GUILD HIDEOUT & GENERAL GUILD SUGGESTIONS

"
LSN wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

Those are great ideas and I would gladly add them to the op. Ty.

Please do so.

"

I think there's a fair amount of good stuff in your post and i agree with some of it but PVP as much as i'd love to see it make a comeback of sorts the game has pushed too far now for pvp to ever make a comeback at least in its current state where we can use our custom builds.

Anywho thanks for the support.

Ofc I know PvP Hideout invasions are extremely hard to implement. Just do it without it, it works fine, and if there is any way, then you can still try it.

I had a similar idea quite a ways back about having pvp in hideouts but it would be like teamfight tactics in the sense that your units would be mostly controlled by AI with simple and strategic inputs.

Whatever ideas they feed from when the day does come they pay guilds some actual attention i feel like they should really make a league out of it with guild related objectives that anyone even a solo player in their own empty guild can achieve them.

Here's to hoping
Innocence forgives you
+1

I have posted smth on this not very long ago mainly emphasizing on ho/guild_ho raiding aspect, where that raidable sizeable zone can be crafted like ho and filled with mobs and possibly lab traps. In that area end there would be mediocore loot and large loot if defended by players as well. That loot and defense points would increase by number of fallen invaders, falling invaders would grand currancy rewards to guild as well.

Death on raiding maybe should not reduce exp, but should give cooldown for the next attack of the same place.

It could be some other implemented vision if it works better. Anything would be better than what we have now at this point.
"
Andrius319 wrote:
+1

I have posted smth on this not very long ago mainly emphasizing on ho/guild_ho raiding aspect, where that raidable sizeable zone can be crafted like ho and filled with mobs and possibly lab traps. In that area end there would be mediocore loot and large loot if defended by players as well. That loot and defense points would increase by number of fallen invaders, falling invaders would grand currancy rewards to guild as well.

Death on raiding maybe should not reduce exp, but should give cooldown for the next attack of the same place.

It could be some other implemented vision if it works better. Anything would be better than what we have now at this point.

Awesome! thanks for supporting the thread and posting some ideas :D

Keep it up everyone, post ur thoughts even if you think they are crazy.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 22, 2020, 12:49:14 PM
"
Andrius319 wrote:
+1

sounds good. added.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Where are you Bex!?!? This is like the most community.. community request ever.
Innocence forgives you
i dont know if its been mentioned before but i really like this idea. the guild h/o obviously will have to have abilities turned off though, as it is in main towns. because 50 necromancers running around with corpses would be annoying.

only reason i can think of that ggg hasnt said anything about this is because they are gonna put it in PoE2.
Last edited by deschanel on Jul 23, 2020, 12:50:43 PM
"
deschanel wrote:
i dont know if its been mentioned before but i really like this idea. the guild h/o obviously will have to have abilities turned off though, as it is in main towns. because 50 necromancers running around with corpses would be annoying.

only reason i can think of that ggg hasnt said anything about this is because they are gonna put it in PoE2.

Guild hideouts have been mentioned a lot in here but hey everyone's welcome at this party :)

I'd really like disabling skills being optional tho for the guild hideouts.
Innocence forgives you
OK, a few thoughts.
To begin with, obviously I'm in favour, I'm only still here because I have a guild (most of which has burnt out or given up on PoE a while back because it's so single-player).

1) remember any hideout is per instance, not global. So I think the only way you'll get to customise it is if the Standard hideout is customised, and then that's mirrored in a new league. Besides, the thought of decorating every h/o in every league...?

2) I like the idea of lending favour, which becomes a permanent donation at the end of a league.
Not so keen on immediate donation, too easy for an unscrupulous leader to grab favour and kick members, and GGG aren't exactly allowing name-and-shame over in-game resources. That said, I never use any favour anyway, for the same reason I don't play Sims, so probably donations wouldn't matter given more can always be earned.

3) I love the idea of a noticeboard. Maybe allow general notices and "PMs" for a particular member, or for officers.
I'd add a LFG like the ones in town (imagine, not full of spammers) and also a "Wanted" noticeboard for people wanting particular gear, trials, lab or boss assists, or whatever. Many people don't know or don't care to use /global 820, or just want to keep it in-guild.

