GUILD HIDEOUT & GENERAL GUILD SUGGESTIONS

"
Varana wrote:

But would there be willingness to start and redecorate a totally fresh guild hideout for each flavour of each new league (std, HC, SSF, SSF HC)? And would decorations bought on one transfer to all others - else, what happens to the decorations at league-end? Or do you get an ever-increasing stack of favour? or a set of different arrangements which you've previously used?
I think it would be simpler to clone the Standard hideout, just like cloning the stash tabs. The less effort (dev cost), the more likely we get this.

3 - SSF do not see guild stash, nor (if I recall) league LFG noticeboards. They're solo.
But the accounts can still be guilded, so... guild hideout? or not?

On the topic of hideout decoration and favor in general the hideouts should be global for several years now :P

Im not too concerned with their dev costs when it comes to things that will be as expensive as a guild hideout would be, Guild hideouts being added seems like such a massive win for everyone i just don't understand why we don't already have them.

@3: definitely if a guild hideout is added have it in ssf just keep the interaction restrictions the same :D

Innocence forgives you
Bump for justice.
Innocence forgives you
Here's some thoughts i've had plus comments of others here makes me think if they do any major upgrades to guilds they should make a league out of it.. Literally make a 3 month league out of it.

Make the challenges all based around guilds but make it so that any solo player in an empty guild can do the challenges just the same as usual but if you do happen to be in a guild with others make sure that you can make progress together.

Keep in mind this is all just my thoughts and meant to be changed and or built upon.

Guild/Group Content

I'd also like to see in such a big guild update actual group content that requires a party to complete and some that does not since sometimes everyone cant be online, This content could vary from Favor missions to buy more decorations for your guild hideout or level up your guild master npc to upgrade the size of your guilds hideout and perhaps other things not listed here.

Having some solo content or less than full party content to do as well would be greatly appreciated for players in smaller guilds or solo players who also want to opt into some of this content if their builds are not up to the task of taking on a fight intended for a full party.

Some examples of guild/group content:

Timed Maps GROUP & SOLO+
This ones pretty simple.. Get through the map as fast as you can for the speed freaks out there to chase after, Seeing maps like extended Ledges and other very linear progressions would be cool to see in this

Tournament Styled Maps GROUP ONLY
The maps would have branches for each player to clear in a tournament ladder styled map where as the players progress they meet up and fight progressively stronger bosses and enemy's until they are finally all at the final room together to fight the final boss for loot and glory.

Raid Bosses GROUP ONLY
Large arena raid boss style fights where you require some basic strategy like keeping x monster away from y monster or it'l blow up and kill everyone in one shot and other things like actually needing a tank to take the hits from the main boss and control the directions they are facing so the fire breathing scrotum you're fighting doesn't one shot everyone in its cone.

Survival GROUP & SOLO+
Maps where you face waves that increase in strength over time and requires a well balanced party to be able to take it on borrowing from blight somewhat making it so that like towers no single damage type can dominate this game mode as monsters can be very resistant or immune to various damage types.

Guild Leaderboard & Notice Board

Additionally the idea of a guild leader/notice board seems quite popular if group content for guilds is to exist i think there should be a section on the leaderboard for what guild holds the highest score for each type of guild content showing the top 50?100? guilds and their scores.

Leaderboard and Rewards

So when i say rewards im talking a Trophy decoration that can be put in a guilds hideout if they have achieved a certain leader board ranking and maintain it, There should be different tiers so that even if people can not get to #1 they are still encouraged to push higher and try harder.

You could also give out temporary rank dependent mtx for characters in a guild who have achieved a high enough rank for long enough.

Guild Notice Board Functions

Primary Guild page
This should show general information on the guild, how many members and the overall rank of your guild, when the last member was invited, how long the guild has been established and maybe average leader board ranking or something like that.

Top Contributors
To start i think a guild notice board should have a page showing the top X amount of people who have contributed the most favor/guild points to the guild by completing guild objectives to encourage internal competition to raise everyone in the guild and the guild itself up.

Notice Board (notes)
It could also have a simple note area where members can post in something similar to a forum but much simpler ex: "note: need moonstone ring i86 baran influence" and allow officers or higher (configurable) to pin and close threads with a very simple delete/pin/unpin button somewhere, Simple reply system ex: "note: I put some rings in the base chest"

Event Planner/Calendar
Perhaps as well a simple Calendar/Event planner could be added where you can input some times for the group to gather and do content and people can + or - it on the days set to help coordinate group play, Maybe at best it would stretch ahead about the full length of one league, This could be very helpful to many groups especially those whom are international and from many different time zones.

Guild Hideout PVP Content?

So PVP/Hideouts/Guilds comes up a lot both in the thoughts of many here including myself as well as in this thread and i can never see real PVP returning to POE like it used to be due to the immense complexity of the game these days however i do see PVP via PVE standing a chance here in POE.

