Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

Honestly, has anyone here EVER seen a successful company that treats their worst and their best customer equally? Like what kind of world do you live in? From a business perspective it's common sense to be more hospitable towards a customer that brings you lot's of money than towards one who hardly ever purchases anything and only complains about everything. Obviously you aren't supposed to do it so openly because otherwise you're in for a hippocrite attack like this one but really, that's their only mistake here, they got caught doing the same thing everybody in the business world does every day.

To GGG streamers are worth their viewer numbers in dollars. You're average f2p player on the other hand means zero money. Those two will never be equal in GGGs eyes and it would be outright stupid to see or treat them equally.
SC Trade "pro's" claiming the game is too easy while avoiding all the harder modes.. classic
https://pobb.in/EWMDD_s0Goje - "uber viable".. just don't get hit!
"It survives a Ushaper slam. You just dont know how to use POB."
Said some "expert" about the POB above not realizing it's set to pinnacle.
"
Anteo12 wrote:
Just yesterday I was thinking "what would Charan say about this?" and here you are, it's so good to read you again! :-)

Totally agree with you!

Nowadays I'm just an ex-exile, I stopped playing more than a year ago because I like to play a game that rewards me for playing instead of punishing me every 3 months…

What GGG did is unexcusable, they more than crossed a line here, but I must say I'm not so surprised: the direction the game took in the last years clearly showed who GGG cared for.

What I really REALLY still don't understand is how they always get free pass on every mistake from a big chunk of the community.
Do you realize they're not a couple of developers in a garage? They are a PROFESSIONAL GAMING COMPANY, how can they mess up EVERY TIME??
If you have a work and mess up as much as they do you really think you can keep your work (and customers)??

This is no more "a guy made a mistake but Chris gave his apologies so it's all ok", that could be acceptable the first... two, five, ten times??
They make mistakes every fucking league, every fucking three months!!
How is this overlooked by the community it's really beyond me.

I think many exiles should try playing other ARPGs: they could discover it really rewards them for playing and it will cost less than all that shiny MTXs and stash tabs!

I am sorry it took something this atrocious to pull me back into proactive expression but thank you for the support. I mean, I am just echoing sentiments already around the place, but I guess I figure if I say it in my own way, and from my own perspective, it might help clarify why this isn't just sour grapes or salty rage over yet another league launch snafu. This is the opposite of a snafu: it's not Situation Normal, and it's not All Fucked Up. It's abnormal and yet strangely routine: that calibrated apology was 100% predictable...just as was my return to thread creation.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Honestly, has anyone here EVER seen a successful company that treats their worst and their best customer equally? Like what kind of world do you live in? From a business perspective it's common sense to be more hospitable towards a customer that brings you lot's of money than towards one who hardly ever purchases anything and only complains about everything. Obviously you aren't supposed to do it so openly because otherwise you're in for a hippocrite attack like this one but really, that's their only mistake here, they got caught doing the same thing everybody in the business world does every day.

To GGG streamers are worth their viewer numbers in dollars. You're average f2p player on the other hand means zero money. Those two will never be equal in GGGs eyes and it would be outright stupid to see or treat them equally.

I agree, which is why GGG claiming otherwise all this time has been proven a lie. This lie was the foundation of their entire model.

You cool with them lying to you?

If not, you agree with me. If so, that's on you.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 18, 2021, 8:52:22 AM
Not a big Asmongold fan but he nailed it in this video about the queue controversy https://youtu.be/AZiQRFOptMU

Just apply what he says about Reddit to these forums, some harsh truths in there to the outrage crusaders.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
I said that I wasn't coming back after the Harvest clusterfuck, and frankly I'm glad I stuck to my guns!

This is, of course, a shitshow but it's hardly unexpected!

And anyone shitposting that GGG wouldn't tweak drop rate algorithms for streamers, wake up sheeple!

I have no faith, or trust, in GGG. Nor in the upcoming PoE 2.0.
I seriously doubt I will ever play a GGG game again, and I certainly won't pay them a penny.

But watching them implode every 3 months is some of the best comedy available right now!
I am literally expecting salespeople to lie to my face. They want my money and they'll do whatever is needed to get it. It's how the world works. That's why i don't get all this outrage here. "uhh a company has been lying to it's customers". Breaking news. Do you also think politicians tell you the truth? [Removed by Support]
SC Trade "pro's" claiming the game is too easy while avoiding all the harder modes.. classic
https://pobb.in/EWMDD_s0Goje - "uber viable".. just don't get hit!
"It survives a Ushaper slam. You just dont know how to use POB."
Said some "expert" about the POB above not realizing it's set to pinnacle.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Apr 18, 2021, 7:05:19 AM
Well, haven't given them any money since the Tencent takeover (although I do still play once in a while).

But ... at the same time, I'm kind of surprised that you're surprised that they give people who advertise their product some preferential treatment.

That's just basic marketing.

'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
Unquietheart wrote:
Well, haven't given them any money since the Tencent takeover (although I do still play once in a while).

But ... at the same time, I'm kind of surprised that you're surprised that they give people who advertise their product some preferential treatment.

That's just basic marketing.

People is not angry at basic marketing, people is angry at giving advantage to other players in a race AND against what's written in their manifesto!!
It's cheating to break or bend rules in a game, how can you be a player and not understand this? :-(
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D
As topic said, Streamer privalege. Now we don't even know what else they tag players with. They could probably give hidden auras to players that they deal 20% more damage, take 10% less damage etc.

The integrity trust that the playing level field is equal is now lost with GGG since this is exposed. We don't know what shady shiet is going on the back anymore.

I don't think I wanna spend more money on a game that makes these decisions, we will see if they explain what they are doing.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

what you're saying is stupid... there is another category of players other than streamers and free to play players.... its players who paid many pack , we're not free to play and not streamers and we have'nt priority...
i played 2k hours on the game and paid maybe 500+ dollars, some others surely manymany more...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info