Chris Wilson will Speak at the Game Developers Conference 2019

For every single time he utters the words "player retention" I will kick a puppy.
Saving the free-to-play industry? Just another day for Chris.
IGN: Nathos
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
from thousands to millions of active players
that's some missinformation out there
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Jan 29, 2019, 6:11:46 PM
Wow - great topic, and I believe GGG development has a lot to bring to the table here. Is it possible the session could be recorded so I could access it after the conference?

As a software developer of nearly 30 years, I believe this is something that would benefit a wide range (if not most) software products that want to remain relevant over the long term.

After seeing the announcement, I went to the the Game Developer Conference (GDC) website to learn more, since I already live on the US west coast. After a quick run through of the conference dates, price and hotel rates, it looks like I won't be able to attend.

For others wanting to learn more, just do a web page search at https://schedule.gdconf.com/ for grinding to get to the listing for "Designing 'Path of Exile' to Be Played Forever". Unfortunately, it is buried in a huge list of (for me) less interesting topics. Looking through the list, our current emphasis on social justice is also a recurring theme, which is unsurprising since the venue is San Francisco.

Chris, if you haven't been before, San Francisco is an amazing city - don't let the need to navigate the current social justice zealotry keep you at / near the hotel :) .

Anyway, good luck and please let me / us know if there will be any way to see or listen to your presentation after the conference.
ya baby
Congratulations :)
I'm pretty sure you can't play 'forever'. You gotta eat and or drink and or move around.
Saved
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
He'd better learn from others how to foster a community from beaing too toxic, and how make game not requiring top-tier PC to show kinda average picture.
Learning from others is better than learning it the hard way...

learn how to price MTXes
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Hopefully the dolts will learn a thing or two. I hope they take notes!
Censored.
"multiple overlapping axes of randomness"
This might be my new signature ;)
Still play SSF on my main account :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info