Dungeon Attack/Defense Player VS AI
One idea i had was being able to create a dungeon of sorts that has defenses and rogue exiles to defend it and only players attack so PVP is never really directly happening as they re fighting your monsters and defenses to clear the map, Having both solo and guild options would be really cool and maybe give guild more room to work with(that can be unlocked) You'd be able to equip these defenders with various equipment including crafted gear!

Dungeon Attack/Defense AI VS AI
Almost exactly the same as above but AI vs AI, One player is selected as the defender and their dungeon and all its defenses face up against either your units from your dungeon or a different set of hero units you unlock and equip much the same as the ones that defend your dungeon?
(I think AI VS AI is the best option here)

How do you make a dungeon?
It would be really cool if this could be in our hideouts but i don't think it should be, I think it should be generated something like a map does and players/guilds will unlock making a dungeon after their first dungeon quest is completed and then will choose a path as they hack and slash their way through an AI occupied dungeon to reclaim it and as they do they essentially carve out their dungeon layout but once the layout is set it will not be random, Then a player could place units to defend it..

What kind of defenses exactly?
Well.. Labyrinth traps and levers/etc but those would be costly on your defense budget to deter turning every dungeon into the most toxic uber lab you've ever done.. but outside of labyrinth defenses you could do some basic stuff like:

Monsters from all over the game and its leagues
Dangerous Wilflife(rabbits obviously.. Very dangerous ones)
Animated Weapons
Placeable(and equippable) animated guardians.
Rogue Exiles(equippable!)
Unique Bosses(let them equip at least 1 item pls!)

How do you get units and defenses in the first place?
Two thoughts come to mind here one is having the npc let you buy defenses with favor which seems a bit simple or another idea is to have a primary dungeon not owned by a player that you have to fight through and there you can obtain various units to use in your dungeons defense as well as things like those labyrinth traps.. Also if you were to make it so that if you wanted say a single blade trap for your dungeon you'd have to brave quite a few blade traps among other things in this dungeon to maybe get a chance at getting one and other OP things, or perhaps have the shop npc too on top of it for very basic monsters but have anything rare or high tier only come from farming the primary dungeon.

The primary dungeon
This should be comparable to what you might see or expect to see in a player dungeon but likely more randomly generated out of the various tilesets, monsters, exiles and items that are available to use in the setup of player made dungeons to come, Players would need a way to choose some level of challenge vs reward here

You'd have to add a matchmaking system with some kind of ranking so people can have some kind of progression in skill level.. and definitely some kind of sanity check to make sure the path to objectives is reachable ( perhaps including the use of movement skills )

May add more here later.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 25, 2020, 11:23:28 PM
What is more community than Guilds?
Innocence forgives you
"
Here's some thoughts i've had plus comments of others here makes me think if they do any major upgrades to guilds they should make a league out of it.. Literally make a 3 month league out of it.

Make the challenges all based around guilds but make it so that any solo player in an empty guild can do the challenges just the same as usual but if you do happen to be in a guild with others make sure that you can make progress together.

Keep in mind this is all just my thoughts and meant to be changed and or built upon.

Guild/Group Content

I'd also like to see in such a big guild update actual group content that requires a party to complete and some that does not since sometimes everyone cant be online, This content could vary from Favor missions to buy more decorations for your guild hideout or level up your guild master npc to upgrade the size of your guilds hideout and perhaps other things not listed here.

Having some solo content or less than full party content to do as well would be greatly appreciated for players in smaller guilds or solo players who also want to opt into some of this content if their builds are not up to the task of taking on a fight intended for a full party.

Some examples of guild/group content:

Timed Maps GROUP & SOLO+
This ones pretty simple.. Get through the map as fast as you can for the speed freaks out there to chase after, Seeing maps like extended Ledges and other very linear progressions would be cool to see in this

Tournament Styled Maps GROUP ONLY
The maps would have branches for each player to clear in a tournament ladder styled map where as the players progress they meet up and fight progressively stronger bosses and enemy's until they are finally all at the final room together to fight the final boss for loot and glory.

Raid Bosses GROUP ONLY
Large arena raid boss style fights where you require some basic strategy like keeping x monster away from y monster or it'l blow up and kill everyone in one shot and other things like actually needing a tank to take the hits from the main boss and control the directions they are facing so the fire breathing scrotum you're fighting doesn't one shot everyone in its cone.

Survival GROUP & SOLO+
Maps where you face waves that increase in strength over time and requires a well balanced party to be able to take it on borrowing from blight somewhat making it so that like towers no single damage type can dominate this game mode as monsters can be very resistant or immune to various damage types.

Guild Leaderboard & Notice Board

Additionally the idea of a guild leader/notice board seems quite popular if group content for guilds is to exist i think there should be a section on the leaderboard for what guild holds the highest score for each type of guild content showing the top 50?100? guilds and their scores.

