[3.25] Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-Axe-Crit (FREEZE THE GAME) 100% Crit Rate Full Screen Explosions

My pleasure. Grats on your successes and thanks for trying out Ice Crash! <3

I highly recommend Holy Relic of Conviction if you haven't tried it yet. Super fun range/minion build.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Aug 13, 2024, 5:26:33 AM
Hello everyone, hope we are all well! Will be back to my main PC in 4 days time or so and will be able to play a bit more.

With the linked item below: Does anyone know what the best way to try and get rid of the Stun modifier would be, so I can craft crit Chance on it?

If there is a better way than YOLO annulling that would be great haha. Otherwise this is a 8% or so DPS upgrade for me over my current weapon, but I will drop to 90% crit instead (I can live with it but would love to keep it as high as possible!)

Kinda feel like dps and survive is a bit lacklustre

https://pobb.in/iEwt0CCbtvdx

I dont see how I can eek out 8 million more dps without going full maximum mega POB warrior

any ideas? cheers!
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
Kinda feel like dps and survive is a bit lacklustre

https://pobb.in/iEwt0CCbtvdx

I dont see how I can eek out 8 million more dps without going full maximum mega POB warrior

any ideas? cheers!

Alright I'm just going to throw a few ideas your way before I go and get my morning coffee haha!

1) The Wise Oak Flask - As long as you've got your cold resistance the highest, this is always a nice DPS boost to have. Gives you more resists, more defence, more cold penetration vs enemies. I'd personally replace your silver flask with it. 7.4% damage there

2) On your pandemonius, if you are on a budget allocate Heart of Ice, more cold penetration and damage right there. I still think Whispers of Doom and a dual curse setup is the best way long term with a 20/20 frosbite, but that requires a bit more work

3) If in doubt for rare jewels, you want more crit multiplier. This thing juices damage. Obviously good to get resists and % max life that you need here too, but from what I've seen more crit multi is how we ramp and scale our DPS

4) Your crit chance isn't quite 100% yet. You could probably pick up cheap corrupted Oskarm's that give extra crit chance as an implicit, that will really help, another 5% or so damage there. will have to play with tainted currency to get the sockets/colours/links you need

5) I like to have cold penetration in our Ice Crash setup, rather than Melee Phys personally. Just helps against bosses etc that resist our cold attacks. Up to you here though!

6) I don't think Herald of Purity is doing too much for you, I haven't seen people rocking this one. I see lots using Herald of Ice to then combo with the 'Circle of Fear' rings that give heaps more cold damage when using that aura, like below:

There was a time I used two of these but had to swap for resists etc. But that is some juicy damage there too.

7) 20% qual on all your gems will really help with just little bits of cumulative DPS upgrades. Can just buy some of them from trade pretty cheap!

8) You could go for Culling strike runesmithing on your axe rather than the extra phys if you need more boss DPS

9) For more defences, look for getting some eldritch implicits on your helmet/body armour - I have melee hits have a chance to fortify on my body, and damage taken recouped as life. These help a lot

10) EDIT: Just noticed you have a life mastery that probably isn't working as well, it's only 10% more max life if you have 6 life masteries allocated if I remember right.

11) EDIT: Another big one, I would be taking the Deep Breaths nodes & war cry mastery just above where we start. The war cry recovery rate really lets us gets these out more often, and the mastery (restore 15% of life when you war cry) is HUGE for defences. It's like having life flasks popping all the time as you weave your cries in to your rotation.

Hopefully some of that helps so far, few ideas there to look into. I will try and have another look later too!
Last edited by Famuel on Aug 16, 2024, 3:22:48 AM
hey thanks so much I'll try out these changes.
I like the Herald of purity because it boosts phys damage which is converted to cold, and I had a frostbite on hit Circle ring I was testing that worked. I think whispers of doom is the play as you say but its expensive.

cheers!

///edit//
wondering how we get power charges reliably?
Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Aug 16, 2024, 9:47:08 AM
Hi peeps,

I come in search of help.

