Aaron Ciccheli who owns 7.5% of GGG, owns two RMT websites that sell POE items.

"
Boem wrote:
Hiring a person of a field you currently have no people for that is confronted on a daily basis with the problems of that field.

You know what normal people call that? Competent.

Peace,

-Boem-

they didnt hire anyone tho it was a investment
Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
Guys, really, there is no defense here, a guy who own's 7.5% of a company have made money all that time with a RMT site, totally against the rules in this game and it is a game where people had donate money all this time, "supporting" it, so should I buy my supp packs with the money I can get selling RMT items and it will be ok?... Really, 7.5%?? He isn't paid to advise he is one of the owners of the company, even without power of choice.

Sorry guys, I'm feeling really bad plus it is impossible (or near impossible) to know if he doesn't have another site or keep making RMT tradings in another account, also it really makes me think if there aren't another "investors" or people there making RMT...

This response didn't help at all, shit man, GGG was my favorite developer at moment and I'm feeling tricked :(.
Last edited by Bolander on Feb 27, 2018, 10:50:47 AM
"
dtk92892 wrote:

The problem is do you enjoy the game?
Remember this game is against monster not other players, a lot of builds can beat end game content with budget investment

Thread is about business practices but if you particularly care about enjoyment id say i like relaxing smooth addictive games where i can put my music on and forget about the enviroment. 60-70% of the content is enjoyable 30-40% is meh.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
As much as I like GGG, I have to agree this whole business is shady as fuck.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
To help our ongoing fight against RMT we sold 7,5% of our stock to a know RMTer and chinese version of our game has RMT built into it.

Thats good for PoE because blackhat hackers and stuff.

"
Boem wrote:
Hiring a person of a field you currently have no people for that is confronted on a daily basis with the problems of that field.

You know what normal people call that? Competent.

Peace,

-Boem-

Except they did not hire him. I am not sure why everybody keeps repeating this. He bought into GGG and Chris' response is that he "probably gave up his RMT site". Seriously? As the CEO of a company you do not check someones shady background with 100% certainty before you sell him shares?

I am not saying there ius actually anything shady going on here, but at the very least it was handled very poorly by Chris in releasing such vague statements.
this has already been debunked.

why are you trying to hurt PoE by posting this bullsh*t here? f*ck off.

reported.
Debunked? Chris admitted he did buy the shares. What exactly has been debunked here and how?
"
Sarge_101 wrote:
I'm posting this here, since this is GGG's actual forum,So I can stir shit and create drama.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
First off... RMT is against the rules, not against the law. We don't like it, as hobbyists, but plenty of people have no problem with it (or it wouldn't exist). GGG bans RMTers and does what they can to keep RMT out of the game. I believe that... perhaps in error.

Secondly, they need investors. You don't run a company on air and good vibes. Someone walks in with millions of dollars and says he wants to invest, you don't ask if he's a cheater at a video game.

Last: If RMT bothers people so much, they need to give up trading. You're benefiting RMT by trading with people. You might not RMT yourself, but it's really naïve to assume that the people you're trading with don't. That makes you just as bad, in my book. You trade 100 chaos for an exalt, and the guy you traded to trades the chaos for cash. Not that far removed. You say you're clean but you're not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info