Leaderboard and Rewards

So when i say rewards im talking a Trophy decoration that can be put in a guilds hideout if they have achieved a certain leader board ranking and maintain it, There should be different tiers so that even if people can not get to #1 they are still encouraged to push higher and try harder.

You could also give out temporary rank dependent mtx for characters in a guild who have achieved a high enough rank for long enough.

Guild Notice Board Functions

Primary Guild page
This should show general information on the guild, how many members and the overall rank of your guild, when the last member was invited, how long the guild has been established and maybe average leader board ranking or something like that.

Top Contributors
To start i think a guild notice board should have a page showing the top X amount of people who have contributed the most favor/guild points to the guild by completing guild objectives to encourage internal competition to raise everyone in the guild and the guild itself up.

Notice Board (notes)
It could also have a simple note area where members can post in something similar to a forum but much simpler ex: "note: need moonstone ring i86 baran influence" and allow officers or higher (configurable) to pin and close threads with a very simple delete/pin/unpin button somewhere, Simple reply system ex: "note: I put some rings in the base chest"

Event Planner/Calendar
Perhaps as well a simple Calendar/Event planner could be added where you can input some times for the group to gather and do content and people can + or - it on the days set to help coordinate group play, Maybe at best it would stretch ahead about the full length of one league, This could be very helpful to many groups especially those whom are international and from many different time zones.

Guild Hideout PVP Content?

So PVP/Hideouts/Guilds comes up a lot both in the thoughts of many here including myself as well as in this thread and i can never see real PVP returning to POE like it used to be due to the immense complexity of the game these days however i do see PVP via PVE standing a chance here in POE.

Dungeon Attack/Defense Player VS AI
One idea i had was being able to create a dungeon of sorts that has defenses and rogue exiles to defend it and only players attack so PVP is never really directly happening as they re fighting your monsters and defenses to clear the map, Having both solo and guild options would be really cool and maybe give guild more room to work with(that can be unlocked) You'd be able to equip these defenders with various equipment including crafted gear!

Dungeon Attack/Defense AI VS AI
Almost exactly the same as above but AI vs AI, One player is selected as the defender and their dungeon and all its defenses face up against either your units from your dungeon or a different set of hero units you unlock and equip much the same as the ones that defend your dungeon?
(I think AI VS AI is the best option here)

How do you make a dungeon?
It would be really cool if this could be in our hideouts but i don't think it should be, I think it should be generated something like a map does and players/guilds will unlock making a dungeon after their first dungeon quest is completed and then will choose a path as they hack and slash their way through an AI occupied dungeon to reclaim it and as they do they essentially carve out their dungeon layout but once the layout is set it will not be random, Then a player could place units to defend it..

What kind of defenses exactly?
Well.. Labyrinth traps and levers/etc but those would be costly on your defense budget to deter turning every dungeon into the most toxic uber lab you've ever done.. but outside of labyrinth defenses you could do some basic stuff like:

Monsters from all over the game and its leagues
Dangerous Wilflife(rabbits obviously.. Very dangerous ones)
Animated Weapons
Placeable(and equippable) animated guardians.
Rogue Exiles(equippable!)
Unique Bosses(let them equip at least 1 item pls!)

How do you get units and defenses in the first place?
Two thoughts come to mind here one is having the npc let you buy defenses with favor which seems a bit simple or another idea is to have a primary dungeon not owned by a player that you have to fight through and there you can obtain various units to use in your dungeons defense as well as things like those labyrinth traps.. Also if you were to make it so that if you wanted say a single blade trap for your dungeon you'd have to brave quite a few blade traps among other things in this dungeon to maybe get a chance at getting one and other OP things, or perhaps have the shop npc too on top of it for very basic monsters but have anything rare or high tier only come from farming the primary dungeon.

The primary dungeon
This should be comparable to what you might see or expect to see in a player dungeon but likely more randomly generated out of the various tilesets, monsters, exiles and items that are available to use in the setup of player made dungeons to come, Players would need a way to choose some level of challenge vs reward here

You'd have to add a matchmaking system with some kind of ranking so people can have some kind of progression in skill level.. and definitely some kind of sanity check to make sure the path to objectives is reachable ( perhaps including the use of movement skills )

May add more here later.

added to the op.
still waiting for an answer.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
I'm going to be short here: While some of the suggestions in here are VERY ambitious, the guild system is seriously lacking and need more.

GGG; do better!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Without guilds i would have quit long ago.
Innocence forgives you
I have gathered the necessary ingredients from all over wraeclast to perform a ritual to summon this thread to the top of the forum.
Innocence forgives you
I'm getting a bit low on severed piety heads to resummon this thread... But she respawns so i'll keep hacking away.
Innocence forgives you
Pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls notice this thread senpai
Innocence forgives you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info