Aaron Ciccheli who owns 7.5% of GGG, owns two RMT websites that sell POE items.

my only question is how much did that 7.5% cost???

seriously just curious

but me as a player I really dont care much about GGGs behind the scenes business practices so long as the deliver a product I enjoy
I dont see any any key!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
First off... RMT is against the rules, not against the law. We don't like it, as hobbyists, but plenty of people have no problem with it (or it wouldn't exist). GGG bans RMTers and does what they can to keep RMT out of the game. I believe that... perhaps in error.

Secondly, they need investors. You don't run a company on air and good vibes. Someone walks in with millions of dollars and says he wants to invest, you don't ask if he's a cheater at a video game.

Last: If RMT bothers people so much, they need to give up trading. You're benefiting RMT by trading with people. You might not RMT yourself, but it's really naïve to assume that the people you're trading with don't. That makes you just as bad, in my book. You trade 100 chaos for an exalt, and the guy you traded to trades the chaos for cash. Not that far removed. You say you're clean but you're not.

you need to relax always trying to make people play SSF lol

is not the same as taking investment in. As doing a random sell-trade

way different stuff

Now the real question of this post is the timing of it seems like is not a casual they choose yesterday to do so.

Also does this means from this point forward if you support GGG you need to be ok whit rmt?
Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
Last edited by noheal on Feb 27, 2018, 11:36:46 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
First off... RMT is against the rules, not against the law. We don't like it, as hobbyists, but plenty of people have no problem with it (or it wouldn't exist). GGG bans RMTers and does what they can to keep RMT out of the game. I believe that... perhaps in error.

Secondly, they need investors. You don't run a company on air and good vibes. Someone walks in with millions of dollars and says he wants to invest, you don't ask if he's a cheater at a video game.

Last: If RMT bothers people so much, they need to give up trading. You're benefiting RMT by trading with people. You might not RMT yourself, but it's really naïve to assume that the people you're trading with don't. That makes you just as bad, in my book. You trade 100 chaos for an exalt, and the guy you traded to trades the chaos for cash. Not that far removed. You say you're clean but you're not.

That's besides the point. The real issue lies within GGG's integrity as a company; they've forbidden RMT and 'fight' against it, this is undeniable, but what are their motives in doing so? Do they want RMT to not exist in their game OR do they want to maintain a monopoly in the RMT market?

GGG is anything but transparent when it comes to dealing with the RMT 'problem'. Now it turns out that an ex-RMTer owns shares of their company, making it all look that much worse. Hiring and owning shares are two completely different things after all.
Sounds like you're claiming that they support a RMT site. You'll have to show that. Proof of that claim is on you, not on GGG or us. If they can prove they've been hurt financially by your claim, you could be liable (in the US anyways).
cry about it
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
RMT is rampant in virtually every online game; WoW, RS, LoL, D3, you name it. You can't stop it, and you shouldn't want to. Let's say I have a neighbour who happens to play PoE and wants an item from me, so he gets an idea and offers me cash or services for it. We trade in-game, nobody will ever know about it. That's RMT and you can't stop it, you can't control it. There will always be players willing to sell items and services, and there will always be players willing to buy them. Most of these are casuals who don't have that much time to play and/or not that skilled, but they have a decent paying job, and they're happy to pay for some items and services. Nothing wrong with that. It's a video game for entertainment, not an E-sport. If you are fighting against RMT, you're fighting against casual players, who make up the bulk of the playerbase and buy all the MTX and supporter packs. RMT is good for the economy and playerbase. If you are fighting against RMT, you are fighting against PoE itself.

The way RMT is viewed today by some is archaic and outdated. I genuinely believe that D3 RMAH had it right - legal, regulated, and safe, unlike a black market full of scam victims. Of course D3 as a game has failed but due to entirely different reasons. A parallel could be drawn here to drugs - legalize, regulate, and make it safe is always the way to go, instead of a black market full of violence and drugs getting laced with other substances leading to tragic overdose deaths.

Most players are willfully ignorant and aren't ready to hear the truth about RMT, so game developers are forced to keep up a facade, but they know damn well that fighting against it would be undermining their own game. You can't stop RMT, you can't control RMT, it's part of life, and it's good for the game, whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

In a few years, when most of you slowpokes manage to catch up, RMT will be welcomed, celebrated, and universally accepted as the norm.

You can't handle the truth about RMT.
Can we agree the OP shall burn at the stake for their blasphemous remarks?
why are people surprised? it has been more than confirmed that GGG is in on it with the coil scandal, if that wasnt enough to convince you I dont know what is.
also I remember a time where loads of big name streamers """found""" MoM chest (often linking them too) - while offline - when it was BIS, one of them even made a joke about it in a podcast and all the others were pretty nervous with it

Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 27, 2018, 11:51:32 AM
its disgusting. they should pay him out and get law steps if he dont stops that stuff. rmt is banned in poe, even for wales. and chris trys to shittalk about is, lel.
that guy is around since forever and now he sold the sides, 1-2 months ago?
lel

even that "we get nice exp. with him" argument triggers me. what is there to learn about rmt sites? they create spambots and buy+sell, no big magic.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 27, 2018, 11:54:27 AM
"
Mufflon wrote:
Can we agree the OP shall burn at the stake for their blasphemous remarks?

I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info