Chris Wilson will Speak at the Game Developers Conference 2019

It's always interesting to hear Chris talking about PoE, can't wait!
Tech guy
"
Varvarel wrote:
"
Schakar wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
He'd better learn from others how to foster a community from beaing too toxic, and how make game not requiring top-tier PC to show kinda average picture.
Learning from others is better than learning it the hard way...

Sorry but what you are talking about?

And the first toxic one I see here is you.

How can you be so blind or unable to smell the toxicity?

I see more pussies or penises or all the other vulgar or offensive nick names or titles or messages in the game than in my daily life.

They are clearly against the EULA and there is a report function for violations. Feel free to use it all day long!

But understand it. The first toxic post has been yours with "hope Chris will learn from them". And now again with your rude and agressive "how can you be so blind".
Realy sorry but there are 100 thinks they can learn from him for every 1 think he could maybe learn from them.

Compared to other MMOGs this comunity is the last toxic I know! Even Minecraft is much more hostil.

There is just 1 think Chris could learn from them:
How to betrayl your custumers and pull more money out of their pokets.
And I pray he will refuse to learn this! ;)

Just check out Paradox games. City Skylines, Stellaris, Battletech.
They bring add-ons on regular base. Which you have to PAY for. And most of them aren't even real add-ons. Just some fancy stuff which is labled as "add on". So should he learn to cash-cow-sell the new league every 3 month?
Yea, you can spend a lot of money for supporter-packs. Much more then for Paradox "add ons". But you don't have to and get the TRUE add-ons FOR FREE. Which are REAL add-ons with new gems, new items, new mechanic, new areas.
Not just some "you can play Plant-Races" for 19.90€, "new Humanoid pictures" for 9,90€, "play as Mercenary now" for 19,90€ trash. Or the best "Snow" 19,90€, "Rain" 19,90€, "Night" 19,90€ ... NOT all in one "add-one" but one fu... cash-cow-milking for every singel one!!
Last edited by Schakar on Jan 30, 2019, 8:06:29 PM
"
DasName wrote:

"

- a very active Bex ... I mean comunication :). Even he, Chris him selve is talking with the comunity. Tell me ONE damn other company, where the big boss talks with his custumers at all. ONE other!

Tell me one other company who uses players like beta testers like POE does. Every 3 months they release unfished content after all.
"

- if they have a problem (like trade site reasently or map-stash problems) ... they have the balls to admit "we have a problem". Not the usual "install the latest drivers" auto-response from brainless robots like ALL other gaming companis!!

Only if they have to.
There are dozens of stealth changes and nerfs every league.

"

So enlight us.
WHAT should he learn from anyone else?? THEY have to learn from him!!
And if you feal this comunity is to hostil ... stop posting. It would allready be a lot less hostil!

It's simple, despite all their success a game like D3 has sold more copies and despite having no updates a game like D3 probably has still hundreds of thousands if not millions of players left.
The numbers don't lie, like it or not POE didn'T even manage to beat D3. ´

ALL other use their users as beta tester too. Some even as alpha testers! True, Blizzard releases mostly polished products. But even they have massive BUGs some times and are far from perfectly balanced. And there for they need 10-12 years to release something at all *g*.
So for JUST 3 month of development time leagues are technical very well done compared to other producs.
Every heared about X3? Assasins Greed Unite, BF 4, Elder Scroll Skyrim release? AAA fullprice games after many many years of development ... UNPLAYEBLE! And some of them are still buggy as hell and no longer supported (aka NO MORE bug fixes!).
And now let's check 3 month league mechanics. Unplayeble? Not a single one! Bugs? Sure. But be sure. Fix-patches are coming asap :).

D3 has sold more coppys ... sure. As Blizzard has a super largh fan base which buys everything they release. And Diablo was for long time the only Master of Hack&Slay. While you have 100 ego-shoters, RPGs, RTS and other games there was just one Hack&Slay. So it had to be expected, that the latest version will be sold like hot butter.
Maybe as nobody wanted to compete with big B. This has changed!
And while big B is made for the every day consumer with Console and Smartphone (TERRIBLE textures, low CPU/GPU-powered washing mashines with small displays) + 6 button pad-control ... Path of Exile is made for the more intense PC players who like REAL char creation.
And yes GGG, I belive it was massive mistake to support PS4!
PLEASE never considder of going for dump-phones.

Yes, you need more then a I-Phone to play this game. But my I5-4680k and even my old NV460ti with 8gb can handle it with 60 fps.
5 year old CPU + 8 year old GPU.
If your hardware is older ... BUY NEW ONE! Not GGGs problem!

And yes, if they have to admit a problem ... THEY DO! Just check out all the Dev posts with "we will look at it" here: https://gggtracker.com/
Others including big Blizzard NEVER EVER would admit "users, we have a problem"! So again. THEY have to learn from Chris. Not visa versa.
Show me the side of any other developer with so many comunication. Is there a Blizzard-Tracker.com? UBISoft-Tracker? Activision-Tracker?
Last edited by Schakar on Jan 30, 2019, 7:53:09 PM
This isn't Jay Wilson reincarnated is it?

OMG, POE is doomed

Just kidding

Will you be posting a transcript?
If they make MTX tradable and farmable but make it rare, that would for sure hold the players for more than just 1 month each league.
cool
Would definitely repeatedly poke shapers in the eye or delve to China to get a stash page or a pet corgi as a drop.

That would be in line with the unspoken golden rule of freemium: always give inveterate tightwads a way to obtain premium doodads if they hate themselves that much. Especially if the type of grinding they have to do to get it, also increases player retention and adds value to the pubby party experience.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
xPeleusx wrote:
Will he talk about how to keep the Xbox community growing. As it is right now it really is not.

The Xbox community is small like really small. (I just fought The Pale Council for the first time the other day. I wanted to unlock the multimod crafting stuff. Achievement pops 0.14% completed this achievement. ???

So this got me to look at other achievements in the game.

3.25% of players got One Small Step (Open a Map in the portal device (does this not unlock during the main quest) if it only counts for end game maps then it is bad.

1.3% have completed Merc Lab.

1.14% got to lvl 80.

0.65% completed all white maps.

0.74% completed the end game labyrinth.

Cause if this has happened with Xbox it will happen with PS4 as well.

How about keeping open communication between GGG and Xbox community soon to be PS4 as well.

As it is now Jeff of GGG is not talking to us on a regular, not like you folks have for PC.

It all feels that they have pushed us off to the side.

None of this surprises me. The early game content is not compelling enough and there isn't enough variation in gameplay. You're just doing the same thing largely over and over. Then add the weak enemies who have not scaled with the new content and it feels like there is never any sense of Risk or Urgency. Where is the sense of Danger?

Plus very little is explained regarding the games mechanics and stats. There should be some pop-ups to help explain the different features and it would help if this happened every so often say once every 2 new areas. Especially during Act 1-4.

There need to be more interesting encounters and a greater sense of mystery. Furthermore more lines of Dialog from the main character could do much to help sell the Immersion.
Last edited by IcyMistV on Feb 6, 2019, 4:43:40 PM
good
Thanks for the great talk Chris.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info