Chris Wilson will Speak at the Game Developers Conference 2019

well... i m all 4 the hype for the conference talk... esp if chris gonna talk abt making poe last a long time or "4ever"... the word 4ever sounds interesting...

but if tats the case, y choose 2 cash out his shares 2 10cent in 2018...

is it becos he has done his spreadsheet calculations n poe has reach its peak or would reach its peak soon... n after tat... tings can only go downhill from there???
34pre98qua
Looking back at the past and looking forward to the future.
"
klokwerkaos wrote:
Too bad the people from warframe won't be in attendance last I knew, they could learn many good lessons from PoE developers.

ROFL
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
"
"Designing Path of Exile to be Played Forever"

I fucking love that title.
"
Schakar wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
He'd better learn from others how to foster a community from beaing too toxic, and how make game not requiring top-tier PC to show kinda average picture.
Learning from others is better than learning it the hard way...

[...]
And the first toxic one I see here is you.
[...]

Your post is the definition of toxicity. MortalKombat3 is right both about toxicity and about performance.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Should we expect Chris to say something about fossil stash tab in this conference? Otherwise i don't know how this may affect any player here.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"toxic" communities is code for active communities
"
Schakar wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
He'd better learn from others how to foster a community from beaing too toxic, and how make game not requiring top-tier PC to show kinda average picture.
Learning from others is better than learning it the hard way...

Sorry but what you are talking about?

And the first toxic one I see here is you.

How can you be so blind or unable to smell the toxicity?

I see more pussies or penises or all the other vulgar or offensive nick names or titles or messages in the game than in my daily life. I'm also a GO player (a mind board game like chess) and I play it online (Kiseido Go server) and I never ever see any offensive writings there (even though I may still meet some rude or annoying players).

It is easy to stretch back to 2013 and brush many many obvious accomplishments (PoE has achieved many awesome things, no denial here) since then but sweep all the toxicity under the carpet as if there is no such thing to see as you say. What about the "Fuck you GGG / Thank you GGG" statistics which has never been reported or documented?

There have always been "Fuck You GGG" cursers and "Thank You GGG" supporters in the game. The chances are that GGG has scored a higher Fuck You/Thank You ratio in the betrayal league than in the previous leagues. The syndicate members had been deadly difficult, even more difficult than the zone or map bosses and many hardcore players have probably quit HC before the various nerfs in the later patches.

Don't understand me wrong as I am a softcore player and I play PoE with impunity. I've had three characters in standard all of which killed shaper and one of them is a unique build that I've created myself. I've played in standard for years before and betrayal is my first temporary league. Today, I proudly took down shaper. Not just with any build but with my own new custom build "RF Avatar of Fire Bladefall Chieftain" that I've created myself. It is my league starter and only char in Betrayal. Putting endgame content like shaper aside, even the first few days of Betrayal was exciting as watching power players level up ultra fast or beat red tier maps. Something you cannot experience in standard. Despite these good experiences, Betrayal difficulty & reward mechanics has many flaws. On the one side, syndicates rip HC players in difficult maps with a high tier or difficult mods. On the other side, there are geared and +90 level players who farm syndicates in act zones, not in maps but in act level 62 or something.

The filth and toxicity is there in PoE along with greedy players and intensive flippers in the game. I tried to play Dota a bit but quit it years ago because of flaming and toxic community there. There was an abundance of offense for sure that I endured from my teammates. Moreover, those barking and shouting players had been really idiots in the game who cannot comprehend the complexity of Dota. The PoE community, those you measure in millions, is full of offensive, rude and idiot people. Full of toxicity. But I'm not partying in this game like in Dota. I play solo all the time.
Last edited by Varvarel on Jan 30, 2019, 1:07:23 AM
"
Takeaway
Attendees will gain understanding of how to design online games for maximum replayability as well as how to foster a community for long-term growth.

But who will teach Chris about it before he give his speech?

POE replayability inside league ends in 1 month - thats short comparing to other MMORPG's and similar generes. They have only 1 league in them which last years before it collapse.

POE game replayability is designed around leagues that give you new content and better rewards comparing to Standard, aka the real long term game mode here, thus forcing you to start from scratch if you want easy money/gear. Often even gear that is way more powerful and never implemented in standard - thus giving you unfair adventage.
If leagues didnt offer that, not many people would play them.
For mmorpg games this is moraly wrong design.

One person spoke something about Warframe. It is true that their developers could learn something from this game. But if it comes to replayability - warframe have one league only and have really big popularity. It is also growing and lasting for years now. It is outshining POE in this regard by miles.
Last edited by herflik on Jan 30, 2019, 1:12:45 AM
Oh fuck they really do own our souls.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info