Chris Wilson will Speak at the Game Developers Conference 2019

really nice. Is there a stream for this, if yes I'm 100% gonna watch it. Also on this occasion, I did my bachelor in Game Design last year and our School was always inviting people from around the world (mostly europe for smaller occasions and sometime someone from overseas for the festival) for talks. I want to recommend them your studio, but would need to know if you guys are at all interested in something like that. Please PM me if you read this

Spoiler
The School is The ZhdK (Zürich School of Arts) which has a Bachelor&Master Course in Game Design. The Courses are pretty Indie focused and you're supposed to learn everything from coding, story writing, mechanic design to art, modeling, animation and even sound design. The Sudents mostly do small 3 month's prototypes by themselves or in teams of 2-3 during their studies
"
Schakar wrote:

- a NEW, and I mean truely NEW, league every 3 month including LOTS of new content, storry and items

And yet player blocked the syndicate this league to avoid death for example. Or players spamming low level zones is a recurring theme.
Sure, there is new content but how it is done is mostly stupid. Or do you think spamming low level zones is the way this game should be designed?

"

- big patches about every 12 month which are REALY big!! Sometimes with total overhaul of old mechanics

And with lots of bad features, like the labyrinth for example. Not everything is good content and the game is getting worse and worse with every patch. Good game design is to focus on your strenght not to add random bullshit.
"

- a very active Bex ... I mean comunication :). Even he, Chris him selve is talking with the comunity. Tell me ONE damn other company, where the big boss talks with his custumers at all. ONE other!

Tell me one other company who uses players like beta testers like POE does. Every 3 months they release unfished content after all.
"

- if they have a problem (like trade site reasently or map-stash problems) ... they have the balls to admit "we have a problem". Not the usual "install the latest drivers" auto-response from brainless robots like ALL other gaming companis!!

Only if they have to.
There are dozens of stealth changes and nerfs every league.

"

So enlight us.
WHAT should he learn from anyone else?? THEY have to learn from him!!
And if you feal this comunity is to hostil ... stop posting. It would allready be a lot less hostil!

It's simple, despite all their success a game like D3 has sold more copies and despite having no updates a game like D3 probably has still hundreds of thousands if not millions of players left.
The numbers don't lie, like it or not POE didn'T even manage to beat D3. ´
Last edited by DasName on Jan 30, 2019, 3:44:12 AM
nice +++
"
DasName wrote:
Or do you think spamming low level zones is the way this game should be designed?

Of course, the rewards 'should' be scale with 'difficulty'... but difficulty is very relative, and some kind of rewards can NOT be scaled in a useful way - for some the only possibility would be a high-level based 'lockout'/gate.

And we neither want (even more of) such gatings, nor other ways to strictly force the player into risks they 'may' want to avoid.

on topic: nice try; but for me it will definitively NOT be forever - the general route of the game and the actual decisions and changes sound like an upcoming 'farewell' on the (far?) horizon. But oh well, > 7 years* is already a good, long time...

*) sadly, the non-steam client has no time log... would be interesting how many above 10k hours (rough, minimal estimation) I actually have.

as an additional sidenote: what is the significant difference between spamming/chaining 'low level zones' (with a low-budget/casual/ssf build), and spamming/chaining 'appropriate' areas like Burial Chambers/Elder/Guardians/etc (with an expensive/highly optimized char) - gameplaywise? The low-chainer has less invests (no/low map cost) vs. less currency drops (penalty); (even) less risk vs. 'no' xp... but both blaze through the content in the (nearly) same way: hack & slay, aka ARPG.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jan 30, 2019, 4:55:04 AM
I love chris, he is so precious =DDDD
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Can you include talking about how as a company you no longer care about fixing bugs and only pushing content to sell MTX and line your pockets?

Betrayal and master implementation is still a buggy mess which shows how little attention to detail you guys pay anymore.
I don't see how a capitalistic economy system, with an infinite growth, can be substainable, while only raises the level of chaos. :)
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Designing Path of Exile to be Played Forever

I love the sound of that sentence!
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Can't wait to watch this :) Praise be to Krillson!
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
sound interesting :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info