This is my build atm: https://pobb.in/GxvuKxTPu8FP

How to I increase the damage even more? (I know my life sucks, have bad rolls on helm and body armour).

Any suggestions from the much smarter ppl than me?

Much appreciated.

Cheers!
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
hey thanks so much I'll try out these changes.
I like the Herald of purity because it boosts phys damage which is converted to cold, and I had a frostbite on hit Circle ring I was testing that worked. I think whispers of doom is the play as you say but its expensive.

cheers!

///edit//
wondering how we get power charges reliably?

If you want power charges reliably, annoint Disciple of the Forbidden (or whatever it's called at the top of the tree) for very cheap before getting Heart of Ice or dual curse. That gets you them on kill and you'll be running max always

Otherwise with Oskarm's it's just whenever you kill a rare essentially, and you've got 10 seconds with that to go find the next one!
"
B3nz4 wrote:
Hi peeps,

I come in search of help.

This is my build atm: https://pobb.in/GxvuKxTPu8FP

How to I increase the damage even more? (I know my life sucks, have bad rolls on helm and body armour).

Any suggestions from the much smarter ppl than me?

Much appreciated.

Also not ignoring you just sadly am not at my computer to properly play in POB!

So generic advice would just be investigating a dual curse setup, it does seem to add a buttload of DPS (especially with a 20/20 frostbite if you've got the int) which I personally have on Battlemage's Cry setup.

If you need more crit chance, manually casting BM cry also helps in this regard as well which is cool!

And then we really scale damage with crit multi. Try and get 3x crit multi mods for jewels in my opinion with one other relevant stat if you can. I need a better abyss jewel myself, get it on there too

And of course Bottled Faith is a big one for damage too, but expensive.

There's also the two hand mastery you could take if you've got enough attack speed - something like 60% more damage but 10% less attack speed. Can be worth playing with that and the other 2H mastery as you've got a few more levels than I do.

I'm still experimenting a lot in the short time that I have at the moment to play - going to keep trying to take this build as far as I can! Am back home in 3 days so will be around more to help then too.

Cheers!
Last edited by Famuel on Aug 17, 2024, 6:01:43 AM
I have a question about how to improve survivability, I die a lot with mods like monster increased dmg + monster increased crit multipliers.
My understanding is these are our defenses currently:
* Freeze - attack first before enemy does
* Blind
* Chill
* Covered in frost
* Endurance charges
* All resists at 75, some at 76
* Ailment removal from warcries
* Molten shell
* Little bit of spell suppress
* 30k Armour
* 5500 life

I feel like it's missing something like evasion? Or are there other options, or i need to have more of above, like more life, more armor? Or i just need to play better?
"
Roleless wrote:
I have a question about how to improve survivability, I die a lot with mods like monster increased dmg + monster increased crit multipliers.
My understanding is these are our defenses currently:
* Freeze - attack first before enemy does
* Blind
* Chill
* Covered in frost
* Endurance charges
* All resists at 75, some at 76
* Ailment removal from warcries
* Molten shell
* Little bit of spell suppress
* 30k Armour
* 5500 life

I feel like it's missing something like evasion? Or are there other options, or i need to have more of above, like more life, more armor? Or i just need to play better?

That's kinda what I've been trying to resolve myself. I am the 2nd chonkiest ice crash jugg on poe ninja (https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers?class=Juggernaut&skills=Ice+Crash&sort=ehp) and with chaos resist finally in double digits I feel pretty tanky now, but my gear is expensive. I've been trying to come to terms with somehow dropping Koam's roots, pick up Unstoppable and have another 4 sockets to play with. We are right near Leader of the Pack which I could get another 20% mana reservation, then +1 to all max resists with the reservation mastery. Because I am already sitting on 209 mana before this, I was hoping to fit another defensive aura in the set up. But haven't mathed it all out yet. Probably will take cluster jewels with the 50% bonus to one of the big 50% auras.
Last edited by Illuminance_DY on Aug 17, 2024, 7:50:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info