Just going to leave this here.

I like how people here, on the forums, didn't even noticed how fucked up this new tree is but reddit we dislike with passion caught up instantly.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I like how people here, on the forums, didn't even noticed how fucked up this new tree is but reddit we dislike with passion caught up instantly.

We definitely did, it just seemed like it got ignored here. Thankfully it still got addressed. It's not perfect, but it's better, that's for sure.

Edit: This is of course only addressing the shadow triangles of doom, not the other myriad new issues.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on Mar 7, 2019, 7:15:17 PM
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

We definitely did, it just seemed like it got ignored here. Thankfully it still got addressed. It's not perfect, but it's better, that's for sure.

Edit: This is of course only addressing the shadow triangles of doom, not the other myriad new issues.

I think we didn't. Most posts here are praising the change.

It's better only if you enter from above. New tree is just strictly worse overall. And it also fucks up Inspired Learning. Yikes.
So you think it is worse without the triangles?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Isn't the best but who cares, it's a point or two and not as if the rest of the tree is stellar with some parts being notably worse. They can probably also see it's pointless trying to patch it up like this so I guess we'll just get a big tree rework instead in 4.0 or something.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Isn't the best but who cares, it's a point or two and not as if the rest of the tree is stellar with some parts being notably worse. They can probably also see it's pointless trying to patch it up like this so I guess we'll just get a big tree rework instead in 4.0 or something.
Considering the original complaint about was about spending an extra point for pathing compared to before 3.6, the way the change didn't really solve that is kind of funny.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Considering the original complaint about was about spending an extra point for pathing compared to before 3.6, the way the change didn't really solve that is kind of funny.

50% of builds save a point, 50% of builds lose a point.

I wonder how we fix this hmmm.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by OldManGrinding on Jul 18, 2021, 4:03:42 PM
<3 thank you GGG
"
DoubleU wrote:
So you think it is worse without the triangles?

You're right. The triangles are terrible and there is a better solution, but this new fix is actually only better depending on which side of the tree you come from. This is classic placebo effect.

Due to Resourcefulness and Lethal Assault being horizontally adjacent but vertically traversable before, and now being laid out in a circle, this only appears to be a buff. I think if we only got the vertical line connecting and brought back the dreaded triangle, it would fix the problem for now (while still being ugly as sin).

I, like GGG, thought this was a solution, but unfortunately in practice that is only the case for probably 50% of people pathing through the nodes. With so little time left, I say PLEASE bring back the small attribute connecting nodes to Coldhearted Calculation and Fangs of the Viper. That is the only real way for people to actually save points at this stage. And when I say save points, we're talking ONE point on a build.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info