3) Not sure how or if it can work with SSF, but maybe they get one without stash? At least they get some companionship that way, and can see what/if they're missing...

4) a leaderboard? yes please. Even if it would become clear to everyone quite how badly I'm lagging.

I'll see what inspirations come to mind.
Oh, and I hold out zero hope for this, BTW. Unless guild hideouts and decorations are bought for real money.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Varana wrote:
OK, a few thoughts.
To begin with, obviously I'm in favour, I'm only still here because I have a guild (most of which has burnt out or given up on PoE a while back because it's so single-player).

1) remember any hideout is per instance, not global. So I think the only way you'll get to customise it is if the Standard hideout is customised, and then that's mirrored in a new league. Besides, the thought of decorating every h/o in every league...?

2) I like the idea of lending favour, which becomes a permanent donation at the end of a league.
Not so keen on immediate donation, too easy for an unscrupulous leader to grab favour and kick members, and GGG aren't exactly allowing name-and-shame over in-game resources. That said, I never use any favour anyway, for the same reason I don't play Sims, so probably donations wouldn't matter given more can always be earned.

3) I love the idea of a noticeboard. Maybe allow general notices and "PMs" for a particular member, or for officers.
I'd add a LFG like the ones in town (imagine, not full of spammers) and also a "Wanted" noticeboard for people wanting particular gear, trials, lab or boss assists, or whatever. Many people don't know or don't care to use /global 820, or just want to keep it in-guild.

3) Not sure how or if it can work with SSF, but maybe they get one without stash? At least they get some companionship that way, and can see what/if they're missing...

4) a leaderboard? yes please. Even if it would become clear to everyone quite how badly I'm lagging.

I'll see what inspirations come to mind.
Oh, and I hold out zero hope for this, BTW. Unless guild hideouts and decorations are bought for real money.

@1: i dont see why you'd need to edit the hideout in standard, I can edit my hideout while people are in it i don't see why the same could not apply to guild hideouts even if there are some things like perhaps only one person can edit the hideout at any given time or especially having it be permissions based.

@2: I really think favor should be earned through doing missions for the guild rather than donating favor, I also think GGG should make it so you can buy guild related upgrades that bind to your personal account and whichever guild you are in benefits from that so that if you are kicked you take everything (YOU BOUGHT) with you and any tabs they had used of yours over their max would go (remove only) and any memberslots lost from you leaving would leave those slots as (remove only) basically making it so that the guild cant invite any new members until they up their limit but noone is kicked as a consequence.

@3 part 2: I don't play SSF but how does the guild stash work there presently? I'd assume that would just carry over to the hideout.

I would question GGG's intelligence if they did not make a few guild hideouts that you could only buy as well as some that are still cool but have to be unlocked like the other cool hideouts they added a ways back.

Innocence forgives you
"

@1: i dont see why you'd need to edit the hideout in standard, I can edit my hideout while people are in it i don't see why the same could not apply to guild hideouts even if there are some things like perhaps only one person can edit the hideout at any given time or especially having it be permissions based.

@2: I really think favor should be earned through doing missions for the guild rather than donating favor, I also think GGG should make it so you can buy guild related upgrades that bind to your personal account and whichever guild you are in benefits from that so that if you are kicked you take everything (YOU BOUGHT) with you and any tabs they had used of yours over their max would go (remove only) and any memberslots lost from you leaving would leave those slots as (remove only) basically making it so that the guild cant invite any new members until they up their limit but noone is kicked as a consequence.

@3 part 2: I don't play SSF but how does the guild stash work there presently? I'd assume that would just carry over to the hideout.

I would question GGG's intelligence if they did not make a few guild hideouts that you could only buy as well as some that are still cool but have to be unlocked like the other cool hideouts they added a ways back.

But would there be willingness to start and redecorate a totally fresh guild hideout for each flavour of each new league (std, HC, SSF, SSF HC)? And would decorations bought on one transfer to all others - else, what happens to the decorations at league-end? Or do you get an ever-increasing stack of favour? or a set of different arrangements which you've previously used?
I think it would be simpler to clone the Standard hideout, just like cloning the stash tabs. The less effort (dev cost), the more likely we get this.

3 - SSF do not see guild stash, nor (if I recall) league LFG noticeboards. They're solo.
But the accounts can still be guilded, so... guild hideout? or not?

Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info