Aaron Ciccheli who owns 7.5% of GGG, owns two RMT websites that sell POE items.

Seems quite logical to me. The best at Internet security are the hackers who broke into the computer systems and know where the security vulnerabilities/flaws are so for trying to stop (at least minimize) the PoE RMT market it makes good sense to hire some one with the knowledge of how RMTers acquire all the gear they sell. So a former RMTer is now advising GGG on best ways to squash RMT market. Good for GGG. That should surprise or alarm no one but apparently the OP is thinking there's a problem here.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
This just shows how naive or purposefully inflammatory the OP is. The government and banks regularly higher hackers in order to gain their expertise so that they can fight against other hackers. I'm pretty sure if you investigate anti-virus software companies you'll find that many of them were founded by hackers or have hired hackers.
"
BearCares wrote:
This just shows how naive or purposefully inflammatory the OP is. The government and banks regularly higher hackers in order to gain their expertise so that they can fight against other hackers. I'm pretty sure if you investigate anti-virus software companies you'll find that many of them were founded by hackers or have hired hackers.

Exactly. I run a small WISP and in early 2000s we hired a tech who had hacked into one of our servers because he had the knowledge of ethernet and Internet communication protocols and Cisco router/switch OS commands we were looking for. Just made good sense and also steered this individual into an IT career and away from the dark side.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:

Exactly. I run a small WISP and in early 2000s we hired a tech who had hacked into one of our servers because he had the knowledge of ethernet and Internet communication protocols and Cisco router/switch OS commands we were looking for. Just made good sense and also steered this individual into an IT career and away from the dark side.

this topic is kinda odd it came out right 4 days before the league start, something that is not really a secret per see....

Now some people may take to heart GGG being related to the RMT sites lol and pull their support out just for that reason i guess.

like check OP that account is far from new, so I guess some people do care about this type of news and trying to play it out as standard industry practice is odd

PD: you hiring someone is quite different from having someone being part owner on your business
They took his money and value the possible problems I guess now they just face the music and see what happens
Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
Last edited by noheal on Feb 27, 2018, 10:25:34 AM
does this matter to you ?
as long as they keep this game free to play and new contents that surprise us i don't care
So an RMTer owns a 7.5% of GGG's stock...

and people defend this.
Hiring a person of a field you currently have no people for that is confronted on a daily basis with the problems of that field.

You know what normal people call that? Competent.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
dtk92892 wrote:
as long as they keep this game free to play and new contents that surprise us i don't care

Do you think that stuff like the default 4 stash tabs are randomly in the game or they are designed in a matter that the game enviroment forces you into mtx stash tabs? I'm not surprised at all at them involved in RMT sites, they just wan't your cash. Think about drop rates or item quantity on gear, do you think reducing them has an effect on RMT sales? And i'm asking what you think, not stating anything here.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
So a person who may or may not own a few RMT sites (a perfectly legal business that happens to ruin games) owns a non-controlling share of a company and has no influence in the company as a result.

Does that about cover it?
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
dtk92892 wrote:

Do you think that stuff like the default 4 stash tabs are randomly in the game or they are designed in a matter that the game enviroment forces you into mtx stash tabs? I'm not surprised at all at them involved in RMT sites, they just wan't your cash. Think about drop rates or item quantity on gear, do you think reducing them has an effect on RMT sales? And i'm asking what you think, not stating anything here.

The problem is do you enjoy the game?
Remember this game is against monster not other players, a lot of builds can beat end game content with budget investment

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info