, and I would be happy if GGG clarify this with a wall of text manifesto.

Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 18, 2021, 10:14:47 AM
They able to give players handicaps so why i should play game where certain people get better loot chance/drops? bet tis is tencent doing. cant trust anymore GGG 100%.
"
johnKeys wrote:
it didn't matter if you are Kripp the Streamer or Charan the mega-supporter.
You got to be an unpaid Alpha tester or an unpaid Forum moderator, but the moment you log into the main game, there are no "skip the line" tickets and no special treatment. Everyone gets fucked by RNG.
Equally.
I complained about RNG quite a bit back then, but at least it leveled the playing field.

Now... I don't know.

Too fucking right.

I still believe this was a one-off desperation move (triggered by 100% arrogance and overconfidence in their own system) but I do not blame anyone now for wondering, just wondering...maybe it wasn't. Maybe this business of making sure certain well-watched streams remained well-watched wasn't entirely dictated by RNG, or whatever approximation of RNG we have [Removed by Support]
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Apr 18, 2021, 10:19:34 AM
On my life, I swear i will never support vile companies such as GGG and streamers that were given advantages and cheated at launch.

My word is my bond.
Last edited by saucefar2 on Apr 18, 2021, 10:21:00 AM
"
saucefar2 wrote:
On my life, I swear i will never support vile companies such as GGG and streamers that were given advantages and cheated at launch.

My word is my bond.

i also promise never again spend money to POE. Tencent need to go.
Seems like we're all gonna need to review the ToS' - they are going By-The-Book all of a sudden on GGG criticism.
Git R Dun!
Why was he put on probation, anyway? Wow, an Alpha member run into bad bllod with GGG.
PoE4life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info