GUILD HIDEOUT & GENERAL GUILD SUGGESTIONS

waiting for the end
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
waiting for the end

The saga of guilds never ends.
Innocence forgives you
"
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
waiting for the end

The saga of guilds never ends.

wishing I had the strength
Love for guilds or riot!
Innocence forgives you
let's hope for some guild addition.
Also bump
Actually this is my suggestion from over half a decade ago.

I am glad it is being picked up again and added with some nice ideas.

Still I would add some more funky stuff like defend the guild hideout once per week against attack in a group fight of at least 4 people playing, call that raid, allow guilds only to keep their hideout with max functionality if they do that encounter once per week, and so on (as described in the original suggestion of me). Add more and more different kind of encounters like that over the time.

This is even more up to date now where group play isn't a thing at all anymore. Group play could be supported via implementations like that.

And: PvP hideout battles.
One possible iteration of PvP hideout battles:

Guild hideouts should not become the same 100% safe space as individual hideouts and towns are right now imo.

They should instead add dynamics of surprise and insecurity to the gameplay. These can be fed with as well PvE and PvP content.
PvE content would be random monster attacks while people chill in the hideout of different calibre from easy to very hard. A raid that has to be done once per week as described above. Etc.

PvP content could be:
+ Stranger group of players could invade another hideout and declare war on it.
Hideout owners could not only add decorative assets but assets that help to hinder as well PvE and PvP invasions into the hideout. Of course strict rules need to be applied to how PvP invasions work, probably be disabled in hardcore.
+Guild hideouts have own PvP zones that can be designed by hideout owners and administrators.
+PvP king of the guild will be shown on podest statue. PvP in guild hideout would allow to invite players who are not in the guild, which can become PvP king too.
+Tournement mode will be added for PvP in guild hideouts.
+PvP zone could be added up with modifiers to the gameplay that apply to both players.
+PvP debuff effects could be picked by players like pick heros in moba games where each player can ban a few effects and then each player can pick 2 effects (4 total, ABBA) that apply to both combatants. They must be crafted with orbs before the hideout owners can supply them to the drafting system. These crafts could be implemented in a way so that there are some basic debuffs for pvp that every hideout can easily achieve but as well some very individual and not possible to dublicate modifier-combinations based on mix of RNG and value of orb input.

That (or similar, I just rewrote, not copied from past) was in the original suggestion of guild hideouts & hideouts.

But yeah, just get it started with simple funcitonality.

I suggested:
- hideouts (implemented)
- guild hideouts (not implemented)
- seperate skill trees for better distinguishing of classes (implemented, became ascendency)
- hideouts being connected to real world acts (implemented)
- monster capture and show off in hideout (implemented, kinda, became beast)
- more moderate map mods with stronger base map difficulty (implemented, -25 max resist became -10, -12, etc.)

And a few more I can't remember. Just you know who to give the credits for (for original idea of course, not the great implementation of GGG), if you look at this.

I support this, I just want to emphasize that it is basically one of the many original suggestions of me. I don't feel like given any credits for how many major suggestions of me have been implemented into the game by today. ;-)

Probably this could become an own season with only this being the new content. Not even new rewards would be needed in terms of itemization. It is rewarding enough to finally have group things to do that do not penalize single players who don't join a guild but add only excitement and team spirit instead of another layer of item or crafting mods (the latter 2 would penalize solo players, which it should not).

I could work out the very details if I was paid for it.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 21, 2020, 5:45:57 AM
"
LSN wrote:

Still I would add some more funky stuff like defend the guild hideout once per week against attack in a group fight of at least 4 people playing, call that raid, allow guilds only to keep their hideout with max functionality if they do that encounter once per week, and so on (as described in the original suggestion of me). Add more and more different kind of encounters like that over the time.

This is even more up to date now where group play isn't a thing at all anymore. Group play could be supported via implementations like that.

Guild hideouts should not become the same 100% safe space as individual hideouts and towns are right now imo.

They should instead add dynamics of surprise and insecurity to the gameplay. These can be fed with as well PvE and PvP content.
PvE content would be random monster attacks while people chill in the hideout of different calibre from easy to very hard. A raid that has to be done once per week as described above. Etc.

PvP content could be:
Hideout owners could not only add decorative assets but assets that help to hinder as well PvE and PvP invasions into the hideout. Of course strict rules need to be applied to how PvP invasions work, probably be disabled in hardcore.
+Guild hideouts have own PvP zones that can be designed by hideout owners and administrators.
+PvP king of the guild will be shown on podest statue. PvP in guild hideout would allow to invite players who are not in the guild, which can become PvP king too.
+PvP zone could be added up with modifiers to the gameplay that apply to both players.
+PvP debuff effects could be picked by players like pick heros in moba games where each player can ban a few effects and then each player can pick 2 effects (4 total, ABBA) that apply to both combatants. They must be crafted with orbs before the hideout owners can supply them to the drafting system. These crafts could be implemented in a way so that there are some basic debuffs for pvp that every hideout can easily achieve but as well some very individual and not possible to dublicate modifier-combinations based on mix of RNG and value of orb input.

That (or similar, I just rewrote, not copied from past) was in the original suggestion of guild hideouts & hideouts.

I suggested:
- hideouts (implemented)
- seperate skill trees for better distinguishing of classes (implemented, became ascendency)
- more moderate map mods with stronger base map difficulty (implemented, -25 max resist became -10, -12, etc.)

And a few more I can't remember. Just you know who to give the credits for (for original idea of course, not the great implementation of GGG), if you look at this.

I support this, I just want to emphasize that it is basically one of the many original suggestions of me. I don't feel like given any credits for how many major suggestions of me have been implemented into the game by today. ;-)

Probably this could become an own season with only this being the new content. Not even new rewards would be needed in terms of itemization. It is rewarding enough to finally have group things to do that do not penalize single players who don't join a guild but add only excitement and team spirit instead of another layer of item or crafting mods (the latter 2 would penalize solo players, which it should not).

I think there's a fair amount of good stuff in your post and i agree with some of it but PVP as much as i'd love to see it make a comeback of sorts the game has pushed too far now for pvp to ever make a comeback at least in its current state where we can use our custom builds.

Anywho thanks for the support.
Innocence forgives you
"
LSN wrote:

PvP content could be:

I suggested:
- hideouts (implemented)

Those are great ideas and I would gladly add them to the op. Ty.
Woah now how did such an important topic go so far down the page
Innocence forgives you
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

Those are great ideas and I would gladly add them to the op. Ty.

Please do so.

"

I think there's a fair amount of good stuff in your post and i agree with some of it but PVP as much as i'd love to see it make a comeback of sorts the game has pushed too far now for pvp to ever make a comeback at least in its current state where we can use our custom builds.

Anywho thanks for the support.

Ofc I know PvP Hideout invasions are extremely hard to implement. Just do it without it, it works fine, and if there is any way, then you can still try it.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 21, 2020, 9:23:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info