Chris Wilson will Speak at the Game Developers Conference 2019

Tbh PoE has my favourite content model and i have no idea if its classed as game as a service or not but If i was a developer i'd go listen to what Chris had to say.

If cucks like EA could put out content like this every 3 months i might actually buy their shiznizzle.
"
herflik wrote:
"
Takeaway
Attendees will gain understanding of how to design online games for maximum replayability as well as how to foster a community for long-term growth.

But who will teach Chris about it before he give his speech?

POE replayability inside league ends in 1 month - thats short comparing to other MMORPG's and similar generes. They have only 1 league in them which last years before it collapse.

POE game replayability is designed around leagues that give you new content and better rewards comparing to Standard, aka the real long term game mode here, thus forcing you to start from scratch if you want easy money/gear. Often even gear that is way more powerful and never implemented in standard - thus giving you unfair adventage.
If leagues didnt offer that, not many people would play them.
For mmorpg games this is moraly wrong design.

One person spoke something about Warframe. It is true that their developers could learn something from this game. But if it comes to replayability - warframe have one league only and have really big popularity. It is also growing and lasting for years now. It is outshining POE in this regard by miles.

But you do come back and play, as do many other people. Saying "if leagues didn't offer that, not many people would play them" is meaningless because leagues do offer that and people do play them; it'd be like saying "people wouldn't call you rich if you didn't have all that money!" Yes, technically correct, but not really meaningful.

Leagues are successful and are POE's unique way of both rolling out and testing new content. Standard leagues might be "the real long term game mode" but a huge portion of the playerbase doesn't care about that. The game is perfectly replayable without resorting to crap like raising the level cap 10 levels and other nonsense.
"
Aixius wrote:

But you do come back and play, as do many other people. Saying "if leagues didn't offer that, not many people would play them" is meaningless because leagues do offer that and people do play them; it'd be like saying "people wouldn't call you rich if you didn't have all that money!" Yes, technically correct, but not really meaningful.

Leagues are successful and are POE's unique way of both rolling out and testing new content. Standard leagues might be "the real long term game mode" but a huge portion of the playerbase doesn't care about that. The game is perfectly replayable without resorting to crap like raising the level cap 10 levels and other nonsense.

I come back to play 2-3 weeks per 3 months just like many people here.
Often its more as ciriousity of change rather than saying that this game have something to boast about when it comes to replayability.
Sometimes its because ARPG market is really poor and there is no choice to start off. Also remember many people need like 1 week (since they dont play 24/7) to get to maps and to even start any comparission to start off.

Replayability means your content can be played for long term of time without the need of dirty tricks like POE does it. Like offering you better items that you wont get if you dont try new league and waste your time to do many things all over again just to try 10% of new content.

Also replayability means you can play for long time without any new content update. For POE its usualy 1 month lifetime, there are games that dont update anymore since years and are still played.

POE will survive, but to teach others about something that you dont do well yourself is just ironic.
Hmm I didnt see cash out as soon as possible as one of the topic points....
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
herflik wrote:
Replayability means your content can be played for long term of time without the need of dirty tricks like POE does it. Like offering you better items that you wont get if you dont try new league and waste your time to do many things all over again just to try 10% of new content.

Also replayability means you can play for long time without any new content update. For POE its usualy 1 month lifetime, there are games that dont update anymore since years and are still played.

Pretty sure replayability means players are willing to play the content over again, which you clearly are willing to do.

Saying that new content invalidates replayability because it's new is just setting yourself up to move the goalposts whenever you want. If you admit they can hook you into replaying their entire game every three months "just to try 10% of new content" then you've as good as proven that the game has replayability.
I can't wait! Really hyped! ^_^
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Will he talk about how to keep the Xbox community growing. As it is right now it really is not.

The Xbox community is small like really small. (I just fought The Pale Council for the first time the other day. I wanted to unlock the multimod crafting stuff. Achievement pops 0.14% completed this achievement. ???

So this got me to look at other achievements in the game.

3.25% of players got One Small Step (Open a Map in the portal device (does this not unlock during the main quest) if it only counts for end game maps then it is bad.

1.3% have completed Merc Lab.

1.14% got to lvl 80.

0.65% completed all white maps.

0.74% completed the end game labyrinth.

Cause if this has happened with Xbox it will happen with PS4 as well.

How about keeping open communication between GGG and Xbox community soon to be PS4 as well.

As it is now Jeff of GGG is not talking to us on a regular, not like you folks have for PC.

It all feels that they have pushed us off to the side.

If Chris Wilson is a speaker, that conference has very low standards.
Congratulations Chris!

Activision would benefit greatly from this insight, but they'll probably be playing games on their phones the entire time. Hearthstock.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Hope we can get the footage from the talk! Cool!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info