Chris Wilson will Speak at the Game Developers Conference 2019

Nice!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
GGG has come really far, I'm proud. I wouldn't have seen it coming in 2013 at all.

The science of asset reutilization is strong in this game.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jan 29, 2019, 7:49:12 PM
"
Makillda wrote:
For everyone asking, GDC has a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0JB7TSe49lg56u6qH8y_MQ

I would expect his presentation to be available there. I hope there is a Q&A. I want to see how he presents the "multiple axes of randomness" as a means of extending gameplay. That should be a treat.

Thanks for the information - much appreciated. Finger's crossed we can see the presentation this way. Also, I agree with your hope for a Q&A session.
will this speech be uploaded anywhere? would be interested in watching

edit: nevermind just read above me and saw their youtube channel
Last edited by jimmate on Jan 29, 2019, 8:19:59 PM
I really hope you all like politics and, uh, diversity in your video games.
Too bad the people from warframe won't be in attendance last I knew, they could learn many good lessons from PoE developers.
How did this get double posted?
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Jan 29, 2019, 9:00:40 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
He'd better learn from others how to foster a community from beaing too toxic, and how make game not requiring top-tier PC to show kinda average picture.
Learning from others is better than learning it the hard way...

If San Francisco's streets are as "toxic" as I hear they are (American Heart Association or another American Health group moved it's annual yearly conference out of San Fran after the participants did not feel safe) then maybe he will get the idea that fear of toxicity only breeds another form of it.

"
Außenseiter wrote:
I really hope you all like politics and, uh, diversity in your video games.

Diversity means you OBEY and don't ask questions. Actual diversity be damned.

Despite the above comments, this sounds like good news and I am really proud of both Chris Wilson and the entire team to have brought the game this far. The attendees are lucky to have a master developer New Zealand Native to come and speak to them. Makes me want to go.
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Jan 29, 2019, 9:01:07 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
He'd better learn from others how to foster a community from beaing too toxic, and how make game not requiring top-tier PC to show kinda average picture.
Learning from others is better than learning it the hard way...

Sorry but what you are talking about?

This game is FAR from needing a "top tier PC". Not even close but far FAR away! It is not his problem, if you try to play the game with 15 year old hardware (or your machine is simply terrible spammed with all kind of useless apps which slow your PC down to a point of no return).

And the first toxic one I see here is you.
All other gratulate and are happy, that GGG as former Indi company managed to a) survive and b) do many thinks sooooo much better then any other "big player"

- a NEW, and I mean truely NEW, league every 3 month including LOTS of new content, storry and items
- big patches about every 12 month which are REALY big!! Sometimes with total overhaul of old mechanics
- a very active Bex ... I mean comunication :). Even he, Chris him selve is talking with the comunity. Tell me ONE damn other company, where the big boss talks with his custumers at all. ONE other!
- if they have a problem (like trade site reasently or map-stash problems) ... they have the balls to admit "we have a problem". Not the usual "install the latest drivers" auto-response from brainless robots like ALL other gaming companis!!

So enlight us.
WHAT should he learn from anyone else?? THEY have to learn from him!!
And if you feal this comunity is to hostil ... stop posting. It would allready be a lot less hostil!

PS: just for comparision big blue Bl.... with Di... XYZ
- new league == 2 years NO new content. Not even balance patches! And if, you must pay freaking 30 bugs for a new class.
- standart answare for every problem: "install new driver" ... I broke my legs -> "install new driver", my head fall off -> "install new driver" from random support robot
- every workday at last a "hi" from one of them? HAHAHAHAHA, NEVER! or even a post from the boss of big B? Hell, anyone know his name at all? (hint: Allen Brack .. and he ONLY talks to his Wallstreat buddys!!)
- toxic comunity? hell, check out all the ego-shoter PvP comunitys or WoT/LoL. THEY are toxic!

WHAT should Chris learn from this big blue butheads?
How to make 64x64 pixel textures so every I-Phone can play the super duper new anounced hyper spin off where they let pay people $300,- just to be in the arena when they anounce this SCAM?
Last edited by Schakar on Jan 29, 2019, 10:25:40 PM
I'd attend this in a heartbeat if I could. Looking forward to the VOD!
GG GGG <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info